Iron Grip 140kg Du Cert

David_wigren

Submitting a DU bend for the Iron Grip triathlon cert. As required by the rules I used Ironmind Pads, no rubber bands. This was way closer to my limit than the 120kg bar I bent a month ago. My wrists feels like they can take more, but my upper body is the limiting factor. Gonna have to work on that if I'm going to proceed to the harder bars.

• Like 5

Hur står den där sig mot en röding från IM?

Nice man. Your DU is terrifying. I remember when you were putting smiley faces in Edgins DU. Anybody ever win that race you had with Rindo?

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Nice to see you are settling back into DU nicely! amazes me how you can do this

Thank you Josh! many years of abusing my wrists have made them strong :)

Hur står den där sig mot en röding från IM?

Tjena Peter. Den ska vara något lättare än en röd. Jag har kvar den röda som du skickade med paketet. Jag tänkte försöka mig på den DU style om några veckor. Som det är nu skulle jag nog inte rubba den mer än 20ish grader.

Nice man. Your DU is terrifying. I remember when you were putting smiley faces in Edgins DU. Anybody ever win that race you had with Rindo?

Thank you Mr. Jaws! That was with heavy doubles! I don't think either of me or Rindo got to a full DU bend of an Edgin. But I think he got them a little further than me. So maybe that counts as a win for the old bastard Cletus!

Nice bending!

Thanks again Frank!

Wow, that's a super bend.

That was with heavy doubles

Ohhhhh I can only DU an Edgin in heavy doubles. I'm soooooo weak ;):D:yikes

Haha! I see what you're saying :grin:

Wow, that's a super bend.

Thank you Tim!

Your Double Underhand makes me want to do unbraced bars again.

Don't be fooled. David makes the impossible look easy.

• Like 1

This bend alone is a display of extra world class strength, regardless of sum of triathlon.
Batch of red nail, which we calibrated in August was 143 kg. You don't see very often underhanded red nail in IMPS without bands. This is even more rare than reverse.

David, the bend is LEGIT and I congratulate you with it!!
But I had to watch it with digital timer, because I was worried if you fit the time limits. The bend lasted exactly 30.00 seconds.

And also one more wish. Would you please be kind to print this image on A4 paper? :flowers:

Protractor_Rapporteur_Degrees_V3.jpg

• Like 2

Also are you starting your fitness model career soon?

Just need to stamp and send my application to Swedish male top model! lol

Go for it dude! I was inspired to bend again after watching you guys bend here on Gripboard!

Congrats on a good bend! And cert

Thank you brother!

This bend alone is a display of extra world class strength, regardless of sum of triathlon.

Batch of red nail, which we calibrated in August was 143 kg. You don't see very often underhanded red nail in IMPS without bands. This is even more rare than reverse.

David, the bend is LEGIT and I congratulate you with it!!

But I had to watch it with digital timer, because I was worried if you fit the time limits. The bend lasted exactly 30.00 seconds.

And also one more wish. Would you please be kind to print this image on A4 paper? :flowers:

Protractor_Rapporteur_Degrees_V3.jpg

Thank you Ivan! It wouldn't be exciting if it wasn't close :grin: . Actually I didn't even realize it was that close to the time limit. My "mental timer" thought it was around 20 seconds. I didn't even bother to check the time while watching the video. I'm lucky I still got it within the time limit.

I'll make sure to use that print next time! My tiny protractor sucks!

Du är så sinnessjukt stark i handlederna.. Hehehe

I know; that's why he is one of my favorite people to watch destroy something. One of the things I have learned in my strength pursuits is that you can never truly appreciate how hard something is until you get there; it is only then that you can appreciate how easy people like David make it look.

Go for it dude! I was inspired to bend again after watching you guys bend here on Gripboard!

Haha!!! I am glad that is the case. Just so you know I wasn't kidding: I bent a 1/4 grade 5 @ 6" way off center (DU of course). This is my fourth one ever. I also barely wobbled a grade 8. I have never moved one of those period. If I do finally bend one of those bastards, it is totally your fault :)

Edited by wulfgeat

Du är så sinnessjukt stark i handlederna.. Hehehe

Haha, tack!

I know; that's why he is one of my favorite people to watch destroy something. One of the things I have learned in my strength pursuits is that you can never truly appreciate how hard something is until you get there; it is only then that you can appreciate how easy people like David make it look.

Haha!!! I am glad that is the case. Just so you know I wasn't kidding: I bent a 1/4 grade 5 @ 6" way off center (DU of course). This is my fourth one ever. I also barely wobbled a grade 8. I have never moved one of those period. If I do finally bend one of those bastards, it is totally your fault :)

Hey, those G5 bolts are hard to DU. Lately I've been starting every bending session with a 5.5" x 1/4 grade 5 bolt, and they're no joke! Grade 8 bolts are nasty as hell, putting a wobble on those is very good! BTW, if you DU a bastard, it's your own fault! lol

Killer DU man! Wow!

Thank you brother!

• Like 1

Hey, those G5 bolts are hard to DU. Lately I've been starting every bending session with a 5.5" x 1/4 grade 5 bolt, and they're no joke! Grade 8 bolts are nasty as hell, putting a wobble on those is very good! BTW, if you DU a bastard, it's your own fault! lol

I genuinely didn't know that it was decent to bend a grade 5 DU. I suck at DO (1/4 thick 6 inch weld rod in 1.25 inch wraps for a max bend) and am a little better at reverse (60d nails and H drill rod), so I wasn't thinking too much about it as it is my strongest style. I appreciate the feedback :)

The Swedish Fish is back!! I've always enjoyed your DU. Awesome bend, can't wait to see what's next. Sorry I haven't comment sooner, I've been really sick the past 5 days.

Fantastic DU strength David!! World class bend brother!!!

The Swedish Fish is back!! I've always enjoyed your DU. Awesome bend, can't wait to see what's next. Sorry I haven't comment sooner, I've been really sick the past 5 days.

Thank you guys! I don't think a red nail DU is quite world class, unless it was bent with very strict DU with wraps touching or almost touching. For Mod or semi-mod DU like I do, you have to add another 10% or so before I would call it world class territory. EJ, I hope your health is better now.