Andrew’s Gym

19820 Merriman Rd

Romulus, MI 48174

Open Class. Weigh in for Records purposes

Weigh In will begin at 5:00 PM

Rules at 6:30 PM

Contest Start Time - 7 PM

Events

Rolling thunder if you can provide a new style handle.

All Normal NAGS Rules will apply as well as Ironmind Rules for all the events.

Entry Fee is $10 to be paid to Andrew Pantke by paypal, mail or cash day of. There will be the normal liability release form to be signed at the contest.

Mail or E-mail entry form to

Andrew Pantke

19820 Merriman Rd

Romulus MI 48174

awpantke@mtu.edu

Name:

Address:

Street:

City:

State:

Zip:

Email:

Expected Weight Class:

Gripboard/World of Grip forum name:

• Like 1

I'm thinking the Hub and Horn will take the most time the last 2 events should run fast.

Four attempts to all species or rising bar system?

Is this rule at use at your comp: "The free hand may NOT be used to brace against the opposing leg." ?

I mean IM Hub & Little Big Horn

Juha. I was going to use the Horn rules used for the King Kong. Do you know if Ironmind allows bracing with the off hand?

I agree.

Btw my comment above was definitely not sarcastic.. Ive always wondered how many who run comps can start them as early in the day as like 9 am. Im not exactly an early bird, but even if i was i would have to be up and at it by 2 am to be able to perform at optimal level by 9 am. Competing early in the day, for me, would only represent my base strength with almost no warm up, and most definitely my CNS not yet in the equation. And im willing to bet that most have a similar anatomy, but just dont know it, and could possibly put up waaay better numbers in a comp if they waited until later in the day. (Noon or later)

So while it may be a bummer for a comp to run into the late evening after starting later in the day, i say its worth it. And for those who havent tried training grip after a long days work, i recommend trying it out and seeing what you think. You'll likely be surprised.

Most of my training happens later in the afternoon as well. Most contest I need the first 2 events just to wake up my CNS. I'm curious to see what Kody can do if he is on his normal sleep and training schedual. The only bummer is my hands are going to be fried after gripmas.

• Like 2

Juha. I was going to use the Horn rules used for the King Kong. Do you know if Ironmind allows bracing with the off hand?

I think IronMind don´t allow it and it´s good. I just want to be sure of everything because our contest have same species.

I know that my am lifts are terrible compared to when I train in the late day. I believe Kody works goofy shifts from when I've talked to him. honestly I've never understood how people working those hours even function.

Thanks Juha. No bracing on any of the lifts. Also I'm going to get a new COC #2 mines old.

" :glare: Someday I'll have to brake my habit of bracing everything."

• Like 1

Sounds great Andrew, count me in!

I'll probably be coming straight from a job site so I should do better then I normally do lol!

Just about every one of my big PR's in grip have come after a decent (but not crazy) day of work.

I better start training the silver bullet right now!...when Dave and I messed around with it during the King Kong I was only able to hold it for about 5 or 6 seconds...lots of work to do!

My work hours have been pretty hairy for the last few years so this will be interesting no doubt. 99% of my grip training happens between 9pm and 4am so maybe I could feel normal competing for once. Hopefully everything works out well for everybody. Driving home from King Kong was very dangerous for me. Drifting asleep at the wheel was scary as hell. I looked over at my 13 year old son sleeping in the passenger seat and told myself this is the last time Im competing without any or very little sleep. I almost killed both of us. Wont be doin this anymore. Unfortunately Gripmas is one I will miss this year. Thanks to Andrew for time adjustment on this contest ! That is very appreciated ! Redemption time on the Little Big Horn !!

Edited by kodyburns

wow perhaps we'll see some scary feats from Mr Burns in a night contest... i've seen it many nights training up in greenville, the dude hits another level as i'm running out of gas. It was truly an honor and an experience of a lifetime as a grip competitor seeing the cutting edge of human capability in grip strength. That big horn record will be out of reach soon enough - it will likely be massacred.. i'll be looking forward to seeing everyone's best as the michigan and ohio grip bosses do battle with the finnish legends!

wow perhaps we'll see some scary feats from Mr Burns in a night contest... i've seen it many nights training up in greenville, the dude hits another level as i'm running out of gas. It was truly an honor and an experience of a lifetime as a grip competitor seeing the cutting edge of human capability in grip strength. That big horn record will be out of reach soon enough - it will likely be massacred.. i'll be looking forward to seeing everyone's best as the michigan and ohio grip bosses do battle with the finnish legends!

Thanks Bro ! I think sometimes certain people can bring the best out in a person. You were that person who had the knowledge and foresight to open up some new ways to challenge and push me. Getting to train with you was one of the best things that could of happened to me. I can guarantee some of the things I've accomplished would have never happened without your help ! Hopefully we will meet up again at a contest in the near future !

Talking with Juha and he pointed out a few things I overlooked.The Ironmind rules will override the NAGS rules for this contest. For example for the hub you get 1 minute to do finish your attempt not a single pull.

You will have an alloted time for the C2D challenge as well. Cant remember the exact time, but you get something like 2 minutes for all 3 implements no matter how many attempts.

Yes, The challenge must be completed within three minutes of starting the first event.

"Funny" challenge because 90kg @ new model rolling thunder (fresh handle, out of the box) is challenging but IM#2 @ CCS and 20kg @ new hub is like peanut butter. :grin:

• Like 2

Agree the 200lb Rolling thunder is whats going to stop me. It's 3 minutes for the 3 lifts.

• Like 2

Contact with Randall and Ironmind that the Hub and Horn will be done with last man standing rules. You will have 60 seconds to make a lift and if you get it you keep going up. Highest weight wins. Thanks Juha for following up with Randall to get the details.

Contact with Randall and Ironmind that the Hub and Horn will be done with last man standing rules. You will have 60 seconds to make a lift and if you get it you keep going up. Highest weight wins. Thanks Juha for following up with Randall to get the details.

How does this work for record purposes ? Can you just keep going up in weight to try to break record if no one else has lifted more ?

How does this work for record purposes ? Can you just keep going up in weight to try to break record if no one else has lifted more ?

Also can you make more than 1 attempt in that minute time frame ?

Also can you make more than 1 attempt in that minute time frame ?

it looks like ya can.. hopefully cuz the anvil usually stifles people on first attempts.. seems like when i miss one or two attempts after progressively reaching near-max, i'll pull it strong on the mulligan attempt... bad for NAGs contests cuz most people won't get to their training max - but if IM rules allow mulligans (within a minute) then all bets are off brotha!! Keep training those sledge walks and you'll probably hit 250 at some point

• 4 weeks later...