SHRUG

Certified Captain of Crush & Certified RED Nail Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 19 Days
  • Local time: 01:34 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well guys............it has been years, but I have decided to work grip back into my training as a dedicated part of my training. And by that I mean that I am going to start training my grip specifically a few days out of the week. I really want to focus HARD on my crushing grip.....with the goal of closing big grippers in mind. Also, I want to focus big time on my pinch strength. Back in the good old days..........I never really pushed my gripper training all that hard. Once I certed on the 3 I really shifted more into the world of bending......because I was having such a good time doing it. Now though, with bending a thing of the past for me...........I really wanna see just what I am capable of where grippers are concerned.

I pretty much remember most of my old training techniques......as well as most of what I learned from many of the great members here. Tomorrow I will be sitting down and racking my brain as I work up what I feel to be the most solid routine I can come up with for my attack on grip strength for the 2nd Time Around! I will be working with limited resources in the beginning.......as I have sold many of my grip toys over the years. Money is tight for me at the moment and I am going to have to save up a bit of cash and replace what I supidly sold off. On the up side........I still have a few grippers left as well as a GHP Secret Weapon. Also I have a full set of hammers.........some wrist rollers...........and an IM heavy hammer leverage bar.

I would like to ask you fellows for your input to help me form my plan of attack. I have been out of the game for many years.............I am sure some things have changed. I keep detailed records of all of my training now........and this will be no different. I am just recently getting into filming some videos of some of my training here and there..........and I would like to share my grip training with you guys for input and constructive criticism.

As I prepare myself to start on this journey...........I realize that I am a bit older and that kinda scares me a bit...........but I am also a bit wiser..................and I am hoping that will help me. I am really looking forward to seeing how far I can push myself........it should be challenging and fun at the same time.......at least I hope it will be. I hope to hear from as many of you guys as I can.......with both your thoughts, as well as words of advice and caution.

SHRUG

• Shoggoth, jchap and John McCarter like this

#2 Guest_Squat More_*

Guest_Squat More_*
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 6 Months and 30 Days

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've always sucked with grip and grippers, until recently have been making progress in thickbar and recently lifted my blob. When it comes to grippers all I have ever done is squat and attempt them, the more I would attempt them on squat days the stronger I would get, now I can literally roll out of bed and MMS a #3 with sleep still in my eyes, I attribute most of my gripper strength to squats. I still suck at grippers though, and squats, so I have nothing to add, just to say it's awesome to know that one of the old school grip board guys is back at it. I wish you all the luck I can send man, kill some springs!

#3 OFFLINE   John McCarter

John McCarter

Certified Captain of Crush & Mash Monster Level 2 & Off-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 2 Months and 7 Days
  • Local time: 11:34 AM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Welcome back to the grip game and good luck in what you go after. 

If you're looking for help, I'm sure there's a few members who could help you out.

#4 OFFLINE   SHRUG

SHRUG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Getting back into the swing of things a bit and am really finding that I enjoy training my open hand gripping strength. It is strange........it feels TOTALLY different to me than picking up a gripper does. I'm finding that it seems to have huge potential for helping out with my other training. Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Also.............was just stretching out a bit today..................hadn't touched a gripper in literally years..............was able to close a COC #2 pretty easy with both my right and left hands. Definitely feels harder than I remember though for sure...........................I got some work ahead!!

SHRUG

#5 OFFLINE   SHRUG

SHRUG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Anyone interested in following my training progress...........................I've started a training log over in the appropriate section of the board. Feel free to check it out and voice your thoughts.......................any and all input is much appreciated. I will no longer be posting in this thread.......................everything will be over in my training log from now on.

SHRUG