Eagle Loops Farmer's Walk 262,5 Kg / 272,5 Kg (579 Lbs / 601 Lbs)

Ivan Beritashvili

October 11th, 2014

Step 5 to half a ton.

I have found that farmers walks with loops give stess the body, fingers and core more than short range lifts.

For myself I revealed a rough ratio: when I lifted 463 kg, I was able to walk 232,5 kg. So the double weight for farmers gives a short range lift max.

As on 11th October I felt myself not confident for 480+ I decided to put all my efforts in walks. The distance in every set was 15 meters:

122,5 kg

142,5 kg

172,5 kg

192,5 kg

222,5 kg

242,5 kg

262,5 kg (+ 10 kg improvenent than 2 weeks ago)

272,5 kg (+ 20 kg improvement)

At 262.5 set I badly smashed my ring finger tendon on proximal phalanx. It swoll and gave burning pain when touched.

Ivan Silantiev adviced to put the loops one phalanx down - to medials. This was much tougher for grip, but no pain. And I completed 272.5 kg :ph34r:

Very happy with these walks.

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 2

Dude if your doing that in the medial joint on the loops that's just insane grip! Seriously looking jacked too. Strongman comps in your future!!!

I do these with dumbbells and with plate loaders. The strap really helps.

I stand on my cinderblocks and close my hands for really hard workouts.

I was going to buy a Farmer's Walk set up but dumbbells work very well for now.

Also heal up that ring finger.

S/F,

CEYA!

Edited by Ceya!

Incredible Ivan!

Be carefull with those finger tendons though if you hurt one they take seriously long to recover from. It took me about 3 months to recover from a partial tear of a finger pulley. A full tear takes much much longer.

Mike, Ceya, Josh, Rojz - big thanks for watching and commenting!

Josh, to be good in grippers - one should work with grippers. There are no replacement exercises. I thing 4 finger loops work will give sort of carryover to 1-2 finger loops lifts. Just my thoughts.

Royz I guess I damaged not the tendon itself, but its "coating", as you know the tendon works as bicycle handbreak - the cable slides inside the coating with a lubric liquid to minimize friction. So I hope, i damaged coating and a bit of lubric liquid came out. Big thanks for your write up!

• Like 1