Bending 5/16" X 6.5" Crs

Frank Pizzo

I wanted to begin cutting 5/16" size stock from 7" down 1/2" at a time and try my hand at some different bends now that I feel I've gotten a little better.

I tried documenting this bend pretty carefully other than it not being calibrated stock. This is in case I begin attempting video certs I figure I should get some practice, plus it makes the bends a bit more legit.

As always thanks for checking it out...next video attempt will be cut down to 6"

• Like 3

Good work Frank.

I've always been in the mindset that unless it's some cert I don't care at all to prove anything. Ppl can enjoy the vid but honestly I wouldn't care if someone didn't believe it. We all know what's what, So personally I think it's just as legit Frank.

I don't even usually watch ppl weighing plates and stuff like that after a feat.

That was fast. Congrats on that bend. I look forward to seeing you bend the 6"

How strong do you think that 6.5" crs felt compared to a red?

Good work Frank.

I've always been in the mindset that unless it's some cert I don't care at all to prove anything. Ppl can enjoy the vid but honestly I wouldn't care if someone didn't believe it. We all know what's what, So personally I think it's just as legit Frank.

I don't even usually watch ppl weighing plates and stuff like that after a feat.

Thanks man, I'm actually the same way...I really only watch when someone weighs plates if its for the grip board feat lists.

That was fast. Congrats on that bend. I look forward to seeing you bend the 6" How strong do you think that 6.5" crs felt compared to a red?

Thanks Josh, I couldn't tell a difference on the kink, but the crush felt a bit harder than the Reds I've bent thus far.

Thanks Josh, I couldn't tell a difference on the kink, but the crush felt a bit harder than the Reds I've bent thus far.

Well that answered my question. Great bend, looked like butter.

Well done. Crush is definitely harder. On 6" the sweep becomes very tough due to the reduced space for your hands.

• Like 1

Strong bend :rock

Well done. Crush is definitely harder. On 6" the sweep becomes very tough due to the reduced space for your hands.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate you checking out my bending stuff man. The sweep might give me some trouble when I go for the 6" piece. And to be clear, I have tried 6" x 5/16" stock before and failed on the sweep but it was quite a long way back so I'm optimistic that I can get it now. Both my sweep and crush have gotten the bulk of my training attention lately while bending.

Do you have a plan to cert the red nail?

Simple answer is no. However I plan on certing it at some point. Grip training is by far my main focus and takes up most of my recovery ability. I bend, and enjoy bending, but I am not focusing on it per se. As I continue to get better, and can consistently bend Reds anytime I feel like (as opposed to now which is hit or miss) then I will try for the cert.

Strong bend

Thank you very much Alawadhi!

Your steppin on the reds heals Frank!

Thanks Jose!

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than start another thread I thought I would throw my latest video into this one since it's along the same lines and isn't a full bend anyways.

I cut a piece of 5/16" CRS down to 6" and gave it a go in just IMP's.

I couldn't get it past 3", but the last time I attempted this bend was a month or so ago and couldn't get it past 3 3/8"....with doubles. So this was a solid PR for me, but I am a bit bummed I couldn't finish this one off. I went into the bend pretty confident after killing a 6.5" piece in IMP's, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Next time......

As always thanks for checking out my stuff.