Right: 12x2 tens, 9x2 tens

Left: 11x2 tens, 6x2tens

TTK

Right: 8x11.25, 13x10, 12x10, 13x10

Left: 5x11.25, 11x10, 9x10, 8x10

Sledgehammer Holds Front and Rear 3 sets with 8 lb sledgehammer

EYHB 4 sets

Reverse Wrist curls 2 sets

Crush is coming back. It seems that I can't really stress my arms with thick bar while I focus on grippers, because it kills my gripper strength. Also, some shoulder pain in my right shoulder is killing my ability to set properly for my off hand closes and it shows in the results. Oh well...been lifting for years so the injuries follow me around.

I've gone from closing my MM1 @ 157 lbs to hit or miss on an easy coc3 due to fatigue from RT and euro pinch.

Both pinch and thickbar murder the gripper strength. :(

Grip today

Grippers

RIght: 4xhybrid SM 120, 2x2.5 125, 4xBBM 118, 1xHSM 120, 4 CCS coc 2

Left: 2.8xghp5, Miss BBM 118, 1xGHP 5, 1xcoc2 (horrible set), 2 CCS GHP4

Plate Curls

Right: 12x2 tens, 9x2 tens

Left: 11x2 tens, 6x2tens

TTK

Right: 8x11.25, 13x10, 12x10, 13x10

Left: 5x11.25, 11x10, 9x10, 8x10

Sledgehammer Holds Front and Rear 3 sets with 8 lb sledgehammer

EYHB 4 sets

Reverse Wrist curls 2 sets

Crush is coming back. It seems that I can't really stress my arms with thick bar while I focus on grippers, because it kills my gripper strength. Also, some shoulder pain in my right shoulder is killing my ability to set properly for my off hand closes and it shows in the results. Oh well...been lifting for years so the injuries follow me around.

I've gone from closing my MM1 @ 157 lbs to hit or miss on an easy coc3 due to fatigue from RT and euro pinch.

Both pinch and thickbar murder the gripper strength. :(

Yeah man! I'm new to this sport so Im learning as I go along...I thought by hitting other areas hard there would be goos carryover to grippers but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I do better when focusing.on crush and doing maintenance work with the other areas for now. Interestingly enough, I cant rep out the 2.5 mms style, but am extremely close to ccsing it. Who the hell knowa

Btw sorry for my horrible spelling, im using my phone to type lol

• Like 1

I've started to cykle different stuff. Doing 2 months RT 2 months 2hpinch etc :)

Its all going up up up in strength!

Only grippers are lagging but Im thinking that when Im very strong in wrist, thickbar and pinch my grippers will gome along fast later on.

I've started to cykle different stuff. Doing 2 months RT 2 months 2hpinch etc :)

Its all going up up up in strength!

Only grippers are lagging but Im thinking that when Im very strong in wrist, thickbar and pinch my grippers will gome along fast later on.

I think that's a Good idea. I'd like to focus on thick bar for a bit but I will either close this damn 3 or die trying lol

• Like 1

Legs today

Romanian Deadlifts 10x205 9x235 4x260

Squats 10x275

Barbell split squat 10x135 each leg

Glute ham raises 4, 3

Hip abduction 30x290

Abs

Sucked wind through this workout. Many factors led to me being exhausted. Ate a nice huge dinner and am going to bed early. Rest day tomorrow :)

just abs and rotator cuffs today. Taking advantage of another rest day

Back biceps today

Db rows 9/8x110, 4/3x115

Pull ups 7xbw+50, 12xbw+25

Cable rows with underhand grip 11x150, 8x150

Cable row overhand grip 15x120

Close grip pull ups 15 11

Hyperextensions 20 20

Dumbbell preacher curls 15x25, 7x30

Abs

Nice rows bro!

