truth1ness

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 3 Months and 13 Days
  • Local time: 05:57 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Seem like a lot of you have home gyms with lots of grip devices, etc. Do any of you do most of your workouts in a commercial gym? If you do I'm curious what implements you bring to the gym with you for your grip work. Or if you don't what would you recommend as the top two or three things to bring that can easily be thrown in a gym bag. Right now I just bring my fatgripz and a caribiner/tiedown strap combo for a makeshift loading pin. 

#2 OFFLINE   Stephen Ruby

Stephen Ruby

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 9 Months
  • Local time: 02:57 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Well I just got a hub so it has changed a bit

Thickbar day? Manus grips and rolling thunder

Pinch? Ironmind hub-just got this- and I just one hand pinch the plates at my gym.

crush you go do easily at the gym or your house also with grippers

xeXgEkV.jpg

includes a pin obviously and I keep this all in a tiny gym bag i got for like 15$ or so. -bag just has a belt, some wraps and chalk-

#3 OFFLINE   Old Dax

Old Dax

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 5 Days
  • Local time: 03:57 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

My gym is great! The have a fat bar and a lighter version made of scaffolding tube we brought in, the have a little big horn copy, I think Jack mMcIntosh won it in a Comp (he's a UK WSM competitor) or it may have been Graham Hicks (they both train at the gym.

The owner, Les Willis, is very into all strength and bodybuilding training, He has let me keep several items (chains, fractional plates etc) in the gym. There are also a couple of loading pins, Fatgripz (we have also used one to make a poor man's RT using a cable handle). The strongmen also have their toys, stones, yoke, farmers etc.

their web site seem to be down but here's the adress: http://www.musclefac...ancaster.co.uk/

#4 OFFLINE   windoughboywin

windoughboywin

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 3 Months and 5 Days
  • Local time: 05:57 PM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Seem like a lot of you have home gyms with lots of grip devices, etc. Do any of you do most of your workouts in a commercial gym? If you do I'm curious what implements you bring to the gym with you for your grip work. Or if you don't what would you recommend as the top two or three things to bring that can easily be thrown in a gym bag. Right now I just bring my fatgripz and a caribiner/tiedown strap combo for a makeshift loading pin. 

I have a duffle bag with my hub,pinch block,rolling thunder, and fat gripz extreme. It also has a tupperware of chalk. I just find a corner to hide in lol