Certified Gripboard Mash Monster - Level 1

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 9 Days
  • Local time: 09:07 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Gary,

If they are original fatman blobs they should not only be missing the USA stamp, but should also weigh more then 50 pounds each.  Mine weigh around 52 or so each.

They should also slope out more.

I wouldnt ask less then $400 a blob for them.  They are like finding a unicorn now-a-days.  Funny, at the first prison I worked at 9 years ago we had about 20 sets of original 100 pound york DBs.  When they would break, they would go in the dumpster...

Hey Rick,

I'm not a blob guy but had figured at least 300 per blob but had hopes the set uncut might be worth close to 2000. Not following the blob posts for a few years I wasn't sure. It seems there is no added value of having a nearly non-existant set of dumbbells. I just got them and still saying no to cutting them up but could change my mind later. Perhaps I will take them to AOBS this year.

I wouldnt think they would be worth much more uncut only because it is the grip guys who are going to drop the money on them anyway, and they only want them for grip.  There might be a collector out there that would want them whole, but I doubt it.

My only concern is how new they look.  Every old york I have seen is beat to hell.  My fatman blobs came as a whole DB that was used as a door stop for a gym, so it was really old and textured.  All the old DBs at the prison were well used, so of course they looked like they have rolled around in a river for 100 years and were slippery as all get out.  Those DBs you have look new?  Were they just never used?  If that is the case, they might go for more.

I still stand by a minimum of $400 a piece for an original fatman blob.  There are a lot of grip guys looking for them and cant find them.   I got lucky, and by the looks of it, you did to.  I have had several offers for mine in excess of $400 a piece but I am not interested in selling mine as I want my sons to have a crack at them.  Right now they sit on the garage floor untouched.

#22 OFFLINE   Gary Brown

Gary Brown

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 17 Days
  • Local time: 08:07 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

I did paint them. They had been repainted a rust color.

#23 OFFLINE   Gary Brown

Gary Brown

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 17 Days
  • Local time: 08:07 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

If I decided to sell it would be in person on something like this.

#24 OFFLINE   MadMardegan

MadMardegan

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 3 Months and 12 Days
  • Local time: 01:07 AM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Any have any experience with the loadable blob? Thoughts?

#25 OFFLINE   rico300zx

rico300zx

GripBoard MashMonster Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 4 Months and 5 Days

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I paid like 210 for mine I think, sees my gallery I for pics . 400 is way steep sounds like ebay prices.

Also Jason Steves just bought a loadable blob from David Horne of I remember correctly.

#26 OFFLINE   Shoggoth

Shoggoth

Mash Monster 0, FBBC Huge, Shiny & Golden Bastard

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 8 Months and 16 Days
  • Local time: 07:07 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Not Horne. A different David and it was a rare PDA model.

#27 ONLINE   Rick Walker

Rick Walker

Certified Gripboard Mash Monster - Level 1

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 3 Months and 9 Days

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

I paid like 210 for mine I think, sees my gallery I for pics . 400 is way steep sounds like ebay prices.

Also Jason Steves just bought a loadable blob from David Horne of I remember correctly.

Supply and demand.  $46 is way steep for a 20 round box of .45 shells right now too, but you can't find them, so people are gladly paying that price.

How many Fatman blobs exist?  Of those that are out there, how many are willing to sell them?  If you have a Babe Ruth baseball card, are you going to low ball it?  Or take advantage of the fact that you know someone out there NEEDS to have it?

$400 is a good price.  Either someone will buy it now, or you will have 4 fatman blobs until they become even harder to find and you can get $600 a piece.

I remember silver crush COCs going for hundreds of dollars years ago.  When you want something bad enough, you usually dont have to worry about how much it costs...

#28 OFFLINE   Gary Gray

Gary Gray

GripBoard Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 9 Months and 3 Days

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Loadable Blob.     Check out the Loadable Blob at strongergrip.com  $129.99 

Listed at 5.10" wide x 6.5"  lead or steel shot, plus loading pin for Standard or Olympic plates.

I purchased it at Christmas (really do like it, and it is very wide - my first blob) and have increased my right hand lift, 1 rep. from 15 lb. to 25 lb.  (Left hand 5 lb. less - I know not great, but I am working on it) .

Strongergrip states it is the same size as the York 50 lb. Blob,  but does not state which type of York Blob it is being compared to.

I have wondered where the size of the Strongergrip Loadable Blob fits into the lineup of the various size York 50 lb. Blobs. 

Jedd Johnson recently sent an E-Mail stating that he is working on another Video that would answer this question.    

Jedd, thanks again in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users