windoughboywin

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 9 Months and 2 Days
  • Local time: 09:20 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

So I've been searching the web for some blob weights and people want way to much money. Has anyone purchased a new legacy and chopped it? If so how is it?

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Scibelli

Tom Scibelli

Red Nail, Hexabastard, MM0 (L), MM1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 4 Months and 27 Days

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

So I've been searching the web for some blob weights and people want way to much money. Has anyone purchased a new legacy and chopped it? If so how is it?

Legacy blobs were the first ones I bought, they helped me increase my hand strength when I started with block weights and blobs.  They have good texture to grip on.  They are thinner than 2nd gen and fatman blobs which make them a little easier, but still good to train with imo. 

#3 OFFLINE   Autolupus

Autolupus

IM Red Nail Bender and Bastard - MM Level 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 2 Months and 26 Days
  • Local time: 02:20 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I wouldn't have said they were thinner but they do have one side flatter, with the other being a lot more rounded.

This makes them easier to lift, conventional or with the thumb on the flatter side but a whole lot harder reversed.

I've lifted a few Blobs and my 45kg Legacy reversed is still one of my fave feats.

#4 ONLINE   jvance

jvance

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0 (both hands)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 30 Days
  • Local time: 08:20 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

good luck getting the actual bell shipped to you... i had purchased one about a year ago and three months later i told them to just give me my money back.. not the best customer oriented company

#5 OFFLINE   windoughboywin

windoughboywin

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 9 Months and 2 Days

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

good luck getting the actual bell shipped to you... i had purchased one about a year ago and three months later i told them to just give me my money back.. not the best customer oriented company

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was going to purchase it from ebay so I should have better luck with shipping or else it would be real bad for their rating

#6 OFFLINE   Mephistopholes

Mephistopholes

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 25 Days
  • Local time: 08:20 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Wow really? That sucks for a company that was built off of mail-order business...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users