Geralt

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 1 Month and 9 Days
  • Local time: 01:55 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well, that is also one of the keypoints you are mentioning now I am still looking for. Very intense sessions with long recovery periods VS less intense sessions with shorter recovery periods. In general I can say that the more volume I use (when doing less intense work), breaks down my strength very fast. Sure I could do more gripperwork in a certain period, but I would be working with grippers around 2, maybe 2.5 at best. Level #3 grippers are so much harder that I can't seem to find benefit from doing lots of work with 'lower' grippers if you understand what I mean. 

I can't imagine how more volume would benefit me. KTA is the extreme version of that but I think that does not benefit CCS/TNS strength at all for the higher grippers. I once read that David Horne advocates three sessions per week for grippers. I have no clue what that setup should be. In terms of volume and resistance per session. I know Adam Glass also worked by doing lots of volume some periods almost every day but let's be honest, you and I have also lives (no offence meant) outside training with work, kids, household and a house outside to maintain. 

So at this moment, my best shot is giving it all I have per session with grippers. I am however not going balls out with regular strengthtraining and other gripwork as thickbar. My lower arms just were shot because I have done very little thickbar work lately.

But even without going balls out, when I do good thickbarwork, I just know that I need at least 6 - 8 days of no direct gripwork for optimal gripperwork after that. I did my grippersession today but as you can see I could barely do one #3 straphold and that cost me very much strength. Better would be that I would have done a grippersession somewhere next week, wednesday or so. I just wanted to test some movements and stuff. I give myself a month for that to get that mental 'down' feeling from my failed cert out of the way. 

Edited by Geralt, 13 September 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#862 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I was meaning to put in today's training before I saw Ivan do a 463kg fingerlift with eagleloops lol I now feel puny. that said. 

Energylevel was low after a nice day of keyboardwarriorship, cooking dinner, putting kids to bed etc. But the trapbar called. And I answered.  :chris:

Getting into the normal training routine, carefully building it up again trying not to jerk to hard when lifting, seeing my last 205kg lifts which messed up my lower back. 

55kg x 10;

95kg x 10;

135kg x 6;

140kg x 5;

155kg x 2 x 5;

135kg x 8

Dumbbell bent over rows 35kg 4 x 10;

Kettlebell swings 2 x 20 with 24kg.

I went pretty quick through this workout so I was sweating like a pig and was pretty exhausted.

Wanted to do some abs but saving it for tomorrow. Don't want to rush through the ab work.   

#863 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Squats, volume up till 80 kg, lots of sets. 

Legs feel funny. 

Close grip benchpressing with EZ bar. Sounds weird but this way my shoulder doesn't feel bothered. So that ok for triceps. 

Was sweating like a pig, the temperature suddenly raised this day. 

Tried dips but my that bothers my right shoulder to much. Very annoying. I am trying to test the ROM where it starts to feel uncomfortable in the dip and then start rising up. Maybe I can train the ROM this way. Just testing stuff. 

In general I am doing just lighter weight but more reps. 

Got a BBE @162lbs and a pair of Manus Grips (56mm) in the mail today from CPW! Nice. 

Edited by Geralt, 17 September 2014 - 12:44 PM.

• PeterSweden likes this

#864 OFFLINE   PeterSweden

PeterSweden

Certified Bastard and MashMonster Level 0

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 20 Days
  • Local time: 04:55 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Try bench dips?
Feet on one bench and hands on the other, behind the back.
Weight in the lap.
Feels good on the shoulders

#865 OFFLINE   Geralt

Geralt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Try bench dips?
Feet on one bench and hands on the other, behind the back.
Weight in the lap.
Feels good on the shoulders

Haven't tried those, maybe I will! Damn weak shoulders of mine.