Harder 60d Nail Reversed.

JoshW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9f083sVJcE

Havent bent a nail in months, let alone reverse one. Wrapped up one of my harder 60D's and reversed it to around 90 degrees then crushed it down. If I guessed I would say this one felt around 250 pounds.

Just abit of fun ;) whats my technique like? as I haven't shown the board any nail bends before!

• Like 3

How do you know 250lbs? Who's calibrated steel have you bent to compare this to?

• Like 1

EJ- just guessing really comparing it to lots of different batches of 60Ds that I've tried, not tryna big my self up it could even be 200pounds. I am most likely wrong but il have to try some calibrated stock at some point to see where I am at

Mike- it's the style that I've always used, I can transfer more power to the bar that way, thanks for watching!

Gotcha. You're doing yourself a big disservice by guessing or pulling numbers out of the air with no calibrated stock to compare it to. In reality you have never felt a confirmed piece of 200 or 250lb stock. But when you do it will surprise you. Either it will melt or fight, either way it will be a surprise. Estimating weight without really knowing will severely mind fuq you.

• Like 1

It looked good, but you don't know the secret to reverse to get those last few degrees. Here's the secret, when the bar is bent far enough, hook your pointer, middle and ring onto your thumb pad. Then pull!

• Like 2

Just been using rags mostly, never been that fussed about wraps

Seems like a good way to get a puncture...I'd be careful with that

I've never had a puncture from these wraps and I've bent hundreds of 60Ds with them, regardless of what they are they are quite padded

IMP's: $4

My Emergency Room visit: $3000.00

Mine was a little bit more, I had to get a tetniius shot.

• Like 2

It's taken a lot of guts for me to start making videos so just enjoy the bend everyone and let me worry about the consequences

It's taken a lot of guts for me to start making videos so just enjoy the bend everyone and let me worry about the consequences

Really dude?? You're gonna get pissy because we are worried about the crappy wraps letting a nail through? Sorry we aren't all stroking your ego, but safety is more important than a bend. Take the advice from guys that have been there and done it twice like Sharkey and myself.

• Like 2

Sorry if it came out pissy but I wouldn't be using the wraps I use if I knew the nail would go through, I'm very much about safety as I have had nerve damage in my left hand due to not wrapping properly so I use these instead now as they are a lot more padded and havent had a problem since. Sorry again if it sounded pissy, that wasn't my intention and remember I do respect you as you are my favourite steel bender :)

Using IM pads is more then just a safety thing, it levels the playing field. What might be easy in leathers, rags, doubles...etc. might be hard in IM pads.

Nice bend my friend.

One thing about it, you'll be able to bend a nail under the most adverse conditions now. I've bent a spike somebody had given me in the towel that they also provided so I can't say much.

I'm different than most of the current crew. If the way you're bending makes you happen then that's part of the battle. Keeping myself interested has always been a challenge.

Really dude?? You're gonna get pissy because we are worried about the crappy wraps letting a nail through? Sorry we aren't all stroking your ego, but safety is more important than a bend. Take the advice from guys that have been there and done it twice like Sharkey and myself.

Remember EJ, I think he's a teenager, we all knew everything then.

Nice bend my friend.

One thing about it, you'll be able to bend a nail under the most adverse conditions now. I've bent a spike somebody had given me in the towel that they also provided so I can't say much.

I'm different than most of the current crew. If the way you're bending makes you happen then that's part of the battle. Keeping myself interested has always been a challenge.

I like how I bend and it has conditioned my hands and I want to be able to barehand reverse a 60d to 40 degrees sometimes. Thanks for your input I appreciate it! :)

• 2 weeks later...