My Bending Session

Rens

Hello all,

Today I did receive my new bending wraps (suede) from David Horne's webshop. I am really happy with the padds.

IMG_20141219_1514171_zps323a4355.jpg

Afther I did received the padds I did start a bending session. I feel that I did made a good step in the right direction :)

I did made some videos for you guys. In my previous video did I get some advice of some guys, I took this advice in my bending technique.

Let me know your opinion, thanks for watching!

Ooh, merry christmas to all :grin:

Rens

All 60 D- naills

Video 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7W9Ai0-SD0&list=UU81IXaaILdeycwx1vpALfEQ

Video 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFoe0U4NWIo&feature=youtu.be

Video 3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3vQQNTrDo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Rens

i have one big problem with all these bends. you lean back to get the bar into position and you stay leaned back while you kink. NONONONONONONONONO. you are losing a ton of power. get bar into position. Tuck chin over bar. Then kink. you will notice your power will sky rocket.

• Like 1

Yeah don't lean back that far, also get some chalk for your hands.

• Like 1

A lot better, those suede pads look more comfortable for you! Nice bends! Listen to ej, your technique is sooo much better than it was just a few small changes and those bolts you have will go down.

Good stuff!

• Like 1

i have one big problem with all these bends. you lean back to get the bar into position and you stay leaned back while you kink. NONONONONONONONONO. you are losing a ton of power. get bar into position. Tuck chin over bar. Then kink. you will notice your power will sky rocket.

Okee I did see in other videos from Justin Straussner that he also leaned a little back to get the bar into position. But I am going to listen to you and try to not lean back. Thanks for your comment!

Thanks! Chalk is comming soon.

leaning back is fine, hell i do it as well. what needs to stop is leaning back while kinking the bar. you will have so much power if that stops. it will take time, but be aware you are leaning back on the kink.

A lot better, those suede pads look more comfortable for you! Nice bends! Listen to ej, your technique is sooo much better than it was just a few small changes and those bolts you have will go down.

Good stuff!

Thanks Joshw, your help and advice did helped alot! And indeed I feel more comfortable with these pads. In the next bend session I am going to work on the advice from Ej and do some more volume with the 60D nails :)

leaning back is fine, hell i do it as well. what needs to stop is leaning back while kinking the bar. you will have so much power if that stops. it will take time, but be aware you are leaning back on the kink.

Oooooh while kinking? And afther you kink it than you may lean a little bit back? Do you have more leverage if you don't lean back? Is that the reason you better can't lean back while kinking.?

I like to power down when I bend, leaning back slightly only to get the bar under my neck then put all my upper body into the bend

When you lean back you can't engage your neck, shoulders and upper back. Since you are leaned back the shoulder are used to stabilize your back and neck. So now all you have is your chest and wrists. I've said this for years, let the big muscles do all the work. And just use hands and wrists to guide the force generated by shoulders and back.

• Like 3

Okee I did see in other videos from Justin Straussner that he also leaned a little back to get the bar into position. But I am going to listen to you and try to not lean back. Thanks for your comment!

Thanks! Chalk is comming soon.

JT had a little bit of flexibility issue sometimes. Amazingly strong dude with a technique you won't be able to replicate.