bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 9 Months and 7 Days
  • Local time: 06:08 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Just found out that Pavel will be leaving DragonDoor and the RKC. At first I thought it was a hoax email. But it looks like it is ligit.

#2 OFFLINE   Idiedintothe

Idiedintothe

Red Nail Roster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Why the vacation?

#3 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

That's what I'm wondering. I could speculate, but so far I haven't seen anything definitive other than the email from dragondoor. This will be interesting, because it seemed like the whole RKC system was driven by him, and if he just walks away from it, they will have to find another 'chief instructor' to call the shots.

#4 OFFLINE   Electron

Electron

Elite 59k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 29 Days
  • Local time: 08:08 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hopefully another cheesy Russian man with hair on his chest and an overuse of the word "comrade"! :grin:
  • 33wes likes this

#5 OFFLINE   hellswindstaff

hellswindstaff

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 26 Days
  • Local time: 09:08 AM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Agreed...I think that dragondoor may have peaked.

#6 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

They are finally opening up on dd forum. A poster said this was posted somewhere on the site:

Ladies and gentlemen of RKC,

Due to the differences in vision between the RKC co-founders RKC will cease to exist in its current form on July 1, 2013, the day after the last scheduled RKC event.

Power by Pavel, Inc. will continue licensing its RKC manuals and its 50% stake in the RKC name and logo to Dragon Door until that date and only for the events already announced, in order to honor the commitment to the people who signed up for these workshops. Then PBP will terminate the license.

RKC was set up as a joint venture between Dragon Door and Tactical Strength, my other company, with DD providing marketing and administration and TS providing leadership and hands on instruction.

Tactical Strength, Inc., is removing itself from the RKC operation on October 29, the day after the last RKC event I had committed to teach at.

I intend to pursue my vision of RKC elsewhere, under a different name, details to be announced in a few weeks. I am sure John will do the same and I wish him best.

Power to you!

Pavel Tsatsouline

Chief RKC Instructor

#7 OFFLINE   KRC

KRC

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 2 Months and 24 Days

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

lol so what comes of the hundreds (if not thousands) of people that payed the hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to be certified RKC's? If I'm understanding this correctly he's talking about abolishing RKC's existence altogether, not simply dissociating himself from it. If so, all his followers are just up the creek?

#8 OFFLINE   bwwm

bwwm

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well, there's supposed to be some additional announcements in coming weeks. But yeah, I'd say people are pretty much up the creek. Kind of like separating the peanut butter from the chocolate of a Reese's PB cup. What have you got left? some peanut butter and chunks of chocolate.

At one point I was thinking of getting an RKC, but as you mentioned, it's so dang expensive and I'm not a personal trainer. So it never made sense for me, other than maybe it would be a 'challenge' to get through it. I did an HKC (much less expensive). I'm interested to see what Kenneth Jay puts out as he develops his program.

#9 OFFLINE   Scott Styles

Scott Styles

GripBoard Top Member

• Membersk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 15 Days

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

That's the problem with a pyramid scheme. It eventually out grows the supply of marks and falls apart.

Pavel will do well no his own, no doubt.

#10 OFFLINE   33wes

33wes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 1 Month and 14 Days

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Good point, Scott. I agree, in that he'll find plenty of followers elsewhere to suit his purpose.