Possible Fort Worth Grip Contest

EricMilfeld

Who would be interested in competing in a spring contest?

Me and Cody!

Cool! That's six of us. I guess we'll have a contest.

Zach and I

I'm there.

Excellent! Will probably be able to run a date by everyone for approval within the next day or so. Probably March...

If Zach is going to be there, IM hub must be contested. Make his WR hub power official.

Does Saturday, March 2nd work for everyone?

We will definitely contest 20mm block set grippers, Euro, and IM axle. There will also be a fourth event...

I'm on call that weekend. How about the weekend before or after ?

I'm on call that weekend. How about the weekend before or after ?

Okay. So, does March 9th work for everyone?

In case it matters, that is usually the same date as the Arnold Classic.

It is sometimes difficult to prepare for multiple contests at once.

I know as someone who has competed at the Arnold, it would be tough for me to prepare for both, and I am hoping to travel to some more comps in 2013...

In case it matters, that is usually the same date as the Arnold Classic.

It is sometimes difficult to prepare for multiple contests at once.

I know as someone who has competed at the Arnold, it would be tough for me to prepare for both, and I am hoping to travel to some more comps in 2013...

Are you considering coming down, Jedd? My concerns were to not schedule it too close to Nationals and yet give guys enough time to prepare.

I wouldnt mind making the drive up to Ft. Worth to compete... I def have not trained grip once since shortly after the 2011 Arnold Classic... and I cannot guarantee I would train for this as I have been boxing a lot, but I would like to see all you guys and make an appearance!

I wouldnt mind making the drive up to Ft. Worth to compete... I def have not trained grip once since shortly after the 2011 Arnold Classic... and I cannot guarantee I would train for this as I have been boxing a lot, but I would like to see all you guys and make an appearance!

That would be great, Ross!

Okay, so for the fourth and final event how about we do the IM hub for max weight.

Is that plate load able IM hb? I have the piece that attaches to the loading pin

Where is Paul these days?

Yeah, plate loadable. I never train hub, but with a couple of hub-monsters competing I better start.

Paul just up and abandoned his grip brothers and moved to some place that starts with an "O".

Actually, he had a job transfer to Ohio. Great opportunity for him and a big loss for DFW grip.

How strict is the thumb position going to be judged on the hub, as per IM rules or must the thumb be completely straight?

How strict is the thumb position going to be judged on the hub, as per IM rules or must the thumb be completely straight?

Which would you prefer?

IM rules; I don't see anything wrong with having a slight bend the thumb. The silver bullet hold in last years Metroflex contest was judged as per IM rules being an IM product, so why not judge the hub based on the same grounds?

The contest will be held Saturday, March 9th at my house in north Ft. Worth.

Weigh-ins will start at 11AM, lifting at 1PM.

Entry fee is $20, payable on contest day.

Order of Events: Euro, grippers 20mm block set, IronMind Axle, IronMind Hub (IM rules)

All standard rules apply, including four attempts per event, with the Rounds System being used.

We will not contest weight classes, but records will be kept according to your weight class.