Teemu Alanen, Level 1

Cannon

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

Teemu Alanen

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

gallery_9552_18_9394.jpg

Teemu mashes the GripBoard Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1

Official Mash Monster Video

Mash Monster Profile

Height: 193cm

Weight: 113kg

Date of Feat: September 5, 2012

How Long Grip Training

2 years randomly.

Current Grip Training Program

DO deadlifts once a week and last three months gripper training every other day.

Other Training Info

Body workout 3-4 times per week.

Acknowledgements

Beforehand special thanks to anonymous brothers who have made most of my grip training equipment so now I have tools to get world class grip strength someday. And of course to my wife that she is always pissed off when I go to the gym and that gives me more strength :)

gallery_9552_18_9147.jpg

Teemu Alanen, the 83rd man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1.

Back to the Mash Monsters Main

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?

I started body workout about ten years ago but there´s been many lazy years in this period. Last three years regularly.

How did you get into grip training?

I bought my first "real" gripper (rb240) about two years ago and since then I started to focus more to my gripping.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?

What can I say? I just started my serious gripper training but I believe a good technique is a keyword on grippers.

What does your current grip routine look like?

At this moment my focus is on grippers. Good warm outs and then 1-3 reps with different grippers. I try new record each time. Mostly I include grip exercises into my other training.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?

I started regular gripper training about three months ago when I saw Paul Knight´s "how to set a gripper".

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees even with the common goal of ultimate grip strength. Have you experimented with workout frequency and it’s affect on your training?

I thought “less is more” is my thing but now when I´ve trained three to four times per week that feels good for me.

What are your favorite grip exercises?

DO deadlifts. I also use sometimes Fat Gripz and Grip4rces in different exercises. These and wrist rolling were my only grip exercises so far this June.

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?

Go to get a basic grip strength before you start any special exercises.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?

I don´t know yet.

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?

I would start the grip training many years earlier.

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?

For me it´s definitely hub lifts. For some reason my fingertips are very weak.

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?

38mm rolling handle 120kg lift locking in my right hand without training. 2-20kg leoko pinch lift and 20kg kettlebell bottom lift.

What do you believe is the most common mistake made by new grip trainees?

Too many special exercises before you are strong enough.

What do you consider to be the greatest grip feats of all time?

Nathan Holle´s GHP challenge level 9

Do you have any parting advice for readers?

Keep on gripping!

• Like 1