The Gripmas Carol

climber511

Thank you to the Rice's, its always a pleasure. And thanks to Chris, Jedd, Andrew and the rest of the sponsors.

Good group of guys, it was great seeing everyone!

Excellent numbers overall!

It's cool that everyone was able to accomplish a Silver Bullet hold.

A very strong group of guys!

Sums up my thoughts as well. Very strong bunch, and no failures on the Bullet. Impressive.

Solid numbers across the board. Sounds like it was a great time. Congrats everyone.

Very solid results overall for everyone. Well done Jedd for coming out on top and blasting through that medley.

Thank you to Chris and Teresa for hosting another great event. It was great to get to hang out with everyone and thank you to the sponsors for putting together the prize packages.

Very solid results overall for everyone. Well done Jedd for coming out on top and blasting through that medley.

Thanks Mikael.

Congrats on the win Jedd.

Looked like a great contest, well done everyone on all the big numbers

Thanks Jeff

Wow! Great numbers by all and congrats to Jedd on the win and medley perfection! Had a minute to run numbers and its pretty astounding. Without factoring in decimal weights, the average 2hp pull this year was 209, with 8 of 14 competitors over 200#. Also I'm curious about the weigh-ins.. Andrew looked a bit thinner than usual in the videos but still pulled 52# more than the 2nd place (Jedd) and 99# over 3rd place (Jake).... absolute axle domination. If his bodyweight is down like it looks, that axle might be quite a bit over 2x BW.

Looks like a bunch had some PRs - I'm curious to see how many had a PR of some sort... for the floor

Again great numbers by all and i wish i coulda been there... what a hardcore group this year!!

Andrew weighed in at 227.5# on my scales and they are like .8# heavy when point calibrated. Jedd was 248.7 and the same .8 over - I was 199.1 with the same .8 to be subtracted so call it 198.3#. We were talking after the comp and the level of strength overall was far and away higher than in years past. A performance that would have been near the top in the past didn't get you mid pack this year. The Medley alone contained almost every cert lift there is and there were things in there harder than the certs that got done - and to think Jedd got them all in a row with time to spare is insane. Next years Medley will have to be absolutely over the top to stop him. The 5 - 10s was actually 5-5K Eleiko plates - and at least half got them just as an example.

My 2HP was a competition PR.

Yes it looked like a fiercely competitive group - consistently well-rounded athletes. I'll have to work my ass off just to keep up with the pack this year! No world records though :yikes Although Jedd's performance in the medley was pretty sick, and the SB wasn't far off WR time. Will you be calibrating the gripper IM sent you for gee wiz? How'd it feel?

My weight was 248, I think. I did not cut at all and I wore all my clothes for the weigh-in. I was 243 this morning naked, right after taking a leak after getting out of bed.

Andrew's mastery of the Axle is insane. He went for a PR on his last attempt but it wasn't there. I think his middle name is either Axle or Thick Bar.

heard you attempted a WR (per Gripmas tradition).. how heavy did you try for?

I went for 271 and change. I should have had it. Really upset I didn't get it. My training has been limited quite a bit due to my hamstring injury. If you saw how I had to lift the 2HP in training in order to get a full lift, you would think I was high.

Congrats on the win, Jedd! Great to see Dave Thorton back at it.

Looks to have been quite a show put on by all!

Great job everyone!

Congrats on the win, Jedd! Great to see Dave Thorton back at it.

Looks to have been quite a show put on by all!

Thanks Eric. Dave was off his game due to some injuries and other things. The whole contest could have been much different if that were not the case.

Chris, no pinch lessons for Jake!! lol or we might have another Kody running around breaking all the records! heh I'm joking but it looks like this dude is the real deal - gonna be giving Jedd and Andrew a run for their money before long

Chris, no pinch lessons for Jake!! lol or we might have another Kody running around breaking all the records! heh I'm joking but it looks like this dude is the real deal - gonna be giving Jedd and Andrew a run for their money before long

Climber says - a year from now nobody is going to be asking "who is that guy". If you do Grip Sport - you're going to know his name. Jon - I'd love the chance to try and help him with his pinch - but not sure I want someone else beating me the way Kody did :).

