Mighty Joe's Wall Of Grip Video Series!

mightyjoe

Joe, a work of ART...that's all I can say.

You should be the official gripper museum!

Thanks Bill!

I have no problem with being the "Official Gripper Museum"!

I plan to keep growing and adding additional pics and grippers as room allows.

Anyone wanting to donate a rare or unique gripper to my collection they can rest assure it will not be sold or traded

but will be proudly displayed (tagged with their name of course) upon my Walls for all here to see.

BTW, Rich McClean donated a very unique gripper for my Wall that will be discussed in my videos. Thanks Rich!

This is my passion and obsession!

I LOVE Grippers and Grip!!!

Hm hm. Ok Mr. Musselwhite, I'll give you US $ 100,- for the whole lot. :flowers: No? Damn. Just thought I'd ask. :grin:

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Video #2 will be posted here Sunday (27th). ...

Alright Joe, it's Sunday, where is it?!

Seriously though, just letting you know I am looking forward to it a LOT!

Video #2 will be posted here Sunday (27th). ...

Alright Joe, it's Sunday, where is it?!

Seriously though, just letting you know I am looking forward to it a LOT!

I was waiting on someone to ask.

Simply did not have time today.

My apologies my friend!

You would think with all these grippers that I don't have an actual life but my wife brought me back to

this reality first thing this morning with a list of 12 things to get done today. I can't hardly complain being

she 100% supports my passion for grip/grippers.

I'll try my BEST for tomorrow!!!

Stay tuned...

Here's video #2 of my series on my Gripper Collection:

Sorry for the delay!

Hope you enjoy and possibly benefit from my efforts!

I LOVE Grip!!!

• Like 1

Very interesting tips Joe. Do you think that most will naturally move both their arm (extend), supinate, and flex slightly naturally?

Very interesting tips Joe. Do you think that most will naturally move both their arm (extend), supinate, and flex slightly naturally?

Great question Bill!

From my experiments/testing with others it seems 50/50. Some do and some don't. What's really interesting is when you

don't cue them with these tips and then introduce the tips I went over and then redo their measurements and it's always

a noticeable jump/increase. It seems that when one is made aware of these anatomical advantages they consciously make

very precise movements accordingly. It really becomes noticeable after they made several attempts with these points in mind.

BTW, my first test subjects were at the Ronnie Coleman Classic this year. After the grip contest I introduced the Baseline

Dynamometer and let each person give a full effort and I recorded their efforts. Then I explained these advantages to them from an anatomical perspective and all but one individual increased their squeeze. Some significantly as in 24 lb. increase. Lowest increase was 7 lbs.

Lastly, I'm far from done with this type of testing. I'm recording everything in writing for my records and comparisons. I'll share this

data as more is accumulated over time and test subjects.

Edited by Mighty Joe

I should have put the caveat of someone who has been shown how to properly place the gripper as well. Without that, I would guess the % is lower for those giving a max squeeze to do any of those tips.

I should have put the caveat of someone who has been shown how to properly place the gripper as well. Without that, I would guess the % is lower for those giving a max squeeze to do any of those tips.

This is true Bill.

I explained the suggestions under the assumption the viewer understood proper setting technique as well.

This gives me an idea for one of the future videos.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

This video was exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks a lot!

Ill have to try to extent my arm a little more. That is the one thing you mentioned that I don’t do.

Joe, I posted this on YouTube already, but I'll say it again: thanks for the tips. After I watched the 2nd video, I came home and closed my #3 for the first time, as well as a #2.5 with my left hand (1.5" set for both). Much appreciated.

Thanks a MILLION for the comments guys!

Jmatney, you absolutely made my day on your #3 close!

Huge congrats and I'm thrilled the tips worked for you.

Stay consistent and you'll be a champion!!!

I LOVE Grip!!!

I just tried something:

Made as tight of a fist as I could with a bent elbow and pronated, straight wrist then straightened the arm, supinated the wrist and bent it slightly and I'll be damned if I didn't distinctly feel the fist tighten appreciably. Don't think this was wishful thinking; you're on to something big, Joe.

Hey Joe. Two videos in and I'm already mourning the end of the series.

Great stuff. :)

Perhaps after episode 6 you can be talked into another series.

Thanks for putting this together.

I just tried something:

Made as tight of a fist as I could with a bent elbow and pronated, straight wrist then straightened the arm, supinated the wrist and bent it slightly and I'll be damned if I didn't distinctly feel the fist tighten appreciably. Don't think this was wishful thinking; you're on to something big, Joe.

Can't seem to edit my original post for some reason, so here it is in a new one...

About a minute ago, using this technique, I KILLED my BBGM!! I have never previously closed this gripper.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I would say very unlikely, this felt like a step change.

Adrenaline is pumping, gotta get back to it...

Thanks for the tip. I need to concentrate on that next time I train with grippers.

And VERY impressive collection and interesting review. Can't wait to see next episodes..

Wow , Great stuff! Shows true dedication in an honest, forthright way. It is like being in "Gripper School"! Richard Sorin

hey Joe, thanks for the videos. honestly man, some of the best gripper footage I've ever seen! your passion is evident and your collection is mindblowing!!!

Thanks again for ALL the WONDERFUL and UPLIFTING comments!!!

Video #3 will be this weekend!

More TIPS, HISTORY, and GRIPPERS!!!

I LOVE GRIP!!!

What grippers are lacking in the present collection? Wish list? R Sorin

Quite a few if one was to consider different combinations of handles. For example, smooth, knurled,

5/8" diameter, 3/4" diameter, etc.

Spring sizes? I have most all spring sizes except for the BB Universe and Super Universe/Beast.

Grippers lacking are RB World's Toughest, Original IronMan Gripper made by Tetting, RB 400N,

Various grippers from Python Grip(still collecting these as funds allow), Any Silver Crush grippers,

and a few others with a little thought.

I'm really into one of a kind grippers as you probably are too Richard. There's a special feeling you

get in your stomach (or at least I do) when you have a one of a kind or a prototype gripper such as

the 2, 1/2" smooth steel handle "Gapper Grippers" I have from Warren or a really special gripper that

I'll reveal on video #5, also made by Warren and then my most valuable gripper to date (also one of a kind)

that I'll also reveal on video #5.

Thanks for asking Richard and I cherish the comments you made concerning my video series!

Thank you my friend!

• Like 1

Video #3 is done but I'm having technical difficulties with downloading for some odd reason.

Patience appreciated! I'm trying to get this resolved quickly.

I thought I would at least give a heads-up as to why the video hasn't been posted yet.