Super Rare Hand Gripper

mightyjoe

Here's a pic of a Super RARE Victor Master Hand Gripper (right, w/3 springs) from the 1920's! I recently purchased this hand gripper from Dennis Rogers from a collection he had bought.

NOTE: I have searched for over 20 years for one of these hand grippers! The ad behind the gripper is from a 1926 Strength magazine.

Take a good look because you may possibly never see another one!

ENJOY!!!

post-14752-0-34777400-1408885484_thumb.j

Edited by Mighty Joe
  • Like 14

That is very cool

• Like 1

Nice ! Congrats!

Joe, Looking for you to enter crushed and signed Sapporo beer can for contest and museum.

• Like 2

Nice ! Congrats!

Joe, Looking for you to enter crushed and signed Sapporo beer can for contest and museum.

Thanks Pops!

We are looking for that brand of beer so we can. me and Cody both will do so!

Great idea!

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/24/2014 at 9:08 AM, mightyjoe said:

Here's a pic of a Super RARE Victor Master Hand Gripper (right, w/3 springs) from the 1920's! I recently purchased this hand gripper from Dennis Rogers from a collection he had bought.

NOTE: I have searched for over 20 years for one of these hand grippers! The ad behind the gripper is from a 1926 Strength magazine.

ENJOY!!!

loved the hand grippers.

• 1 year later...

That's awesome! Never seen something like this before 

• 2 weeks later...

ENJOY!!!

This is epic!! No idea these kind of grips were even thought of in the 20's, let alone made! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2014 at 4:08 PM, mightyjoe said:

ENJOY!!!

Wow almost a century old now... Amazing stuff 

• 1 year later...

It’s even better to see the original ad! Very cool piece of strength history! 

• 3 months later...

ENJOY!!!

That's the ad for that gripper, correct?  Can you post a pic of just that ad?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RITParent15 said:

I don’t think Joe has been on the board in years. :) The post you quoted is from 9 years ago. Maybe he’ll see it though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 hours ago, RITParent15 said:

56 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I don’t think Joe has been on the board in years. :) The post you quoted is from 9 years ago. Maybe he’ll see it though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

In case he won't check, here is the ad. It's from the advertising section of Popular Mechanics. I kept the other parts of the ad page because I find old advertisements amusing. 
But a Victor Master Grip ad appeared before, in 1921, in Physical Culture. I attached that as well. 
Edit: attached a better resolution pic of the requested ad only

g1.JPG

g2.JPG

g3.JPG

Edited by matek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

Does anyone know what happened to Joe? I find myself wondering that not infrequently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matek said:

In case he won't check, here is the ad. It's from the advertising section of Popular Mechanics. I kept the other parts of the ad page because I find old advertisements amusing. 
But a Victor Master Grip ad appeared before, in 1921, in Physical Culture. I attached that as well. 
Edit: attached a better resolution pic of the requested ad only

g1.JPG

g2.JPG

g3.JPG

THANK YOU !!!  I love this old stuff...especially when you can link it with something else.  In this case the actual gripper.