MM0, Red Nail

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 3 Months and 9 Days
  • Local time: 11:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

http://asp.elitefts....qid=192488&tid=

I read this on EliteFTS this morning so I figured I'd bring it over here.  Pretty friggin' amazing!  Looks like Amy could be poised to be the 1st woman to cert the CoC #2.5.

• Hubgeezer, bdckr, Shoggoth and 2 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 17 Days
  • Local time: 09:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

I am not surprised one bit. Not one bit. Great job Amy!!! :mosher (Real Mature Emoticon)

#3 OFFLINE   bencrush

bencrush

1st Fantastic Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 14 Days
  • Local time: 10:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Fantastic!

#4 OFFLINE   Josh O'Dell

Josh O'Dell

MM2/MM1(Offhand) Red/Multibastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 4 Months and 15 Days

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I knew we would hear that news soon, great job.

#5 OFFLINE   1stCoC

1stCoC

Sponsor, Grip Master & Legend - 621

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 7 Months and 22 Days
  • Local time: 05:11 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Exciting! I would love see this great feat done! Good things are happening...you just have to focus and want it. Best of luck!
  • Amy likes this

#6 OFFLINE   David Mitti

David Mitti

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 8 Months and 23 Days

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Awesome job Amy!

#7 ONLINE   Chez

Chez

COC #3, MM6, MM2 (Off -Hand), Red Nail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 4 Months and 7 Days

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Awesome. How cool would it be if she also becomes the first woman to certify on the #3. That is crazy to think about. 

#8 OFFLINE   Amy

Amy

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 6 Days
  • Local time: 08:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Awesome. How cool would it be if she also becomes the first woman to certify on the #3. That is crazy to think about. 

I know, right? My thoughts exactly.

I was talking with the Mr. today and I said I was done after the 2.5 for a while. I got a bit of a lecture and some motivation to just keep going. Jedd keeps pushing me to do it too. Soooo....adding in gripper work to my regular training is easy to do. The thought of buying a 3.5 as a training tool to help me move forward is a bit crazy to think about. I thought buying the 3 was ridiculous. Truthfully what is more motivating for me right now is to seal the deal and get the RT world record. That was the original motivator for doing grip and ironically my weakest lift.

Sooo....at this point the plan is to keep going.

He says: January 2014

She says: Summer 2014

Hubgeezer - I would expect nothing different for an emoticon!

• acorn, Shoggoth and Stephen Ruby like this

#9 OFFLINE   Amy

Amy

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 6 Days
  • Local time: 08:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Exciting! I would love see this great feat done! Good things are happening...you just have to focus and want it. Best of luck!

Yes! Very exciting. And I LOVE Adriane's support, encouragement and motivation to keep pushing. And Danielle. Wow. I don't even know her lifts but I have a feeling she's right there with me.

Good things ARE happening and it's long overdue that the women are represented. I often wonder if my grip is really that good or if we just haven't seen the strong ladies crossing over, training grip beyond just strongman and giving it a shot. I think we all might be surprised.

Edited by Amy, 17 July 2013 - 07:22 PM.

• wojo and acorn like this

#10 OFFLINE   Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe

Master Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 3 Months and 25 Days
  • Local time: 10:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yes! Very exciting. And I LOVE Adriane's support, encouragement and motivation to keep pushing. And Danielle. Wow. I don't even know her lifts but I have a feeling she's right there with me.

Good things ARE happening and it's long overdue that the women are represented. I often wonder if my grip is really that good or if we just haven't seen the strong ladies crossing over, training grip beyond just strongman and giving it a shot. I think we all might be surprised.

CONGRATS Amy!!! :rock

I met Danielle at Sorinex Summer Strong and spent several hours with her on setting grippers. As time went on

she asked if I'd be willing to help her with her grip training and I gladly accepted! I have used your recent close

and your future goals as a tool to motivate Danielle to stay focused and know that Amy is at your heels wanting

to achieve the same thing! So it's kind of a race to which woman will close the 2.5 first and then the monumental

achievement of a woman closing a #3 gripper! I say either of you are capable! The question is who wants it first 

bad enough?!?

What do you think? :)

Stay with it and keep us posted on your progress!!!