Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

Sam, have you rated any heavy grips? Id like to see what your 250 or 300 comes out at if you have one!

I have a 250 so will rate it tonight, i don't have a 300 unfortunately Josh

That's the one I'm most interested in anyways as I feel as if mines around 110lbs, the 250 I mean.

mine is 116 lbs rated by CPW, it feels easier than the Tetting 116 I think, if I'm not mistaken the spread is narrower

• Like 1

my xfitness 250 is 119 lbs. I think all these cheaper brands when they say 250 lbs it means 115-120 lbs RGC.

the GNC 250 is an exception rated 150lbs, it feels very stiff to me once I get it to parallel

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

Sam, have you rated any heavy grips? Id like to see what your 250 or 300 comes out at if you have one!

I have a 250 so will rate it tonight, i don't have a 300 unfortunately Josh

That's the one I'm most interested in anyways as I feel as if mines around 110lbs, the 250 I mean.
Just rated my hg250 and it came out at 121.

All my equipment south of the gripper handles equals 2.2lbs so my ratings want to be #2 lower and will update when I'm at a computer.

Matt so my ratings are the same as yours but the elite is a few #'s higher still

The last batch of Tetting's are a bit heavier...I recently got four Super Masters... a 133, ... (two) 135's and a 136

a Grand master at 156 and one at 150...and a GM ext handle at 149

Two Elites ....one at 177 and one at 184 !

All purchased from and rated by CPW

Dave

Edited by Dreadnought

The last batch of Tetting's are a bit heavier...I recently got four Super Masters... a 133, ... (two) 135's and a 136

a Grand master at 156 and one at 150...and a GM ext handle at 149

Two Elites ....one at 177 and one at 184 !

All purchased from and rated by CPW

Dave

yes, I don't think the average for Elites is 166 anymore as posted here http://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data

also an observation: the super elite and grand elite seem to be often rated about the same, it's not a reasonable progression. Not that I can close those, just an observation. Up to grand master the progression seems to be OK.

for those who know more about grippers: can you estimate the rating of the gripper in the making let's say within 10 lbs RGC? are there any other variables besides mounting depth, spread, and spring?

Managed to get my RGC system setup to rate my own grippers using a crane scale and hand winch and works really good and better than using weights!! Just seem to be higher by a few #'s compared to CPW. I'm using a 1" strap and ensure the handles don't touch the vertical supports and pre oil the gripper before calibrating . . . any other suggestions? Here are my results below;

029 IM Guide

058 IM Trainer

079 IM #1

088 IM #1.5

105 IM #2

129 IM #2.5

130 IM #2.5

132 WT SM (CPW Rated 130)

147 IM #3 (MM0 Cert Gripper)

152 WT GM (CPW Rated 149)

156 IM #3

175 WT E (CPW Rated 170)

182 IM #3.5

So re assessing my calibration, my loop strap, setting width block, crane scales with s hook and carabiner and hook from the hand winch came to over 2lb so below are the update results which are more in line with my ones from CPW which I feel better about;

027 IM Guide

056 IM Trainer

077 IM #1

086 IM #1.5

103 IM #2

121 HG250

127 IM #2.5

128 IM #2.5

130 WT SM (CPW Rated 130)

145 IM #3 (MM0 Cert Gripper)

150 WT GM (CPW Rated 149)

154 IM #3

173 WT E (CPW Rated 170)

180 IM #3.5

• Like 1

Those look a lot better! You need something to fill 131-144 ;)

I know lol, its a hard range to fill but might purchase some #3's and rate them. If they don't fit this range put them on ebay and hopefully get somewhere near what I paid.

• Like 1

Yeah if not then the spectrum from CPW will sort you out for that range matee.

You might be lucky and find a 138-140 #3 though you never know.

They sure would but i'm not a great fan of the Baraban grippers and the way they feel, had a couple but ended up selling them as could get use to the knurl (too smooth for me)

Have yours arrived from CPW yet?

I know lol, its a hard range to fill but might purchase some #3's and rate them. If they don't fit this range put them on ebay and hopefully get somewhere near what I paid.

this is very tempting, imagine having 19 CoC3s for every 1 lb increment from 138 -156 ( keep buying and selling until you get there).

• Like 1

Guys my grippers have arrived. #133 SM and a #129 GHP!

Not home till later so will try tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

They sure would but i'm not a great fan of the Baraban grippers and the way they feel, had a couple but ended up selling them as could get use to the knurl (too smooth for me)

What brand of grippers do you prefer? The Baraban grippers I own has really aggressive knurling, much more aggressive than Ironmind grippers.

What brand of grippers do you prefer? The Baraban grippers I own has really aggressive knurling, much more aggressive than Ironmind grippers.

I do prefer the Ironmind or Tetting, the Baraban's i had (180 & 210) were in a new condition but the knurling was too smooth.

Should have said . . . I can rate your HG300 if you wanted to Josh? Or any others your curious about? Just send us a PM

I do prefer the Ironmind or Tetting, the Baraban's i had (180 & 210) were in a new condition but the knurling was too smooth.

Thats really strange. The RB210 I have has much more aggressive knurling than all my IM grippers, actually it's a huge difference, it really grinds in your hand, I get a much better grip with it but it does also have a wider spread than all the COC's I have and it's a little bit harder to close than the COC#2.5 I have.

Tomorrow I will pick up 12 more RB grippers plus the RB adjustable gripper. I'll then have around 30 grippers in total. I will to try to weld something together so I can do som RGC. If I succeed I will post the results here :)

btw another option is to get a Silvis adjustable, since you have an RGC you can rate it and mark the handles at 131 and 144 so then you can easily work in that range.

• Like 1

Should have said . . . I can rate your HG300 if you wanted to Josh? Or any others your curious about? Just send us a PM

That is a very generous offer and I will have to call you up on that one mate! I will let you know when I have time to do that, thanks brother.

• Like 1

Atomgripz 3 ring and 4 ring knurl rated (see below in red)

027 IM Guide

056 IM Trainer

077 IM #1

086 IM #1.5

103 IM #2

117 Atomgripz 3 Ring Knurl

121 HG200

127 IM #2.5

128 IM #2.5

130 WT SM (CPW Rated 130)

145 IM #3 (MM0 Cert Gripper)

150 WT GM (CPW Rated 149)

154 IM #3

172 Atomgripz 4 Ring Knurl

173 WT E (CPW Rated 170)

182 IM #3.5

Edited by radders112
  • Like 2

Anybody bought a new GM? I looked through this a little but didn't find any specific information about the newer GM's. I know the Elites and SM have been high. I have been trying to find something around 157 to 160, thought maybe a newer GM would hit that range.

Anybody bought a new GM? I looked through this a little but didn't find any specific information about the newer GM's. I know the Elites and SM have been high. I have been trying to find something around 157 to 160, thought maybe a newer GM would hit that range.

I just got my GM in and it's a hard one I rated it at 155lb.

43 IM#S

61 IM#T
80 IM#1
87 IM#1.5
96 GHP4 / CPW 96
106 IM#2
112 IM#2
115 GHP5 / CPW 114
120 IM#2.5
126 GHP6 / CPW 125
130 BBSM
152 GHP7