Atomgripz Review

mightyjoe

Here's my review of my recent order from Wade at GSS.

Before posting the pics with descriptions I must say it was a real

pleasure dealing with Wade. No hassle and FAST shipping! Wade sent my order

on a Saturday and it was in my mailbox Monday afternoon. AMAZING!!!

Here's what I seen upon opening the box: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9845

Here's the contents of the box spread out on the floor; http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9846

All 6 AtomGripz lined up, single band - six band, left to right: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9847

Comparison of the agressive knurling on the AtomGripz (pictured right) handles with COC: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9848

Knurling compared to Robert Baraban grippers, AtomGripz pictured right: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9849

Here's a pic of a comparison between the AtomGripz 6 band pictured right, and a Captains of Crush #4:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9850

Lastly is a picture of a RB 210N (pictured left) with a left hand wound spring compared to a right hand wound spring:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9851

After doing some measuring and comparing of the AtomGripz I came to these conclusions:/

1) The BEST looking handle on the market along with the most aggresive knurling to boot.

2) Spring diameters are as follows: single band = .231", 2 band = .250", 3 band = .275", 4 band = .312",

5 band = .350", and the 6 band an ASTONISHING .374".

3) The mounting depths varied a lot, ranging from below parallel to .250".

4) Handle spreads varied from 2-3/8" on the single band gripper to an ultra-wide 3-1/4" on the 6 band gripper.

5) The biggest difference I found was the huge jumps in strength from gripper to gripper. For example, from a single band to the 2 band is about like the difference between a COC Trainer and a hard #1. The jump from the 2 band to the 3 band is between a hard #1 and a #3. The jump in strength from the 3 band to the 4 band is comparable to a #3 and a hard #4. The 5 and 6 band are CRAZY STRONG! I don't personally believe either one will ever be closed with human hands.

6) The beauty of these grippers from an asthetic point of view is tops. Construction is very solid to go along with their beauty!

7) Price is competitive being they come from across the ocean and are of first class construction

and materials.

If I could suggest improvements on the AtomGripz it would include smaller jumps in strength between grippers.

More consistent spring to handle depths along with more consistent handle spreads. For clarification, I mean none of

these suggestions as negative comments. The only way a product can be improved upon is from customer feedback and

suggestions. It is in this light that my suggestions are listed.

Overall, the AtomGripz are a really great addition to any Gripsters collection or arsenal of grip tools. They stand out in their beauty and are just awesome to own.

Also in my order was a Robert Baraban 210N with a left hand wound spring. If you're into grippers and don't have one of these collectable little beauties, then you're missing out. One of the neatest grippers out there to own. I just LOVE mine! Just

get one is all I can say. My only complaint is I wish they would offer more strengths in left hand springs because I

would certainly purchase them.

The other gripper was a standard spread RB100 chrome that I needed to finish of my RB collection for standard

handle spreads.

In closing, I hope this review has been helpful to all who read it. I don't believe you can go wrong dealing with Wade at Gripper Super Store. Just an overall AWESOME experience!

A BIG THANK YOU to Wade @ GSS!!! :mosher

Edited by Mighty Joe
  • Like 2

awesome job and great pics, Joe.

How do you compare BeefBuilder's knurling to Atoms?

I thought BB's knurling was quite aggressive...is Atom's more sharp/aggressive?

Nicely done Joe!

Thank you very much Bill!

Means a lot coming from you sir.

Edited by Mighty Joe
  • Like 1

I apologize for not comapring the knurling of a Beef Builder to the AtomGripz but

the AtomGripz is more agressive than even the BB's. Not by much but it's

noticable. One thing I failed to mention is I took a emory board that one

uses to file their fingernails with and I slightly went over one of the handles

and it knocked the edge off just enough to take the bite away with no noticable

difference in the appearance of the handle. But better than that would be this:

http://www.grippersuperstore.com/store.aspx?cat_id=18&prod_id=2006

Again, a product offered by Wade @ GSS.

Wade has made his website a ONE STOP shopping outlet for Grip! Like I

said, just a great shopping experience with Gripper Super Store!!!

• Like 1

Very insightfull review...thanks for taking the time to write it up!!

Thanks for the review Joe. Here is what I would say about the knurling comparison between BB and Atomgripz. The BB knurling and handle construction in general, is very crude in comparison. I think they are using the same knurling pattern but the Atomgripz knurl and handle is precisely done so it has a 100% consistent knurl top to bottom. BB has a great knurl but it's not as consistent - sometimes varrying in depth from top to bottom. I will also mention that Baraban has a couple different knurls. The latest knurl he has been using is super sharp - the most aggressive knurl we sell. I don't think that was on either of the RB's that Joe bought this time.

• Like 1

Great write-up, and I agree with everything about the great service from GSS. One general suggestion, not meant for anyone in particular: I'd like to see more RGC data posted for the AtomGripz line.

Nice write up Joe.

I completely agree with the inconsistency of mounting depth. I had the 1-3 band with 24k gold handles and the mounting depths were all over the place. Other than that, which was just a personal preference thing, they are top notch grippers.

I apologize for not comapring the knurling of a Beef Builder to the AtomGripz but

the AtomGripz is more agressive than even the BB's. Not by much but it's

noticable. One thing I failed to mention is I took a emory board that one

uses to file their fingernails with and I slightly went over one of the handles

and it knocked the edge off just enough to take the bite away with no noticable

difference in the appearance of the handle. But better than that would be this:

http://www.grippersu...18&prod_id=2006

Again, a product offered by Wade @ GSS.

Wade has made his website a ONE STOP shopping outlet for Grip! Like I

said, just a great shopping experience with Gripper Super Store!!!

Nice write up and some cool looking grippers :mosher

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an Atomgripz triple band gripper from Wade on Friday and it arrived today (Monday). I think that is outstanding service. Thanks Wade. Also, I wanted to add that I mainly ordered this gripper due to the positive reviews it's received lately. I can definitely say that it lived up to the hype. Beautiful gripper! Closing it will be another story!

I ordered an Atomgripz triple band gripper from Wade on Friday and it arrived today (Monday). I think that is outstanding service. Thanks Wade. Also, I wanted to add that I mainly ordered this gripper due to the positive reviews it's received lately. I can definitely say that it lived up to the hype. Beautiful gripper! Closing it will be another story!

What's your best gripper close now? What gripper would you compare your triple band to strength wise?

What's your best gripper close now? What gripper would you compare your triple band to strength wise?

My best so far is an IM #2.5 with a set- RH only. Lefty I can close a #2 with a set. I am doing my grippers tonight but I still gave the triple band a couple of squeezes when I got it out of the box. It appears to me that this is between my #2.5 and #3. I will give it another go with chalk and proper warmups tonight. I am certain I cannot close it yet. I am slow with the gripper progression. Let me know if you have any questions about it.