Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Nice work with the thickbar!! Well on your way to pound for pound excellence!

Thanks Jon! Just trying to keep up with the rest of you thick bar monsters lol

Bad ass pull ups and deads brother! Incredible strength at your bodyweight, i'm 5lbs heavier lol.

Keep it up man, you'll do some awesome things!

Bad ass pull ups and deads brother! Incredible strength at your bodyweight, i'm 5lbs heavier lol.

Keep it up man, you'll do some awesome things!

Thanks bro! Yeah, cutting has sucked... Much less pizza in my life lately lol

Yesterday's workout:

Grippers

Right: couple close misses with the 143 coc3, close miss 138 gm 20mm block set, 2xbbsm 128 MMS, 1x2.5 130 MMS, 1x2.5 125 block set

Left: 3 singles and 1 miss bbm 118 MMS, trex extended handle work

Wooden block 2hp

1x137.5, 12x110, 7x120

Hub

Right 4x44.5, 5x42, 4x44.5

Left 1x44.5, 7x39.5, 3x40.75

Another weight PR on wooden pinch and some rep pr's on hub for the order in which I performed them. I'm finding it really tough to get the 3 closed on camera. I think just by myself without the camera it goes down fine because I'm missing by about 1 or 2 mm. My filming technique is horrible. I think it's time I find an hour to sit down and watch john McCarter's tutorial on YouTube.

• Like 2

I'm finding it really tough to get the 3 closed on camera. I think just by myself without the camera it goes down fine because I'm missing by about 1 or 2 mm.

Have you closed it off camera? If not, I would just try without the camera because it may be messing you up. Closing it off camera will give you confidence and then you can get a close on camera after.

I'm finding it really tough to get the 3 closed on camera. I think just by myself without the camera it goes down fine because I'm missing by about 1 or 2 mm.

Have you closed it off camera? If not, I would just try without the camera because it may be messing you up. Closing it off camera will give you confidence and then you can get a close on camera after.

I haven't man. I've been pretty much doing it on camera because I want to have the memory of the first close to be permanent on video lol. I'm gonna upload a screenshot of my closest attempt yet.

This is my best attempt so far. I've been getting this close with the last bunch of attempts and just want the damn gripper to shut already

post-23333-0-78096400-1410222176_thumb.p

• Like 2

This is my best attempt so far. I've been getting this close with the last bunch of attempts and just want the damn gripper to shut already

That's miles away from a close!

...Well maybe not, maybe it's freaking close to a close dude!

Do like I said!

Get Mad like a mentalpatient, rage it closed!

• Like 1

Also, the close should be explosive and fast.

Never squeeze it shut slowly.

That's miles away from a close!

...Well maybe not, maybe it's freaking close to a close dude!

Do like I said!

Get Mad like a mentalpatient, rage it closed!

Also, the close should be explosive and fast.

Never squeeze it shut slowly.

Thanks guys! It's as close as it's gonna get without being closed, I think I'm gonna have to do as peter said and just go totally ape crazy to get that last millimeter LOL.

I appreciate the support! You guys know I've been killing myself with grippers for over a year now with no breaks, and I want to get the mm0 so I can take a little time off grippers to pursue other projects, like the red nail. But I'll still be hurting the grippers, probably just one workout every three weeks or maybe as a third exercise in a grip workout instead of first

• Like 1

That's right there Anthony! If you wait a week and try again, you'll get it!

Thanks tom, I hope so man!

Today's training:

Squats, no belt

10x245, 6x275 3x295 None were to failure. Feels really good to be doing this lift with no belt and i'd like to continue.

DO static holds

2 holds 10 seconds with 325, 1 hold 30 seconds 275

Incline hammerstrength press

8x100, 8x120, 5x115 per side

Hammer grip pulldowns

6x200, 5x210, 10x190

Seated overhead barbell press

4x145, 12x115

Standing dumbbell hammer curl

3x50 3x50 7x45

Lying ez bar extensions

Not sure how much the ez curl bar weighed. what does an oly sized ez bar weigh? Either way, 10 and then 13 x 25 on each side

Anvil trainer

Right Hand 8x135, 1x160, 1x161.25, 1x165

Left: 4x135, 1x145, 1x146.25

Blobs

Right 10x35lb, 3x35 using thumb on round side, 4 second hold

left 9x35, 2x35 thumb on round side, 4 second hold

Damn good workout. The PR's are continuing, despite me losing weight. I attribute that a LOT to drinking a crapload of water, as that is the only real thing I have done different for this cut as opposed to other cuts I've done in the past and lost strength. I got a video of the 161.25 anvil trainer lift, but not the 165. Quite frankly I didn't think I'd get 165 and decided not to film, but lo and behold the sucker went up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqBI-i-XA_A&list=UU9di7sEH2QVshIVYoBcaplw

