3.5 Ccs, 220.5kg Axle, Six 5kg Pinch

Paul Savage

Hard 3.5 ccs (done slower so i don't benefit from sweep strength at the close)..

Axle deads upto 230.5kg (508lbs)..

Two finger high pulls five 5kg then yet another fail at six 5kg (getting to be rediculous haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJ7bGmSZx8

Got a little excited for the axle :/ sorry! Got a question on this guys, even though I'm capable of touching my fingers on the axle i find I'm stronger when i don't, instead i grip it the same as i would an inch dumbbell, so my thumb is side ways and my fingers go to the side of where my thumbs are. Is this a normal grip or do you think i have a weak thumb??

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 3

Sorry, messed up weights on the axle, they are all 10kg less, top weight is 220.5kg. No wonder i got it haha..would change the video but posted the bloody thing now. I'm seriously not this thick i must have just thought of bar = 20kg in the moment. I'll try 230 another time (the bar only weighs 10kg but is rated to 330kg, is watson gym 2" thickbar).

That was a good close paul, i hope to get that far someday. How big are you by the way?

That was a good close paul, i hope to get that far someday. How big are you by the way?

Thanks, 6 foot 3 tall, 18 stone 5 and 1/4lb this morning (257.25lb)

Again, sorry about the axle weight guys, can't believe it didn't click when i edited it. If a mod can change the title to 220.5 an not 230.5 that be great.

I corrected the gigantic amount of weight lifted in the title. Incredible axle pull, Paul!

• Like 1

Goodness, that's impressive!

220.5 is still 486#, I had no idea you were this good in the Axle! Wow. You are not only in a very elite league when it comes to CCS'ing grippers, but your axle numbers are also quite incredible. That's pretty awesome!

Out of curiosity: how does a 220.5kg deadlift feel to you with a regular barbell? Can you lift it quickly? I ask because most other Axle Monsters can toy with their axle weight if they lift it on a standard oly bar. But I wonder if for you, the Axle DL is also a test of body strength? Or do you feel that's not an issue?

I loved the "slow #3.5 CCS so there is no benefit from sweep strength", wow, quite awesome. Also you inserted the card quite High on the handles, and you did not make the card "bend" in order to go in! So most impressive!!!!

• Like 1

220.5 is still 486#, I had no idea you were this good in the Axle! Wow. You are not only in a very elite league when it comes to CCS'ing grippers, but your axle numbers are also quite incredible. That's pretty awesome!

Out of curiosity: how does a 220.5kg deadlift feel to you with a regular barbell? Can you lift it quickly? I ask because most other Axle Monsters can toy with their axle weight if they lift it on a standard oly bar. But I wonder if for you, the Axle DL is also a test of body strength? Or do you feel that's not an issue?

I loved the "slow #3.5 CCS so there is no benefit from sweep strength", wow, quite awesome. Also you inserted the card quite High on the handles, and you did not make the card "bend" in order to go in! So most impressive!!!!

Cheers Eric/ thanks Heath

Artho - I'm not a big gym lifting guy, I'm typically 'decent' at squatting and good at the little movements, rows, shrugs etc but I'm not built to powerlift and it's just not my strength. My strength is mainly tendon an not muscle. However, 220 would usually feel a damn sight easier than this on a regular bar! (I've done 230 for 10 in the past) it's just my knee is shot to all hell right now so I'm having to 'ugly' them up, i can't squat into it like i usually do.

Have you ever tried hack squats paul?

Have you ever tried hack squats paul?

Yeah. Why do you ask?

I was just wondering i realy like them cause i never had much access to a squat rack, those and deads are great.

Strong stuff! The axle pull impresses me the most!

That slow ccs looks like Joe Kinneys coc4 close, serious vice like power there.

Keep the videos coming Paul, you could easily certify on a 3.5.

Both world class feats but I was more impressed with the axle pull for sure. You should try a grip contest at one of the ironmind fit expos or another big European event. How big can you pull on the rolling thunder right now?

• Like 1

Agree with others here, the gripper close was great but the axle pull is extremely impressive.

• Like 1

That slow ccs looks like Joe Kinneys coc4 close, serious vice like power there.

Keep the videos coming Paul, you could easily certify on a 3.5.

Yeah except Paul actually closed the gripper.

• Like 2

Cheers guys

I can't mms the ghp 9 i have i don't think, it's pretty crazy, have not tried any others. As for RT, it was never a fav of mine, always sucked at it. Managed to get upto 105kg each hand 3-4 years back. Have not tried it since. That and europinch were always my worse ones, for whatever reason i torn my skin each and every time i used the euro setup.