Red Bender, MM5, and Certified KOAB

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 2 Months and 13 Days
  • Local time: 01:56 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thx guys.

Chez, yep that 194# one is a #4 and the 199# one is the infamous Eaton #4. I've closed the 194# one in a contest before but I think the last time was in 2009. I think the biggest I've closed since then in a comp was maybe 180 due to various injuries. This #4 close is a result of the gripper program that I have been working on for a gripper training ebook. So I'm really happy with the results.

-Aaron
  • Chez, daniel reinard, RichAZ and 1 other like this

#22 OFFLINE   Stephen Ruby

Stephen Ruby

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 6 Months and 2 Days

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Thx guys.

Chez, yep that 194# one is a #4 and the 199# one is the infamous Eaton #4. I've closed the 194# one in a contest before but I think the last time was in 2009. I think the biggest I've closed since then in a comp was maybe 180 due to various injuries. This #4 close is a result of the gripper program that I have been working on for a gripper training ebook. So I'm really happy with the results.

-Aaron

Any idea of when the ebook will be finished?  I'd love to try it out based on your results. 

• RichAZ likes this

#23 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 9 Months and 2 Days

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Its really amazing that you were able to hit the numbers guy did considering the weather conditions.  Noone sounded like they were at their peak either so the big group environment must have really got the CNS firing on some of those events to hit the numbers you guys got.     

Really cool I'd love to see the big 2hp/vbar and gripper closes especially the 199 miss and 194 close.  I think aaron should make a run at the mm 7 again. 

Sounds like the event was really a major success.  Its about a 7.5 hour drive for me I will try to drive down the day before and get a hotel for the weekend to make it next year.  I am still new to grip having only begun training this year but it this seems like a really cool contest to go too.

Seriously consider stopping out for it.  It's an all day event, and it's worth it!  Where are you driving from?  

#24 OFFLINE   Stephen Ruby

Stephen Ruby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Its really amazing that you were able to hit the numbers guy did considering the weather conditions.  Noone sounded like they were at their peak either so the big group environment must have really got the CNS firing on some of those events to hit the numbers you guys got.     

Really cool I'd love to see the big 2hp/vbar and gripper closes especially the 199 miss and 194 close.  I think aaron should make a run at the mm 7 again. 

Sounds like the event was really a major success.  Its about a 7.5 hour drive for me I will try to drive down the day before and get a hotel for the weekend to make it next year.  I am still new to grip having only begun training this year but it this seems like a really cool contest to go too.

Seriously consider stopping out for it.  It's an all day event, and it's worth it!  Where are you driving from?  

Central valley CA, drive shouldn't be that bad.  Yeah sounds like it was really cool I'd probably bring my sister to compete also if its going to be on a Saturday again.  It probably wouldn't work well if its a sunday or weekday but saturday is perfect. 

#25 OFFLINE   acorn

acorn

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thx guys.

-Aaron

Any idea of when the ebook will be finished?  I'd love to try it out based on your results. 

Still have some writing to do so not sure. I'll see if I can get it wrapped up.

Central valley CA, drive shouldn't be that bad.  Yeah sounds like it was really cool I'd probably bring my sister to compete also if its going to be on a Saturday again.  It probably wouldn't work well if its a sunday or weekday but saturday is perfect. 

It would be great if you guys could make it out and we always do these on a Saturday.

- Aaron

#26 OFFLINE   acorn

acorn

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Stephen, looks like it might take me a little longer than expected. My ebook rough draft was on my work computer so I have to start over.

- Aaron

#27 OFFLINE   Stephen Ruby

Stephen Ruby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Man that sucks to hear since you put in that work for everyone and lost it.  No worries though take your time though, and yeah I am 100% planning on coming next year with my sister.   

• acorn, RichAZ and bwwm like this

#28 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 9 Months and 2 Days

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Aaron got our scores posted in the nags website.  Thanks Aaron!

http://www.gripsport.org

• acorn and daniel reinard like this

#29 OFFLINE   bencrush

bencrush

1st Fantastic Bastard

• Membersk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,219 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 17 Days
  • Local time: 03:56 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Big belated congrats to all the competitors! Sounds like a great contest. My in-laws are in Mesa until around November...might have to visit a few of you AZ guys.
  • acorn, RichAZ and bwwm like this

#30 OFFLINE   rico300zx

rico300zx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 7 Months and 5 Days
  • Local time: 04:56 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Aaron, when I go to the grip sport site and hit 2hp weight classes, I come up as lifting 203, but the other page has me at 223.77 which is correct.

#31 OFFLINE   EricMilfeld

EricMilfeld

Elite 74k, 83k - Grand Hexabastard & MM1

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,318 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 8 Months and 24 Days
  • Local time: 03:56 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Aaron, when I go to the grip sport site and hit 2hp weight classes, I come up as lifting 203, but the other page has me at 223.77 which is correct.

I think I know the answer, but Aaron can correct me if I'm wrong.  Your lift of 203 was performed at a contest where you officially weighed in for the 120k weight class.  Your heavier lift was apparently performed at a contest where there was no official weigh-in, hence being placed in the Open division.  I've had the same scenario play out with me.  I weighed around 200 when I pulled something like 227 or 228, but because I didn't weigh-in officially I was placed in the Open division on the top 50 list only.  Sorry in advance, Parris, if this doesn't describe your particular situation.

#32 OFFLINE   Shoggoth

Shoggoth

Mash Monster 0, FBBC Huge, Shiny & Golden Bastard

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 11 Months and 16 Days
  • Local time: 02:56 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

That sounds right Eric. I don't remember us weighing in at CGC.

#33 OFFLINE   rico300zx

rico300zx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 7 Months and 5 Days
  • Local time: 04:56 AM

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Oh, ok

#34 OFFLINE   acorn

acorn

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yep Eric is correct. The top 50 list per event will show best result whether Open class or a Weight class. The Weight class list per event is just that. For performances that were in a weight class only.

- Aaron