Congrats to all.. Strong numbers across the board!! Big numbers on the 2-hp too... that thing must've felt good/ grippy eh!? :o

Congrats to all.. Strong numbers across the board!! Big numbers on the 2-hp too... that thing must've felt good/ grippy eh!? :o

The pinch was strange. When we started the warm up apparatus felt much better than the competition one - as the day went on it reversed. I (we) have no idea why that was but it was noticeable to all.

Just want to give a big thanks to Chris, Jedd, and Andrew along with the rest of the sponsors. This was my first Gripmas and I had an amazing time competing with some of the best.. I'll be coming back as long as it continues to go on. Jedd great job on the win brother you're a beast for sure !! Just goes to show what hard dedication can do. Great win! And watching Andrew on the axle was crazy almost seemed like there was no gravity the way he lifts those crazy high 400+. It was awesome watching you guys. The Medley was awesome, for sure the funniest event. It's very good and showing you your weak points, which is great for motivation to work even harder. Hope to see everyone soon.

• Like 1

Chris's Gripmas Carol

Silver Bullet - as everyone knows I dislike anything to do with Grippers and this event was no different. I refuse to train with them and it showed big time here - and it cost me the 93 K class title to Luke - he got such a big point lead here that it was impossible to overtake him in the next 3 events.

Euro - I got a competition PR by a few pounds here so I was very happy - it should move me up the Top 50 list a couple spots hopefully.

IM Axle - I really struggled with my fat bar in training leading up to Gripmas - I actually did a little better than in training so while it was lower than I had hoped for - it was everything I expected.

Medley - I was disgusted with myself here. I was at 25 items done and had a little time still to go and wandered around like an idiot instead of doing the inside and outside levers that I can do easily every time - stupid stupid stupid. 27 would have given me 2nd place in the event. I was still really happy with my performance here - Medleys seem to be good for me.

Overall I was satisfied but I should have trained the Silver Bullet - shoulda woulda coulda - but...................

Congrats to Jedd on coming out on top ! That medley run was sick brother ! Great numbers across the board for everyone too. Really bummed I couldn't make it out this time. I'm glad to hear everyone did well and no injuries. Brent...hope that leg heals up quickly ! Sorry to hear about that. I know your 2hp numbers were lookin pretty good last time we were there. Maybe I can see some of you at Mighty Mitts this year. ? Can't wait to watch Andrew and Jedd do there thing on the big stage in March ! Another great comp Chris ! Congrats on your 2hp PR ! Missed you guys !

Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 2

Thanks man. Missed you too. Was hoping you'd make it.

• Like 1

Just want to give a big thanks to Chris, Jedd, and Andrew along with the rest of the sponsors. This was my first Gripmas and I had an amazing time competing with some of the best.. I'll be coming back as long as it continues to go on. Jedd great job on the win brother you're a beast for sure !! Just goes to show what hard dedication can do. Great win! And watching Andrew on the axle was crazy almost seemed like there was no gravity the way he lifts those crazy high 400+. It was awesome watching you guys. The Medley was awesome, for sure the funniest event. It's very good and showing you your weak points, which is great for motivation to work even harder. Hope to see everyone soon.

Thanks Jake!

I have been putting all of the videos I've uploaded here, in the Diesel Crew section of the board: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=43315

If you could hit the "Thumbs Up" Like button, I'd really appreciate it. It really helps out my channel, plus it can make videos rank better and spread the word about Grip Sport. Thank you.

We had hosted in May this year the competition - 3 disciplines:

SB, axle, Euro Pinch. The best combination.
Congrats to all competitors, special for Jedd and Andrew! Amazing results on awesome events!
  • Like 1