Rolling Thunder German Record 125 Kg: Stefan Falke

Kashtan

Do you think his little finger was on the side too far. Maybe on the non rolling part.

• Like 1

Do you think his little finger was on the side too far. Maybe on the non rolling part.

Could be Rich. Even zooming in it's hard to get a good look.

Regardless...according to the Ironmind rules for Rolling Thunder...it would be an obvious non-lift.

4. The lifter grabs the Rolling Thunder handle in its center, with no part of the hand touching the non-revolving part of the handle, and lifts with the handle remaining approxi­mately parallel to the ground. Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift.

Beginning of the lift.

rt1k.jpg

At the apex.

rt2wo.jpg

Some humor lift or what this means? No IM´s rules are followed............. :sick:

• Like 1

I have noticed tons of guys don't follow the rules in Rolling Thunder lift competitions around the world and the judge still gives them the lift. These judges need to understand the rules better.

I have turned cynical and started to think it is intentional instead of just not knowing better. :whacked

I have noticed tons of guys don't follow the rules in Rolling Thunder lift competitions around the world and the judge still gives them the lift. These judges need to understand the rules better.

totally agree here.

• Like 1

I am really getting tired of videos of Rolling Thunder lifts where there is excessive tilt and often contacting the handle on the non-revolving part.

It is of course fully understood that both tilting and contacting the non-revolving part will increase your lift on the device by all of these people.

Do the lifts in the spirit they were meant to be done!!

• Like 4

This is quite typical, since 'Choice of Champions' to me is considered a brand in Germany that takes griptraining very serious. I mean you see guys there like Gabriel Sum and so on. So I am also amazed that this is considered a good lift, when closely following the rules, it's totally not. the guy on the vid can be a good gripster, not saying that, but this is to me like doing a CCS when bracing the wrist with the other hand.

Edited by Geralt

The same sloppy judging applies to the DO Axle. Unlike the RT, where poor judging is mainly in limited to Europe, the axle lifts are done much more strictly in Europe than in the USA. The 270lb WR lift for females, for example, is higly questionable. Would have been three red lights in any PL competition.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

The same sloppy judging applies to the DO Axle. Unlike the RT, where poor judging is mainly in limited to Europe, the axle lifts are done much more strictly in Europe than in the USA. The 270lb WR lift for females, for example, is higly questionable. Would have been three red lights in any PL competition.

You can cheat the grip at the axle as much as at the RT. Big difference here.