Photo

2.5 Lb Plate....broken In Half?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jvance

jvance

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0 (both hands)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 8 Months and 3 Days
  • Local time: 04:12 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

A guy at the gym said he knew someone who could do this.  Of course I was skeptical and wanted to see a video - which was provided.  As far as I could tell from watching it one time from a smartphone - it looked legitimate.  The plate didn't break quite in the center - maybe about 2 or so inches offset.  It looked like he attacked it the same way one would finish a tough horseshoe - between the legs.  Has anyone else heard of or done such a feat???  Apparently this dude is a powerlifter- but I don't anything else about him.  It was a freaky feat for sure though!

#2 OFFLINE   anwnate

anwnate

GripBoard MashMonster Level 2, Red Nail

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 10 Days
  • Local time: 05:12 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

A guy at the gym said he knew someone who could do this.  Of course I was skeptical and wanted to see a video - which was provided.  As far as I could tell from watching it one time from a smartphone - it looked legitimate.  The plate didn't break quite in the center - maybe about 2 or so inches offset.  It looked like he attacked it the same way one would finish a tough horseshoe - between the legs.  Has anyone else heard of or done such a feat???  Apparently this dude is a powerlifter- but I don't anything else about him.  It was a freaky feat for sure though!

Can you get the link to the video?  Sounds freaky as hell.  

(Caveat : A ton of my small plates have hairline cracks in them, so even if this guy is starting with an uncracked one I don't know exactly what this feat signifies.) 

#3 OFFLINE   jvance

jvance

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0 (both hands)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 8 Months and 3 Days

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Can you get the link to the video?  Sounds freaky as hell.  

(Caveat : A ton of my small plates have hairline cracks in them, so even if this guy is starting with an uncracked one I don't know exactly what this feat signifies.) 

Never got the link to the video.  Sorry... I certainly didn't get a good look at the plate before it was snapped in half.  Certainly could've been manipulated.  But if it was legit, it's a very respectable feat. 

Edited by jvance, 11 September 2013 - 11:25 AM.

• anwnate likes this

#4 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 1 Day
  • Local time: 02:12 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

If the cast iron was weak/brittle, it's certainly possible. 

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Sharkey

Mike Sharkey

Red Roster & Official Bastard

• GB Contributor Level 2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 22 Days

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Lots of dudes who train Iron Fist, or Yong Qi Gong can do things like this.  I think Mike Gillette has also learned how to explode bricks.  People who are good at this can pick which brick in a stack of 10 will explode when they hit the top one.  

#6 OFFLINE   Chez

Chez

COC #3, MM6, MM2 (Off -Hand), Red Nail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 5 Months and 9 Days

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Lots of dudes who train Iron Fist, or Yong Qi Gong can do things like this.  I think Mike Gillette has also learned how to explode bricks.  People who are good at this can pick which brick in a stack of 10 will explode when they hit the top one.  

that is easy for Van Damme

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=F1D6sQ1UR9o

• Mike Sharkey likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Mike Sharkey

Mike Sharkey

• GB Contributor Level 2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Best.  Movie.  Eveeeerrrrr.

#8 OFFLINE   Chez

Chez

COC #3, MM6, MM2 (Off -Hand), Red Nail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 5 Months and 9 Days

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Best.  Movie.  Eveeeerrrrr.

so good that he made very identical movies throughout his career: Lionheart, Kick boxer, the quest..........

#9 OFFLINE   Mike Sharkey

Mike Sharkey

• GB Contributor Level 2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Muscles from Brussels baby!!!!