Time To Bend That Bastard Horseshoe

wulfgeat

Nice work Josh! Only thing I can see is maybe move your body over slightly on the sweep and crush so you have body contact on the outside hand. It will give you more power on the sweep

• Like 1

So I finally kinked a diamond classic unbraced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhZKvZF56Pg&feature=youtu.be

Nice. Has your back calmed down?

Yeah man, thanks for asking! I am trying something new to make sure it stays that way too.

I wanted to get used to documenting the bend for, you know, practice. I forgot to mic the shoe anyway.

Please feel free to skip ahead. The bend starts at 6:35.

Thanks for watching.

• Like 1

Yes!!! Excellent! Now you just have to do the 1 like that!

Been bending a few horseshoes recently, SCF UL000 to 180 and hearted a few kerkheart size 1's just to maintain my strength until my order comes in. Bought one of these shoes below shown in the images, all the info I had on it was that it was stamped "lite 1"

From looking at the pictures can someone tell me if it is a SCF lite rim 1, a SCF lite 1 or a lite plain 1 as I have no idea.

As soon as it arrives il film it under certified conditions and put it on here

post-23364-0-31118300-1412543335_thumb.j

post-23364-0-89034400-1412543379_thumb.j

Been bending a few horseshoes recently, SCF UL000 to 180 and hearted a few kerkheart size 1's just to maintain my strength until my order comes in. Bought one of these shoes below shown in the images, all the info I had on it was that it was stamped "lite 1"

From looking at the pictures can someone tell me if it is a SCF lite rim 1, a SCF lite 1 or a lite plain 1 as I have no idea.

As soon as it arrives il film it under certified conditions and put it on here

attachicon.gif$_57.jpg

attachicon.gif1 lite.jpg

That looks like my Lite Plain #1's. The Lite Rim shoe has the same marking on the leg, but you can tell it has a rim. Those shoes are clearly plain shoes, but since it says "Lite," it is a lite plain. If you can bend that, you will blow me out of the water.

Edited by wulfgeat

Thanks! i was unsure what i had bought. Should arrive next week so il wrap it up and bend that bastard horseshoe :grin:

• Like 2

I just wobbled a SCF lite plain #3 on my weak side with extra wrap. Not satisfied with that, I switched the wraps and destroyed it on my strong side. It went so much smoother than last time (you will laugh when you see how much it takes me to task on my second round), and I have much less tissue damage. I even manged to get it ever so much closer to 180 degrees. I will post the video as soon as I have time.

• Like 1

Sorry it took me two days; I was busy. Here is most of my second butt kicking from the SCF Lite Plain #3:

I used double wraps, I had to stop in the middle to rest (turned the camera off), came back, wasted three minutes (which I edited out), and then called it a day.

Edited by wulfgeat
  • Like 1

To all the good benders, what can I improve or fix?

PL1 Attempt:

Thanks for watching and any help you can offer.

I have a few questions, if anyone is willing to offer some knowledge.

The kink for horseshoes has felt pretty natural to me and is usually the easier part of the bend. I am thinking this may be a disadvantage because as I get to harder shoes, I don't know how to work through the kink. Is there any validity in working just the kink?

At the initiation of the sweep, I am rotating the shoe to bring the outside leg closer to my body in order to use more torso. Is this a bad habit?

Is there a progression just for the smaller size 00-000 shoes? The smaller sizes are more difficult for me to bend regardless of the general rating and this is something I would like to improve.

Thanks for your help.

I have a few questions, if anyone is willing to offer some knowledge.

The kink for horseshoes has felt pretty natural to me and is usually the easier part of the bend. I am thinking this may be a disadvantage because as I get to harder shoes, I don't know how to work through the kink. Is there any validity in working just the kink?

At the initiation of the sweep, I am rotating the shoe to bring the outside leg closer to my body in order to use more torso. Is this a bad habit?

Is there a progression just for the smaller size 00-000 shoes? The smaller sizes are more difficult for me to bend regardless of the general rating and this is something I would like to improve.

Thanks for your help.

Josh -

I am going to be at Jedd's this weekend. Bring some shoes and I will watch your technique. Maybe we can bend some stuff after the comp.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am still working on some shoes. This is not a hard shoe by any stretch. I need to order some harder shoes again and start back again. Enjoy.

Sx7 heart:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got some slightly more difficult shoes recently. I will hopefully have some successful videos to contribute shortly. I ordered a few of these Nordic D-Lux #2's to ease back into it. What do you know, a not so bad decision. Tonight wasn't a night to bend shoes but they just arrived in the mail & I couldn't resist.

post-23285-0-49559400-1427858802_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

As someone who has never even wobbled that shoe: WELL DONE!!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!