Hardness Of Spiral 60d

king crusher

As for you original question, I had various spiral 60ds calibrated in the past and mine usually hit around the 210 mark.

All excellent advice here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, Mr. Sharkey. What kinds of qty's do you guys recommend for starting the progression?

Mike. Have you ever tried W-1 drill rod? If so, how does it compare to O-1?

I've experimented with a lot of steel but I've never tried W-1.

Mike. Have you ever tried W-1 drill rod? If so, how does it compare to O-1?

I've experimented with a lot of steel but I've never tried W-1.

W1 has more metals that make it brittle. Metals like zinc and carbon. Personally I wouldn't mess with it. I remember Pat P bending a piece of 3/8 or 11/32 and the hole time I was cringing hoping it wouldn't snap. It like bending key stock. It's all fun and games until it snaps and scares the shit out of you.

Yea Key stock and W-1 should be avoided, I would stick with

0-1. I used 1/4 stainless when i started, but i got it free from my

job, And honestly i just went around and found different stuff and

tried it for myself.

Thanks. I wondered about the W1.

Thanks for the link, Mr. Sharkey. What kinds of qty's do you guys recommend for starting the progression?

Honestly at the strength level of most people here, you will progress to K and L bars very quickly. L is where the real resistance begins, so one or two bars of the thinner stuff will probably be fine. M's are tough and get you into the 400# bar range (Reds are around 420-440, at least back in my day)

you get 5 x 7" bars out of each 3 foot length, so its a pretty economical training stock.

My favorite is the 19/64" bar, which is just a bit thicker than M's. Generally they are just a touch easier to kink then Reds, and have a similar crushdown. Most of the N bars I bent were a bit harder than Reds.

My order for red nails and imp are on the way! Man these red nails my sit unused for awhile it sounds like they are tough. Of course I will try it haha

My order for red nails and imp are on the way! Man these red nails my sit unused for awhile it sounds like they are tough. Of course I will try it haha

If they sit around laughing at you, it's motivation. I used to carry a red with me just to remind me to put the work in. But take it slow. Seriously train smart and don't push, your body will push back and break.