Red Nail Bent In Double Imp's

Anthony C.

Tried to do it in singles but my fingers are still super beat up from last session and my index finger was already blue after the first hit lol. So I used the extra layer. But my sticking point has been the crush, so I'm super happy today.

Few things:

1. My form is garbage. Ej will yell at me for not tucking and holding. I was rusty.

2. I like to scream during bends, but with the mouth guard all I can really do is make awkward sexual moans. Sorry.

• Like 5

Hell yeah man!!

• Like 1

Huge milestone...the sweep and the crush looked strong...congrats

That was a good bend. So all the strength is there to bend a red in singles. I think your mental toughness and hand/pain tolerance is holding you back. So now you know you can bend a red. Just think of it this way, it's gonna hurt- bad. But it will only hurt for a minute tops. You can endure that no problem. It won't leave lasting scares or cripple you, it will just be uncomfortable. And when it hurts bad bite that mouth guard HARD. It helps. Anthony you got this. Push hard and you will surprise yourself.

You can talk yourself out of pain.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 2

Good bend homie!

Hell yeah man!!

Well done!

That's awesome! Hell yeah brother!

Huge milestone...the sweep and the crush looked strong...congrats

Thank you Gentlemen!

That was a good bend. So all the strength is there to bend a red in singles. I think your mental toughness and hand/pain tolerance is holding you back. So now you know you can bend a red. Just think of it this way, it's gonna hurt- bad. But it will only hurt for a minute tops. You can endure that no problem. It won't leave lasting scares or cripple you, it will just be uncomfortable. And when it hurts bad bite that mouth guard HARD. It helps. Anthony you got this. Push hard and you will surprise yourself.

You can talk yourself out of pain.

Thank bro. I know I can do it. It is extremely painful but it will go down. I split my finger up good trying it in singles again after this bend as well. My right index finger seems to be fine but the left just keeps opening up on me. I'm tuf footing almost every night. Hopefully this goes down in singles soon.

Don't go too hard on the tuff foot or your callous is gonna fly off bro with a quick slip of the IMPs. If its split some crazy glue will keep it together.

• Like 1

Great work!

Great job Anthony!

Thank you guys!

Don't go too hard on the tuff foot or your callous is gonna fly off bro with a quick slip of the IMPs. If its split some crazy glue will keep it together.

Yeah I hear that. Thanks for the heads up man.

Nice work bro! And yes...hold your hits longer.

Congrats for the PR!

• Like 1

I agree 100% with what EJ said, but wanted to add … you will encounter some Reds (or bars) that stump you every now-and-then (even with doubles etc.). When something like that happens, and you hit a roadblock--whether due to poor set-up, mutant bar, lousy day--chalk it up as a learning experience, and move on. Hit it hard the next time and destroy it.

I learned this the hard way a few years back and ended up with some injuries and tears that could have easily been avoided. Awesome bend and keep up the gains!

• Like 1

I agree 100% with what EJ said, but wanted to add … you will encounter some Reds (or bars) that stump you every now-and-then (even with doubles etc.). When something like that happens, and you hit a roadblock--whether due to poor set-up, mutant bar, lousy day--chalk it up as a learning experience, and move on. Hit it hard the next time and destroy it.

I learned this the hard way a few years back and ended up with some injuries and tears that could have easily been avoided. Awesome bend and keep up the gains!

Thanks for the advice Carl. I really wouldn't have made it to this level without you experienced guys clearing the path for me.

Fantastic bend, Anthony! Congrats on a big milestone. :grin:

Thanks Ben! Coming from you that is a huge compliment :)

Great job Anthony! You'll be bending that in singles soon!

• Like 1

Great job Anthony! You'll be bending that in singles soon!

Thanks man! On a sidenote, I stumbled across your Bastard cert video last night. Duuuuuuuuuude. You're a badass and a half.

• Like 2

I'm late to the party, but I just watched the vid. Awesome job buddy. Way to stick with it and fight.

2. I like to scream during bends, but with the mouth guard all I can really do is make awkward sexual moans. Sorry.

HAHA!

Red Nail cert this year for you no matter what!

• Like 1

Looking Strong.

• Like 1