Crushing A Soda Can With My Right Thumb

Six Barrel Shotgun

Hey. I been a member here for 6 years now, and it's only right I share a video!

Any comments on this feat is appreciated. I'm not quite sure what to think of it actually.. That's the main reason I share this, hope to get some input.

The video:

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun
  • Like 1

Good one! I've got to go try it now. Outside of course haha!

• Like 1

In your living room ...that's how you get ants! :grin: But seriously, not sure if its REALLY hard or just HARD to do that. I'm gonna have to try some time then come back to the thread. Either way nice job man!

• Like 1

Tried and failed :(

Not worth it. The risk of filleting your thumb is huge. I was cringing the whole time.

I put this in the same category as license plate ripping and nail driving.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies guys. And I am very stupid, thats why I did it inside :D

OK EJ, i did not realise it was so high injury risk. I do not want to motivate people to try it and hurt them self! Working gloves would be good I guess

Nice! But next time try outside WITH leather gloves ;)

• Like 1

Nice! But next time try outside WITH leather gloves ;)

Thanks man. Haha I dont know how many times I heard that now :D No worries, outside it is :) working gloves will be on

• 2 months later...

Nice job! Do you use the Rolling Thunder at all?

Thanks Toroza! No, very rarely. I have the old version though, so I have the possibility to use RT

I was told that making a can of soda or beer explode is a feat of strength not pure pressure applied to the stong but thin structure of the can . In the early days when Brookfield and I tried to burst a can we knew no better than hold the can tightly ,and finger tips did not come on contact with can( or potato for that matter) and the friction created through quick moving and spot pressure causes the can to rupture were not applied.An amazing feat ...if you know how to do it. From a pure strength pressure aspect I still think those items would be near impossible unless the "mechanical manipulations" are applied. Cool stunt none the less.

• Like 1

I bet that's a nice party trick. :)

Really a feat everyone can relate too.

Hehe. Showed it to some people, most seem to think it's mainly a waste of a good beverage.. :D

Party trick of the highest order yes ,but a true feat of proving grip strength?

I would say that this is mainly a party trick :)

I've only ever busted one soda can and I learned from Steve McGranahan that you definately use a diet soda.....not sticky. You definately have to have a certain level of strength but as has been said, it's a showman type thing. It was easier than I expected quite honestly but I didn't do it the way you did.

Now as EJ said, I'd definately use gloves. I ripped a license plate barehanded once and it ripped under my thumb and cut me pretty good. I'm sure a soda can could easily cut you even deeper.

• Like 1

I've only ever busted one soda can and I learned from Steve McGranahan that you definately use a diet soda.....not sticky. You definately have to have a certain level of strength but as has been said, it's a showman type thing. It was easier than I expected quite honestly but I didn't do it the way you did.

Now as EJ said, I'd definately use gloves. I ripped a license plate barehanded once and it ripped under my thumb and cut me pretty good. I'm sure a soda can could easily cut you even deeper.

Hey Tim

It's not exactly the common way to burst soda cans. I train with Titan's Telegraph Key and I tested if it had any carry over to do this feat. I did 2 Thumbs first.

Yeah, gloves on it is.

Thanks for your input :)