• Like 3

Holds w/ pinch training are the way to go... Been doing them myself and my pinch has never felt stronger. Pinched my fitness gear 45s last night, a couple years ago I thought they were unliftable. Wide and slick at 3" I finally got them on my last night in my Dayton house. Pinch is all about tissue adaption and no better way to stimulate that adaption than by holding for time. Plus it saves your skin by doing less picking up and more holding. Ill put up the video sometime when I'm in wifi.

• Like 2

Holds w/ pinch training are the way to go... Been doing them myself and my pinch has never felt stronger. Pinched my fitness gear 45s last night, a couple years ago I thought they were unliftable. Wide and slick at 3" I finally got them on my last night in my Dayton house. Pinch is all about tissue adaption and no better way to stimulate that adaption than by holding for time. Plus it saves your skin by doing less picking up and more holding. Ill put up the video sometime when I'm in wifi.

Congrats on the wide 45 plate pinch? That's an elite feat that not many attain. I've always said pound for pound you're one of the strongest grip athletes.

I'm starting to see that holds are the way to go. How long do you think a hold should go before failure for building strength instead of endurance?

Today's training:

Dumbbell flat bench press

8x95, 4x100, 10x80

Static holds on shrug machine with iron bull 2's

90, 115, 135, 160 per side...got about 10 seconds each with the heavier sets

Sumo squats, no belt

20x185, 20x185

Hammer Grip pull ups

6xbw+50 7xbw+50, 10xbw+25

Incline close grip bench

8x135 8x135

Curls on the crappy ez bar. Not gonna use that bar again

Rolling thunder static holds

4 10 second holds with #95

Very good workout. Weight is down to 163.8 so I'm pretty much in for the 74k as long as my ass doesn't get fat lol. Strength is still holding up, and grip strength keeps improving.

• Like 2

Today's training:

DO Sumo Deadlifts

3x295, 3x295, 6x295

Seated overhead dumbbell press

7x85, 7x80

Neutral grip pulldowns

6x200, 6x210, 5x210

Neutral grip pull ups

Incline hammerstrength press

7x120, 4x120, 8x100 per side

Seated dumbbell curls

6x40, 6x40, 5x40

Incline dumbbell extension

10x35, 8x35, 8x30

Was 163.4 this morning. I should make the 74k class with a little bit of weight management a few days before the Kong. So now I'll up my calories a bit and focus on maintaining bodyweight instead of losing.

• Like 1

Today

Grippers

Right 3singles 134 bbgm mms, 119 2.5 coin hold 17 seconds, 2x 128 bbsm mms, trex extended handle 1 rep

Left 3 singles 109 2 mms, coin hold coc2 didnt count time, trex ext handle miss

Hub

Right 2 holds 42 lbs, 1 hold 32lb, 4x42

Left 2 holds 42 lbs, 1 hold 32lbs

1hp wooden block

Right 8x55, 2 holds 55lbs, 5x55

Left 4x55, 2 holds 55, 4x55

Sledge deadlifts, holds, and 2 holds each hand ttk with 10lbs

Decent workout. Grippers were good but left hand is just fading. I need to bring it back up after the kong. Hub didn't wanna work for me today.

• Like 2

Today's training

Standing barbell military press

8x135 5x135

Combo of rack pulls and static holds with fat gripz extreme

155, 155, 135, 135

Lying leg curls

3x8x110

Dumbbell flat bench press

4x95 4x95 4x95 5x95

Cable rows

10x160 8x170 6x180

Dips superset with close grip chin ups

15/8, 15/8, 20/12

That's some solid pressing at your bw!

Do you got a bw press? Can't be far off.

Thanks, honk! No bw press yet though. Best I've done is 3x155. For shoulder presses for me, just five pounds adds substantial difficulty. I would love to press 165 soon though!

Been very busy this past week because I started a new job and so I inadvertently took the week off from training. Which is okay, because I was actually due for some time off. Going to see if I can hit grippers and pinch tonight and then start things back up again full swing with a full body workout tomorrow night. John "Chuck Norris Killer" McCarter's hub lift of 100+ inspired me to really get my ass in gear for this final month leading up to the KK.

• Like 2