AFreeland

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months and 10 Days
  • Local time: 09:49 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Prob no updates because for a brand new armwrestler, they have absolutly zero idea what real armwrestling is. The biggest problem with crazy strong guys is that they are strong enough to break/damage their arm in a single match. This is typically what happens, your opponent dosnt break your arm, you break it by applying side pressure because that is all you know. The other side of the coin is that a guy you think you will crush, flashes you in less than a second and leaves your head spinning. I hope you ended up injury free and had a great time!

Armwrestling is in a catagory of its own and can only be learned by practicing with experienced, activly competitive armwrestlers for years. Typically, if you armwrestle competitively, you only armwrestle as the movements are completly unique to armwrestling. If you are a sucessful bodybuilder/powerlifter/gripster, it's best to stay away from armwrestling unless you have an active armwrestling team that you can practice with regurarly. It is always such a shame to see an arm break, bicept tear, tendons snap in a novice match when it's clear this individual has put years into training, working their ass off, being healthy and then BAM, a severe injury in seconds.

Armwrestling soreness is a unique severe pain, but nothing new to us glutens for punishment. Difference is it takes a year+ typically to condition your arms for pulling vs a couple weeks of training in BB/PL/CF.

Also, Armwrestling injuries are ALWAYS serious and usually take a year+ to recover from. Just not worth it if you are already successfull in you current dicipline. But beware, Armwrestling is as addictive as crack, and if you are lucky enough to hook up with a good team you will drop everything and become a pull junky haha. Hope the event went well, and if you get hooked we'll see eachother down the road!

PS: I just noticed Eric Roussin posted in this thread earlier, I haven't been on the board for a while, the buck stops with him. Legit pro class national champion and straight badass on the table. That's the guy to listen to, and MonkeyPaws if he's still around.

Take care brother, hope I helped.

#25 OFFLINE   slazbob

slazbob

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 3 Months and 10 Days
  • Local time: 01:49 AM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

I was wondering what kind of gadgets you arm wrestlers use for training?

I've seen the big spring attached to a lever arm...I've seen different things for pull downs.

What else do you guys use?

I've always thought a suicide knob on a lever arm would make a great finger strengthener. It be like a small rolling thunder you could get your pinkie around. Just an idea....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users