1stCoC

Sponsor, Grip Master & Legend - 621

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • Joined 13 Years, 1 Month and 23 Days
  • Local time: 08:07 PM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Stan has always been overly kind and good as gold to me. I see him every year at the Old time Strongman dinner. He calls me from time to time. He is colorful, different , and one very , very ,STRONG man. Terry Todd and I saw him put an actual kink in bending a penny with his fingers.... a legit, amazing top of the hill feat of strength.

#182 OFFLINE   Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 10 Months and 18 Days
  • Local time: 12:07 PM

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Okay Richard, you'll like this story. June, 2005, first time I ever met Stan. It was at the portable bar outside the banquet room at the Marriot Hotel in Saddlebrook NJ at the AOBS Dinner. It was about 7 O'clock, and Stan was getting a good jump on drinking that particular night. He was wearing his "Stanless Steel" sweatshirt, and his hair was the shortest I had ever seen it. I asked him if he used to have long hair, and yeah he did, we exchanged pleasantries, and then he got pretty worked up about the "introductions" that they had just made. Your name was not among them. Stan says to me in a pretty dramatic fashion, CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T MENTION RICHARD SORIN? Richard Sorin! King of the One Arm! That's awful! How could they leave him out! He went on for a bit about it. It really upset him.

About 5 minutes later, the emcee made an announcement: "Also in the audience tonight is Richard Sorin, First Captain of Crush..."(and other things I don't remember). At the time I thought, "Wow, when something gets to that guy, he really does something about it". Yep, that is Stan!

#183 OFFLINE   slazbob

slazbob

GripBoard Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 3 Months and 9 Days
  • Local time: 02:07 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

I watched this last night. It seemed like he didn't have the spirit that they seem to have at the AOBS.... Unless he was tipsy, because he didn't seem to give that guy-" the destroyer" any respect.

And his brother is sad... That's got to eat at him. Seems like a kind soul... And trying to make any money doing what he does seems exhausting.

And that boy can eat some corn!

#184 OFFLINE   Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

GripBoard Gripomaniac

• GB Contributor Level 3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 10 Months and 18 Days
  • Local time: 12:07 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Stan is in Los Angeles right now. He was contacted by a television show, and they flew him out today...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users