Is This A New Gripper?

Teemu I

Very interesting. Give us the scoop Randy!

The new IronMind catalog is in the mail, but I wanted everyone to be able to see what's coming—even before they get their catalog—so that's why I posted the cover shot in the IronMind news column.

Sorry that I've been so lame about the forum that Bill nicely let me have because IronMind is a Gripboard sponsor—should this conversation be over there or is it ok where it is (here)?

Also want to say a Big Thank You to everyone for your interest in Zenith—it's got some things going for it that are pretty special.

• Like 2

Ok—at least I knew I was lame about how to use this forum, but I didn't realize quite how bad it was: just realized that this is in the area I asked about. :excl:

• Like 1

The main question is... When do we get to buy them?

• Like 2

The main question is... When do we get to buy them?

I like to add, how strong do they come and how many models will there be...the answer will be sometime in the future, we shall all know!

Edited by John McCarter

Very nice looking grippers, I'm anxious to see more about them. The race will be on to certify first! (won't be me)

Tom

They look well designed Randy! I like the taper to them. If that extends down to the bottom of the handles, it gives them a 'beyond-the-range' as part of the design.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these badboys - they look fantastic

were the prototypes tested by any Captains of Crush (Joe Kinney maybe...)? who has tried one? what are they like? are they the same springs as the COCs? in the same ranges? handle thickness? separate certification list? same rules? selling knurled COCs and smooth handled Zeniths longterm? any likelihood of knurled Zeniths and smooth COCs? mini-Zenith looking IMTUGS?...

oh too many questions - I can actually feel the onset of a GOPD attack, I'm giddy with excitement, I think I'm hyperventilating a bit...

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these badboys - they look fantastic

were the prototypes tested by any Captains of Crush (Joe Kinney maybe...)? who has tried one? what are they like? are they the same springs as the COCs? in the same ranges? handle thickness? separate certification list? same rules? selling knurled COCs and smooth handled Zeniths longterm? any likelihood of knurled Zeniths and smooth COCs? mini-Zenith looking IMTUGS?...

oh too many questions - I can actually feel the onset of a GOPD attack, I'm giddy with excitement, I think I'm hyperventilating a bit...

If there was any test subjects for "Zenith" I wouldn't have mind to be one of the testers for it, but I wasn't; guess I'll just have to wait for it just like everybody else.

That is a nice looking gripper.

Interesting name: Wiki definition:

The term zenith is sometimes used to refer to the highest point reached by a celestial body during its apparent orbit around a given point of observation

I can't tell on the size. From the look of the spring, and if that band is in the middle of the handle, it seems in between a standard gripper and IMTUG.

I'm thinking that maybe IronMind should do a prize for the best guesses—not sure how we could set that up, but I'm open to suggestions.

Gripper seems to be filed/tapered inside the handles. Smooth handles and it appears to have a narrower spread...possibly a gripper used to to train beyond the range as well as help with the set/placing and TNS...my two cents

Are they releasing before the new year, Randy? Don't keep us waiting for that long! It's not fair to those grippers!

I am really enjoying reading these posts—shows how many details you guys are thinking about.

I will probably post some information on Zenith a little later today and in the meantime, want to thank everyone again for your interest and for all these good guesses—I think you guys are going to love this gripper . . . it's not a substitute for Captains of Crush Grippers, but rather a complement.

I am really enjoying reading these posts—shows how many details you guys are thinking about.

I will probably post some information on Zenith a little later today and in the meantime, want to thank everyone again for your interest and for all these good guesses—I think you guys are going to love this gripper . . . it's not a substitute for Captains of Crush Grippers, but rather a complement.

I will be looking forward to the day when I have one within my hand!

I will be looking forward to the day when I have one within my hand!

Thank you!

• Like 1