Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Very good work, Geralt! Wanted to congratulate you first on the MM1. Then on smashing through the 170lb barrier. Well on your way to the 180lb barrier.

Thanks Ben! Hope so, but i need some proper MMS closes first with my Elite and Ghp8...most difficult thing stays my grip mojo. It's there or it isn't, if you catch my drift. Difficult to keep that increasing strengthflow.

Grip this afternoon, I felt strong.

Focus on Deep sets because I want to break through the 170lbs range. My plateau.

1 x 1 BBE @169lbs, closed and hold felt 'easy!'

took it up a notch:

3 x 1 Ghp8 @176lbs, all keeping closed. Nice!

1 x 1 BBE @169lbs again, closed but sharpness was lost a bit.

2 x 1 IM#3 (not rated, guess around 150 - 152 lbs compared to my other grippers) 1.5" Ghp blockset reps, almost got 2 reps.

Don't know where this was coming from but it was a nice first session with heavier grippers for me.

Dumbbell lifts with Fatgripz Extreme, homemade half a penny lifts, wristwork and ending with simple concentrationcurls for biceps. haven't done them in a long time since my right arm is injury sensitive with that stuff. With Bob and Roy I noticed that I got 'weaker' in that area so this is a point of attention for me. Making it stronger will also probably work for injury prevention.

Great stuff Geralt! I think it's the good vibe left by the grip get together. :flowers:

• Like 1

Thnx guys. Now to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Squats, felt tough since I did a lot of pulling while working in my garden yesterday. Legs a bit tired.

Starting with a volume cycle with lower weight.

Working: 4 x 10 @ 85kg;

3 x 10 @ 60kg speedsquats, no lower than parallel. Killer! Keeps constant tension on the quads.

Shoulderpresses with dumbbells;

Few sets of pushups.

Very basic, but simple pushups can be killing.

You are killing it lately dude. MM1 and that GHP 8 close. Keep the momentum up!

• Like 1

Yesterday evening:

Squats: working sets up to 100kg;

Shoulders: Seated dumbbellpresses;

Front raises with empty barbell;

Push-ups @ BW

Cardio: 25 minutes crosstrainer.

If everything goes as planned, I'm gonna pick up a 25kg Blob this Friday.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Good session today and picked up my Blob today. It's a beast.

Blob

Grippers after warming up:
BBE (169) 2 x 1 mms close;
Ghp8 (176) 2 x 1 deep sets held closed;
BBE (162) 2 x 1, first mms, second a bit deeper;
IM#3 (filed) 1 x 1 from MMS with overcrush, but couldn't get it completely closed;
IM#3 (149) 1 x 2 (almost 3!) 1.5" Blockset
Happy with this. Not much for volume but the intensity is enough.
Attempts in lifting the Blob, couldn't get air under it, but it's a matter of time. Did drags over a wooden floor and negatives, lifting it with two hands and setting it down with one hand. Need to get the feel for this. Very cool implement to work with.
I had some copyright claims, probably should stop playing music in the background but I hate that. I have removed the songs so it should be visible for everyone who wants to see the vid.
  • Like 3

Great stuff and nice weight on the blob.

• Like 1

Felt a bit tired throughout the whole day. Probably the busy weekend with gardenwork and stuff. Brought kids to bed and went into the garage tonight. just couldn't get into it. Squats felt heavy as lead from warmup and a bit further, so I quit.

Tried amping myself up but it didn't work. Wednesday new session perhaps. Took the dog out for a walk, now some work behind the computer for my work and early bed.

Yesterdayevening. Still tired this week, probably because a lot going on.

Bottom up squats: worked up to triples with 100kg, took it down to 60kg and tried to lift as explosive as possible. Very hard!

Shoulderpresses with dumbbells, 4 x 10;

Front raises with barbell till failure;

Band stretches;

Pushups with weightvest.

Also working on improving my 2hp setup. It sucked because of bad/quick design. So someone's welding a good bar for me now and I bought spinlockcollars.

Now to get some good spacers to use. Maybe wood, maybe rubber. I'll see what I can find. The inserts I saw for contest are very cool but they're just to expensive for me now with shipping etc.

Edited by Geralt

Grippers this afternoon after warming up:

BBE @ 169 1 x 1 MMS close;

IM#3.5 (I guess it at 178 - 180, compared to my rated Ghp8) 3 x 1 deepset close and hold;

BBE @ 169 1 x 1 wide close, missed it by a hair, forced closed and hold;

BBE @ 162 1 x 1 paused set, missed by a hair, forced closed and hold;

Ghp7 @ 155 1 x 3 MMS reps;

Done with grippers, lefty PR, IM#3 (142lbs) close MMS.

Warmed up with David Horne's thumbscrews, high spring setting, because I want the resistance to begin very early, same as the wide Blob pinch.

55 Lbs Blob work, it stays at the ground for now, but did drags and negatives. I have good hope it will come up soon, if only for a little bit.

Wristwork and bicepscurls with EZ bar.

I don't what bit me but my gripperstrength feels very good! Now hope this progress won't shatter into pieces. I am going to focus on blocksets again soon. It this topcrush stays this way I can focus a bit on CCS again.

Edited by Geralt

Did a pathetic attempt for a training session tonight, wanted to start off with trapbar. It felt super heavy. Couldn't get going.

Last two Friday's were very good gripsessions, but the last weekends I have been working hard in the garden, last Saturday been shovelling for a few hours in the pouring rain. Weekend for that the same. Can't expect miracles the Monday after that. Was barely motivated to put the weights back into the corner of the garage.

Tried squats tonight to get some things of my mind.

Sets up to 110 kg, 3 x 2 and ladder down back to 70kg.

Shoulders, dumbbell presses.

My Boxerdog, my 10 year old buddy has been diagnosed with cancer and it is not treatable. Sucks bigtime to say the least. Very emotional roller coaster. Hope to enjoy him for a while longer...no pain etc.

Very sad to hear that about your boxer. That has to be horrible. Although, 10 years is pretty old for a boxer so maybe it was just time. I hope the time until the end will be painfree and as joyful as possible, both for you and your boxer.

• Like 1

I feel very sorry for your dog Geralt. I really understand how sad it can be.

• Like 1

This is very sad. I am feeling very sorry for you Geralt.

• Like 1

Thnx guys...yeah..10 years have flown by. I have no idea how this will develop. They said it's a matter of months. Just can't believe it.