Photo

Has Anyone Read This Book By Steve Justa?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   alexjones234

alexjones234

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 27 Days
  • Local time: 03:20 AM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

if it wasnt so expensive i would have bought it. but id just like to know if anyone has read this book

http://www.amazon.co...rds=steve justa

i only wanted to read it for the information he has on isometrics.. is the book a good read?

thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   Mephistopholes

Mephistopholes

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 5 Days
  • Local time: 10:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Ehhhh.
I have it... It's really not worth it. Sorta interesting, but I really wouldn't recommend it.

It's not very well written, for one thing. But also, there really isn't any info in it you can't get anywhere else. And it's all kinda just thrown together. He seems like a nice guy, but I can't recommend this book.

#3 ONLINE   John McCarter

John McCarter

Certified Captain of Crush & Mash Monster Level 2 & Off-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 2 Months and 7 Days
  • Local time: 09:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

if it wasnt so expensive i would have bought it. but id just like to know if anyone has read this book

http://www.amazon.co...rds=steve justa

i only wanted to read it for the information he has on isometrics.. is the book a good read?

thanks.

The book is interesting, but there is some lack of information on his part that makes you guess at what he is meaning. The book is short and to the point of some things. If you're looking for information on how he trains isometrics, he actually has a website that's run by other people that offers some training dvds of his and there's 2 videos that feature his methods on nothing but isometrics. The videos are about 2 hours long and about $40 (don't know what the price will be if a person is from a different part of the world).

#4 OFFLINE   GatorGrip

GatorGrip

GripBoard Mash Monster - Level 0 & Magnificient Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 7 Months and 4 Days
  • Local time: 11:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I read this book many years ago and I found it fairly motivating for his work ethic in getting stronger through hard work but nothing was mind blowing in his method, he just pushed hard and became a strong man due to that...

#5 OFFLINE   Electron

Electron

Elite 59k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 30 Days

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

PM sent.

#6 OFFLINE   Mephistopholes

Mephistopholes

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 5 Days

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

I read this book many years ago and I found it fairly motivating for his work ethic in getting stronger through hard work but nothing was mind blowing in his method, he just pushed hard and became a strong man due to that...

Yeah that's about what I got from it.

#7 OFFLINE   hellswindstaff

hellswindstaff

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 27 Days
  • Local time: 11:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's a good book, especially if you want to do odd object lifting or some old timey lifts, but a lot of it is going to be impractical for a lot of people IMO.

#8 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 6 Months and 21 Days
  • Local time: 09:20 PM

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

I bought it years ago for about half the price it's selling for now. I found it interesting, but it didn't make me want to go out and find chuncks of concrete to drag home and lift. I always find it interesting to read about backyard strongmen and how they live and how they train. But $30.00 for this book - no way. You can watch his stuff on youtube for free.