Rt To Inch Db Question

Durrs

How much could you do on the RT at the time you were first able to lift the Inch? I know they are very different but I'm curious to see if there is a ballpark figure of how strong an individual is on the RT that correlates to being able to lift an Inch DB. Thanks.

How much could you do on the RT at the time you were first able to lift the Inch? I know they are very different but I'm curious to see if there is a ballpark figure of how strong an individual is on the RT that correlates to being able to lift an Inch DB. Thanks.

If I remembered right I pulled 92.5kg or 95kg with good spinning new RT handle before my 1st INCH 78kg lift. I know three dudes who can´t pull 90kg @ RT but INCH 78kg is easy money. When Alexey Tyukalov (men´s current world record holder @ rolling thunder 150.5kg) tried 1st time my INCH 78kg he couldn´t lift it.

Good rolling thunder results and INCH lift don´t necessarily work with each other. Strong thump is very important. You can develope your thumb with pinch (blob + extraweights, hard plate pinching etc...)

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. That's amazing the world record RT puller couldn't lift your Inch his first try!

If I remembered right I pulled 92.5kg or 95kg with good spinning new RT handle before my 1st INCH 78kg lift. I know three dudes who can´t pull 90kg @ RT but INCH 78kg is easy money. When Alexey Tyukalov (men´s current world record holder @ rolling thunder 150.5kg) tried 1st time my INCH 78kg he couldn´t lift it.

Good rolling thunder results and INCH lift don´t necessarily work with each other. Strong thump is very important. You can develope your thumb with pinch (blob + extraweights, hard plate pinching etc...)

Interesting, very.... WR Rt doesn't even guarantee the Inch

Yeah, but I must mentiton that it was only 1 day when he couldn´t lift it. Later he pulled 2x78kg very easy. Offtopic: I found one old video which includes mayde sickest blob session ever.

I was lifting around 215 lbs on the RT when I first lifted the Inch.

Juha was around 210# (95kg) when he first lifted. Interesting. Thanks for the answer.

This is a subject that come up and gets discussed about once a year. I thought the "range" was 190-235. I have an Inch Replica, it is used as a doorstop. When I could do 220 on the RT, I could get a solid one inch of air if the ends were even. Maybe four inches on one end. Big Deal.

I figured, based on that and hearing the experiences of others, that it would take 235 to "guarantee" a lift.

After reading about Alex, guess what? There are no guarantees. I think it proves to lift the Inch, you have to train for the Inch.

• Like 2

Forget the RT-Inch comparison, one of the better proxies is how much weight you can do on a 1H Axle DL. If you look at any lists of this feat, pretty much anyone who can lift 210+ has lifted the Inch, if they've had an opportunity. Axles are pretty easy to purchase or make if you're handy and there is no bracing during the lift like w/ a plate-loaded DB.

• Like 2

Forget the RT-Inch comparison, one of the better proxies is how much weight you can do on a 1H Axle DL. If you look at any lists of this feat, pretty much anyone who can lift 210+ has lifted the Inch, if they've had an opportunity. Axles are pretty easy to purchase or make if you're handy and there is no bracing during the lift like w/ a plate-loaded DB.

Noted! Thanks

• Like 1

Hi! 6-7 years ago i was quite heavy in to griptraining and i was fairly good at it. If memory serves me right i lifted around 80-85kg in roling thunder when i lifted the inch (im on the list) and i lifted the blob first try. i was weing around 82 kg at the time, slightly more now. Im planning to make a comback into grip and ive just started to look at this forum again and just yesterday i tried the grippers again and i could close the 2.5 both left and right so i reckon it wont be long before the 3 goes down again :-)

Edited by Captain Sam
  • Like 2