The Gripmas Carol 2012

climber511

The Gripmas Carol Grip Contest 2012 – December the 8th

Official weigh in starts at 8 AM – scales open until 9:30

Rules meeting at 9:30

Event starts at 10 AM

Entry fee is $20

I said after last year that it was the last Gripmas Carol I would hold. But a lot of people have talked to me about it and I’m willing to try it again but in a different format. Teresa and I spent literally weeks getting ready, cleaning up, and recovering etc in the past. My interests are changing and I am simply getting too old to keep doing it that way – so I want to try something different this time. I have a few climbing trips coming up as well and will be gone a lot leading up to this. This time I want what might be called a “get together” slash “contest” atmosphere – just the way Gripmas was back in the early years. More like a bunch of friends getting together on the weekend to have some fun but in enough of an organized contest fashion that results will count towards records etc. Guys who come early will help move things around to make room for us all in the garage and the only thing I ask is that everyone sticks around long enough afterwards to clean up and put the garage back together again – with everyone helping – it should happen real fast – last year I spent a very long day doing it.

Attendance is going to be limited if necessary so things go fast and we can have time to play around and talk afterwards – probably won’t be necessary but we’ll see. Really, really Cheap Trophies - No Real Prize packages, not going to ask for sponsors in any big way, maybe each person brings something small and those are the prizes - a used piece of gear or DVD etc and we make prizes out of them? No fuss, no mess, just a fun grip outing/contest. No meal furnished - we’ll all chip in and order pizza on contest day – this makes life easy on the wife who usually cooks all day but she has a family Christmas party that day to go to so that ain’t happening. Everyone helps clean up the mess afterwards. Stay as late as you want to play around and visit. Pretty much the whole thing is I need help from everyone to put this on – if you all are willing to do that – Gripmas is on again! If not I get the day off biggrin.gif .

Possible/likely events but maybe not – nothing is set in stone at his point.

• Choked Grippers at parallel – RGC Rated

• 2 HP – all available widths (separate warm up apparatus)

• DO Axle DL – my IM Axle – Sumo or conventional allowed - (separate warm up apparatus)

• Monster Medley – lots of everything – but hard – many items will be at different weight class Nationals qualifying levels or higher.

• Scale Weight Hold for Time – your choice of hand – my scale weights

Scoring will be done several ways just for the heck of it

1. The Normal Straight percentage scoring as usual – Very Cheap prizes. All weight classes will not be held for the contest scoring and prizes but all weight class results will be eligible for record purposes.

2. Formula scoring by Body Weight – Even Cheaper Prizes plus bragging rights – can you break the Open Class WR in something by formula?

3. Best Lifter in the comp by formula? There are calculators out there so we can do all this stuff pretty quickly. Another cheap prize.

4. Formula by Body Weight and Age factors – Bragging Rights only – my only chance to beat anyone. Calculators used again.

5. Overall Percentage Scoring like we were all one class like Andrew did at Nationals – Bragging Rights only. Maybe a really cheap prize here as well – who knows?

6. Chance for Elite Status Totals advancement on Pinch and Axle – Nationals Qualifying chances for some other events will be in the Medley at different weight class levels.

http://www.mastersweightlifting.org/

Sinclair Formula

Malone-Meltzer Age Coefficients

Wilks (power lifting)

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/Downloads.55.0.html

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/lifterscorn...-kilo-men.shtml

A couple formulas to play around with if you have any interest in this stuff.

I will see about being there.

I need some directions on how to get there.

I will see about being there.

I need some directions on how to get there.

Just email me at

Shooter77b@gmail.com

Brandon, Greg and I will be there. I can bring anything you want outside of my whole gym.. :D

i think you should bring a sorinex rack....just give yourself extra travel time.

• Like 1

I'll be there Chris

Brandon, Greg and I will be there. I can bring anything you want outside of my whole gym.. :D

I'll get back to you closer in - I know I want a few things of yours. Thanks - A couple days out please hit one of Brandon's thumbs with a hammer for me :)

I'll be there Chris

Awesome!

Count me in Chris. If you want any help before hand too, you got it.

Thanks buddy!

I should be there.

Well here comes yet another World Record Pinch! Can't wait my friend!

• Like 1

Did you see the email I sent you?

Nothing today - when was it?

Is there a Women's Division? Might try to get my sister involved again.

Is there a Women's Division? Might try to get my sister involved again.

We'll have a woman's division if any show up. Load sis up and bring her along!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up. Been a while since there has been a post.

Bumping this up. Been a while since there has been a post.

Thanks Jedd - I'm doing so much climbing right now (just got back and leaving again next Tuesday for another week long trip) - grip has really been on the back burner for me. But Gripmas is still on and looking good - hoping for a nice turnout.. Any questions - just ask.

with pinch and axle that's 2 events that can get you qualified for NAGC. also a good opportunity to meet/compete with/learn from some of the best.

• 2 weeks later...

is there an entry form?

Just got home tonight from climbing out west - and leaving again Friday - I'll get it up soon as I can.

2012 Gripmas Carol Entry

December 8th, 2012

Entry Fee is $20 – make check out to Chris Rice.

Entry Deadline is November 23 – Entry is $25 after that

Mail – WITH the entry form – to

Chris Rice

230 Burley St.

Crooksville, Ohio 43731

Contest held at same address

Weigh In starts at 8 AM

Rules Meeting at 9:30

Start Time is 10 AM

Events:

Grippers in chokers at parallel

2 Hand Pinch

Axle Deadlift – Double Overhand

Medley

Scale Weight Hold for time

Please return this form and your check To Be In My Hands by Nov 23rd – earlier if possible of course.

Name:

Address:

City:

State & Zip Code:

Email:

Gripboard Name if you have one:

Body Weight - expected:

There will also be the normal – if I squeeze so hard my eyeballs pop out – I won’t sue form to sign when you get here.

Gripbash Scoring System plus a few others for the heck of it.

All weights have been weighed on certified scales for accuracy.

Weigh in scales are point calibrated to each division.

Would it be a breach of etiquette to enter this, even though I've never done a grip contest before?