Ccs #3, Elite And #3 Three Fingers

king crusher

Tonight I decided to do some gripper closes.

My warm up was 3 quick reps on a 1 and 3 quick reps on a 2.

First is a ccs #3 and it honestly felt easy.

Then I went for my 166 elite and got it to about an eight. Tried a second attempt and was a little wider.

Then went for the three with three fingers. I got it so close it had to be literally a sliver. Only I knew it didn't close but I know it was a hair. Having the pinky hang off the end makes the set and last bit a lot harder as its so awkward. Because of this it has always eluded me. I've got it to a sliver on many occasions.

The time between the ccs and elite attempt was all during the same dumb song on the radio. So very close

Ccs 3

Elite 166 near miss

#3 three fingers

• Like 5

awesome griping....I took that elite frame by frame, it may just of been the video but looked like it may have touched at one point... if it wasn't closed then you can't get any closer without shutting it...nice work

Thanks man. Yeah it was extremely close but I can't take credit for a close cuz I know it wasn't. I have closed it before though. Thanks!

I have a vid of it closed on my YouTube back some months ago you can see

Edited by king crusher

Very easy on the ccs rep man! You should send that thing to Cannon or Jedd to get rated and get an idea of where this thing sits poundage wise. Then hit this double cert like a boss!

• Like 2

Just watched it.....looked easy, awesome stuff....you planning on climbing the mash monster rankings?

Durrs thanks man. I've asked cannon about it and he doesn't rate pre owned grippers. I'm sure it's an avg 3 as I've tried a couple that were easier. One much easier. It would be nice to know. I may just order a rated 3 instead rather then hassle with it. I'd like to file a 3 but not this one cuz it's the old style.

Thanks grass, it would be fun but to be 100% honest I don't have the passion to go through all the hurdles to do the mm ladder. I have a pretty busy hectic life lol.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 2

Mark, Cannon is doing the rate and return program now. Check his site.

• Like 2

Good stuff buddy! Mind you only, and I mean nothing to dish your CCS, but I was up in the same league, I could MMS an Elite @169 and CCS a 'lower' #3. But you might want to up that before thinking of certing. That was an error of my side also. I want to make sure now I can consistently close a #3.5 from MMS or deep set at the least. New #3's around average rating are stiff and you will need that last bit of closing strength. A more seasoned gripper makes the sweep just that little bit 'easier'. My cert gripper was definitely not a 150 lbs gripper.

I missed my cert by a freakin millimeter and it's not an experience I can recommend anyone lol I could bash my head through a wall at that point.

Apart from that, CC closing an Ironmind #3 gripper is a good feat of strength still in my book. Low or high rating. Looked solid!

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Very fast closes. Do you do anything to train speed?

No chops, I don't follow a structured plan I just do some random closes when the urge strikes me. Pretty sad I know.

Good stuff buddy! Mind you only, and I mean nothing to dish your CCS, but I was up in the same league, I could MMS an Elite @169 and CCS a 'lower' #3. But you might want to up that before thinking of certing. That was an error of my side also. I want to make sure now I can consistently close a #3.5 from MMS or deep set at the least. New #3's around average rating are stiff and you will need that last bit of closing strength. A more seasoned gripper makes the sweep just that little bit 'easier'. My cert gripper was definitely not a 150 lbs gripper.

I missed my cert by a freakin millimeter and it's not an experience I can recommend anyone lol I could bash my head through a wall at that point.

Apart from that, CC closing an Ironmind #3 gripper is a good feat of strength still in my book. Low or high rating. Looked solid!

thanks geralt. Yeah I'm not planning to cert at this time. That's why I wouldn't mind having a heavy rated 3 to use.

Ha! Damn strong for not chasing after grippers hard!!

Lol thanks chops. I've had the grippers for 10 years now so even though I don't use them on any set schedule, maybe squeeze them a couple times a month up to 3-4 times a month when I have a goal I'll only do maybe six closes at a time, I have long built up a good base for them.

I get a small fire for things than move on to another thing. So now I will use the grippers a little more and let my hands heal from bending. Deep tissue pain sucks!

What are some goals now....?

Trying out bending in the next few weeks, but my big goal is MM0 this month.

I think it would be cool to double cert but it's not a huge passion to do it. I have a newborn and toddler which take up a lot of the little free time I have.

Wow. Mine are 5 and 7. I understand. They love training grippers with me!!

• Like 3