Chest Shoulders Triceps today

DB flat bench press 5x100

Seated overhead Db press 10x75, 6x70

DB incline bench press 7x80, 5x75

Standing db lateral raises 8x30, 12x25

Facedown incline bench db lateral raises 10x20, 8x20

Incline Hammerstrength press 5x105, 5x95 per side

Db flat bench tricep extensions 6x35, 6x35, 12x25

Abs, rotator cuffs

Update: This is week 4 of my 6 week body recomp phase. It's going well. I'm down about 5 pounds and will be weighing in again tomorrow. Waist is definitely smaller and looking leaner. Strength has tapered off slightly from my highs, but since this is only a 6 week cycle it shouldn't take too much of a hit. Really goes to show you that calories mean everything when it comes to strength and size. If you're not getting your calories in, don't bother training. I haven't been going crazy with cardio; really just fast paced walking and incline walking on the treadmill after lifting sessions.

On a side note, the pain in my right shoulder is acting up again and also my left middle knuckle. Been doing tons of rotator cuff work and have just been stretching out my fingers and what not.

Bro my right shoulder is killing me

Lately to

Bro my right shoulder is killing me

Lately to

Shoulder pain is the worst bro. I'm gonna respond to this in your journal with some things that have helped me

Awesome journal man!

One question, what do you mean when you say rotary cuff work?

Hey brother, thanks for dropping by! It's great knowing I have people supporting me. Training the rotator cuffs is very important for staying injury free. When you get a minute, check out this article; it explains everything.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/cracking_the_rotator_cuff_conundrum

Awesome journal man!

Hey brother, thanks for dropping by! It's great knowing I have people supporting me. Training the rotator cuffs is very important for staying injury free. When you get a minute, check out this article; it explains everything.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/cracking_the_rotator_cuff_conundrum

Great article, I never even thought of training rotary cuffs.

Probably something I should get into seeing as dips are one of my favorite exercises.

That and an injury that puts of training scares me!

Could I do these on my off days twice a week without affecting recovery since I'm a beginner?

Bro my right shoulder is killing meLately to

Shoulder pain is the worst bro. I'm gonna respond to this in your journal with some things that have helped me
Thanks alot bro!

Awesome journal man!

Hey brother, thanks for dropping by! It's great knowing I have people supporting me. Training the rotator cuffs is very important for staying injury free. When you get a minute, check out this article; it explains everything.http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/cracking_the_rotator_cuff_conundrum

Great article, I never even thought of training rotary cuffs.

Probably something I should get into seeing as dips are one of my favorite exercises.

That and an injury that puts of training scares me!

Could I do these on my off days twice a week without affecting recovery since I'm a beginner?

Absolutely. They don't really take much out of you. Go very light and very high rep and you'll be fine. Buy a resistance band and do rotations in the house. I along with a bunch of other guys in my gym like to finish off upper body workouts doing rotations at the cable station. Great cooldown and benefits you as well.

Grip today

Grippers

Right Hand: 1xGHP 6 134, 7xchoked 2.5 125, 3xhybrid SM 120, 2xbbm 118, 5xcoc2 CCS, 29xcoc1.5 20mm block

Left: 4xchoked 2.5 125, 4xchoked 2.5, 2xchoked 2.5, 1xchoked 2.5, 3xGHP4 CCS, 20xcoc1.5 20mm block

Hub

Right Hand: Miss 41.25, 1x35, 15x30

Left: 1x35, 3x30, 13x30

Sledgehammer Holds Front and Back 3 sets 8 lb sledge

GHP 6 down :) I still have a 138 rated GHP 6 that I haven't closed yet, but as of today I can say i have closed this gripper. My shoulder has been bothering me and so I choked a 2.5 down to 20mm to use on my off hand so I wouldn't have to set grippers, and then I decided to use it for my right hand too. Hub would've been much better had I trained it first, but I just love my grippers too much to do that.

Grip today

Grippers

Right Hand: 1xGHP 6 134, 7xchoked 2.5 125, 3xhybrid SM 120, 2xbbm 118, 5xcoc2 CCS, 29xcoc1.5 20mm block

Left: 4xchoked 2.5 125, 4xchoked 2.5, 2xchoked 2.5, 1xchoked 2.5, 3xGHP4 CCS, 20xcoc1.5 20mm block

Hub

GHP 6 down :) I still have a 138 rated GHP 6 that I haven't closed yet, but as of today I can say i have closed this gripper. My shoulder has been bothering me and so I choked a 2.5 down to 20mm to use on my off hand so I wouldn't have to set grippers, and then I decided to use it for my right hand too. Hub would've been much better had I trained it first, but I just love my grippers too much to do that.

