Double Overhand Grade 5 Bolt 166.3kg @6" Bend

JoshW

Nice job Josh, you are moving up through bends pretty fast using Double Overhand style....will you still be training Reverse or are you giving it a break for a while?

Reverse is a very hard style as you plateau a lot with it. I will be focusing on DO for now but doing wrist developer sessions atleast once a week to maintain my level of reversing but will hit it hard after Christmas.

Bent a 6" piece of CRS as well that cal'd at 404lbs! crush was too hard though but I have been enjoying DO a lot!

Reverse is a very hard style as you plateau a lot with it.

Definitely!

I've only done a little Reverse bending overall, but I could never get more than a few degrees out of a Grade 5 with that style, and with Double Overhand I was bending those basically day one.

It's definitely a very technical style.

Any idea what your G5's cal at?

Haven't bent any that were officially calibrated, but they are usually around 400 lbs give or take at 6" according to ratings data.

Thats what we are here for, no? To support one another, Ive had my differences with ppl here on the board but nonetheless we are a small group of determined people with the common goal of achieving what few have endeavored to achieve, what are we if not brethren!

• Like 2

Thats what we are here for, no? To support one another, Ive had my differences with ppl here on the board but nonetheless we are a small group of determined people with the common goal of achieving what few have endeavored to achieve, what are we if not brethren!

Hell yes brother! I am one of very very few in the UK bending steel.

Nice job on an outstanding milestone. The grade 5 is no joke and yes they are springy but that will pale in comparison to the springiness of the G8s when you get one of those.

Thank you for your kind words ! I plan on getting a G8 maybe next week!

It was a good bend, but don't get ahead of yourself. A g8 is around 227kg. So be ready for a vicious fight. Do volume work with the G5 and you will have a g8 soon, very soon.