• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• twig

• Paul Knight

Congrats, Steve!

Sam, train hard and you'll get it next time, bro :rock

Congrats Steve, and my regrets Sam. That last bit on that gripper is tough and has stopped some very strong gripper closers their first time attempting it.

On to the MM4 for you Steve! They only get more fun from here on out! :rock

- Aaron

Great Job Steve!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Next time for sure Sam now you know your opponent!!!

Definitely next time, Sam :rock 'grats Steve :rock

Congrats Steve! Sam, next time you eat it :)

As an appetizer :D

Edited by Magnus

The gripper is on it's way back, Eric!! :D

Thanks, Sam. And nice try with what is a very difficult gripper, even for most of those who have managed to shut it. You'll get it.

And way to make it look not so difficult, Steve!

Thanks - I can't say i didn't give it my all Eric. Next time i'll have it. I can close a #3.5 on a good day (and tuesday was as good a day as any for my grippers) - and this was not enough. So i would suggest people wait until they are a way above the #3.5 level before attempting it. In my opinion, the MM3 is harder than the 3.65 euro rated BBSE. Anyone who can close this MM3 is truly at an elite (or should i say super-elite) level of crushing.

This is my main grip goal now for 2009.

Keep training hard guys.

Sam

Edited by CoC#3

Thanks, Sam. And nice try with what is a very difficult gripper, even for most of those who have managed to shut it. You'll get it.

It was actually a little harder than I expected it to be and I can see why people get caught out. I was thinking between a BBE and a BBSE which is what it is more or less. But it is not easy at one point and hard at another, it's the same pressure throughout.

I'd done all my usual prep before a big lift. Slept well, ate well, not rushed over etc etc. I even took the idea, from the last two times, of a little leg work as a form of testosterone release. I'd had my coffee before hand the lot.

So I was expecting it to more or less be as above and that is, for me, a warm up for bigger grippers. I've done a few times a BBE left handed and I work to a 4 right handed. Yet, as you might see on the full video, there's a look of 'what the heck' on my face on the first close and even a moment of 'did the handles touch??'. Paul Knight and Chad had both tolds me, via PM, 'you'll get this' and I did. But it's a serious gripper. I was actually a little annoyed with myself for almost being too 'oh yeah, no problem' about it. So the second and third attempts were 'bang that **** down and crush it'.

As and when I get to have a pop at the MM4 I'll not make the same lackadaisical 'no problem for me' mistake again.

Awesome writeups Sam and Steve very helpful!!!

It was actually a little harder than I expected it to be and I can see why people get caught out. I was thinking between a BBE and a BBSE which is what it is more or less. But it is not easy at one point and hard at another, it's the same pressure throughout.

I'd done all my usual prep before a big lift. Slept well, ate well, not rushed over etc etc. I even took the idea, from the last two times, of a little leg work as a form of testosterone release. I'd had my coffee before hand the lot.

So I was expecting it to more or less be as above and that is, for me, a warm up for bigger grippers. I've done a few times a BBE left handed and I work to a 4 right handed. Yet, as you might see on the full video, there's a look of 'what the heck' on my face on the first close and even a moment of 'did the handles touch??'. Paul Knight and Chad had both tolds me, via PM, 'you'll get this' and I did. But it's a serious gripper. I was actually a little annoyed with myself for almost being too 'oh yeah, no problem' about it. So the second and third attempts were 'bang that **** down and crush it'.

As and when I get to have a pop at the MM4 I'll not make the same lackadaisical 'no problem for me' mistake again.

thats weird - it felt like an easy sweep to me and then that last 1/4" feels kinda like someone put a pencil eraser between the handles. I think you have so much momentum Steve when you close that you didn't get to experience the last 1/4" - I think if you slowly shut it, you would have felt that ramping

Good job hammering this one out too Steve!

Great attempt Sam! Thought it was classy that you admitted you had a good day and it still wasn't shut. I felt nearly the same way when I went for my attempt. Difference is, my failure kicked my butt for a while and yours is stoking you for further action. Very nice way to approach it.

Thanks Ben. MM3 and kicking arse at this years BHSA champs are my only grip goals now for this year. Are you ever going to get back into grippers like you were and give the MM3 another go?

Thanks Ben. MM3 and kicking arse at this years BHSA champs are my only grip goals now for this year. Are you ever going to get back into grippers like you were and give the MM3 another go?

Probably not.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8393

Got a still from the vid - this is from my first attempt at the MM3.

dang! you were almost there!!!!!!!!! sign-up again in a month! A good way to figure out if you are ready for the MM3 is to be able to close any and every #3.5 that you come across and be able to do it 3 times in 15 min - don't close a 3.5 on the easier side and think that you may be ready - actually search out as many 3.5's that you can find and try to smash them all - if you are successful, then you are ready.