Great job on the ghp6, very respectable gripper!

Hey, does choker work work well for you? I just bought some hose clamps today so I could do over crushes on my #2. Had to choke the thing damn near parallel to do it though. The sweep seems easy, I just can't get past that last centimeter for the life of me! Figured ide work it choked for a few sessions then go back to regular

Grip today

Grippers

Hub

Hey, does choker work work well for you? I just bought some hose clamps today so I could do over crushes on my #2. Had to choke the thing damn near parallel to do it though. The sweep seems easy, I just can't get past that last centimeter for the life of me! Figured ide work it choked for a few sessions then go back to regular

Thanks man! It's been frustrating putting on strength the past month while I cut weight but it's slowly happening.

Chokers, in my opinion, are awesome. If you choke the gripper down to 20 mm, that's the best distance to work with because you really focus on that final crush. The problem though is that they do nothing to help with your setting technique or setting strength. So I think that a mixture of both setting grippers and training with chokers is best.

I checked out your journal and wanted to point out a few things. First off, training without chalk is VERY VERY different than training with it. You're gonna feel a huge difference in your set once you're all chalked up.

Also, I think once you get your technique dialed in, you'll close the 2 and maybe even for reps. Keep training your entire body to build the strength necessary to set big grippers, and you'll find that you will dominate the 2 quickly.

Grip today

Grippers

Hub

Thanks man! It's been frustrating putting on strength the past month while I cut weight but it's slowly happening.

Chokers, in my opinion, are awesome. If you choke the gripper down to 20 mm, that's the best distance to work with because you really focus on that final crush. The problem though is that they do nothing to help with your setting technique or setting strength. So I think that a mixture of both setting grippers and training with chokers is best.

I checked out your journal and wanted to point out a few things. First off, training without chalk is VERY VERY different than training with it. You're gonna feel a huge difference in your set once you're all chalked up.

Also, I think once you get your technique dialed in, you'll close the 2 and maybe even for reps. Keep training your entire body to build the strength necessary to set big grippers, and you'll find that you will dominate the 2 quickly.

Thanks man. Definantly gonna continue strength training. Thats my main focus, grip stuff is just for fun (even though it frustrates me much more!). Defenently gonna get some chalk then and see how that helps.

Well when cutting just remember what you lose in strength you'll gain in girls ;)

Grip today

Grippers

Hub

Thanks man. Definantly gonna continue strength training. Thats my main focus, grip stuff is just for fun (even though it frustrates me much more!). Defenently gonna get some chalk then and see how that helps.

Well when cutting just remember what you lose in strength you'll gain in girls ;)

Lmao indeed, although my girlfriend probably wouldn't appreciate that Hahaha. You'll be surprised at how addicted you get. When I first started it was just to supplement my other training. Now I am trying to train so I can compete at the nationals next year.

Injuries suck, try some massage man. I have this address for a guy who gives sportmassages. He actually massaged some pains away which I thought were inflammated tendons or whatever. Just cramped up muscles in the shoulder. Keep it up!

Injuries suck, try some massage man. I have this address for a guy who gives sportmassages. He actually massaged some pains away which I thought were inflammated tendons or whatever. Just cramped up muscles in the shoulder. Keep it up!

Thanks for the advice, man. I have been thinking about going for a massage, just have been a little hesistant because theyre so expensive, and then you have to tip them on top of it lol.

Thanks for the advice, man. I have been thinking about going for a massage, just have been a little hesistant because theyre so expensive, and then you have to tip them on top of it lol.

I hear you. This guy I visit once every few months is 60 years old but has hands like vices. When he starts to attack my back it's all blue from the hematomas a day later haha I had this very irritating shoulderpain on top of my shoulderbone, which he just massaged away. I had instant relief. You just need to be lucky enough to find someone who isn't into petting but really works the muscles. On top of that, he only charges around 20 dollars (€ 15,-) for half an hour so that's a good deal! Hope you find someone, maybe some people on the GB here now someone that lives in your area? It's worth the money.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1