Road To 1200

KRC

2HP:

5x5 @ 100

12lb Lever to Face:

Singles up to top of pointer finger at 7" from bottom of handle Right and 10" Left. Arm dipped a tad on the 7". Finished with some full 8lb lever singles.

Grippers

Up to

3xF @ IM 2.5 Right

3xF @ BBM 5/8" Left

Forced closed + negatives.

2x10s @ IM 2 Explosive choker closes Right

2x5s @ IM 2 Explosive choker closes Left

First and third 2.5 attempts were almost closed. Filed the #2 just a little for the choker closes and I'll keep filing little by little.

Nice job, filing the #2 little by little will go a long way

Nice job, filing the #2 little by little will go a long way

Thanks man, that's what I'm hoping!

Grippers

Up to

1xF @ IM 2.5 Right

1xF @ BBM 5/8" Left

1x10s @ Filed IM 1.5

Forced closed + negatives.

2HP: warmed up to

1 - 100

1 - 112.5

1 - 122.5

F - 130

F - 130

F - 130

With a 44mm wood block. Got about 6 inches of air each attempt but couldn't bring it up. Felt strong though. Will hit it next week. I'm also gonna try to find a better place to train pinch too as drops make my already neurotic landlord more neurotic.

Front Lever: 5x5 @ 28" R/28.5" L

Rear Lever: 5x5 @ 20.5" R/ 21" L

Sup/Pro: 5x5 @ 26.5" R/27" L

BJJ

75 minutes of takedowns and TD defense.

Also bent a bunch of random galvanized 6" nails before rolling. I'm gonna wait till I close my 159lb #3 before I bend regularly and with any intensity, but it's damn hard to resist bending the stock I bought last week.

Grippers

Up to:

2xF @ IM 2.5 Right

3xF @ BBM 5/8" Left

Right before my last attempt on the 2.5 my dog puked all over my house as she tried to run out the back door and I ran after her with my Sport in my hand. Sat out there for a few minutes with her and thought about "walking" my fingers up the gripper as I set it, and how I never tried it before. Came back in and gave it a go on the 2.5 and ground the handles together pretty easily.

I will now be walking my fingers up full time, lol :trout

Celebrated by bending a 6" piece of 1/4" CRS in under 2 minutes on my first attempt (the LAST steel I will bend until I close the 3). Time to close the Grand Master!

Good work on the 2.5!

Have you tried pinching wider? 44mm is really thin. When I was using wood, I glued two 2x4s together then ripped it to about 55mm on a table saw.

Good work on the 2.5!

Have you tried pinching wider? 44mm is really thin. When I was using wood, I glued two 2x4s together then ripped it to about 55mm on a table saw.

Thanks!

Yeah combining different cuts together is exactly what I plan to do. My local lumber supplier is really generous about cutting too, as I don't have any decent equipment myself. As far as I know there isn't standard timber that is exactly 2" (51mm) wide, so being creative seems to be the only way (or just going all in for the 2HP itself!).

My hands are very small (for my size especially, but "overall" too) so I'll try a few widths, but I'm thinking something closer to 50 would work well for me.

V2 Gripper:

Up to:

RH

F - L12

F - L12

1 - L12

F - BBGM (little less than a cm)

LH

F - L10

F - L10

1 - L10

F - L11

Overcrushes:

3x10s @ Filed IM 2 Right

3x10s @ Filed IM 1.5 Left

Did better than I thought I would with the Vulcan. The palm handle was sliding around all over the place as I tried to even get my fingers on the other handle. Damn short fingers. Regardless I'm gonna start using the V2 for one of my 2 weekly gripper work outs. Might still just go for 1RM both sessions, might not, but mixing it up is gonna be good.

The V2 is crazy hard to set. Its a major limiting factor. You should throw in some reps since you will be able to perform multiple reps once you get a good set on a certain level but then the set will stop you from getting even 1 rep on the next level up when you're working near your threshold. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 100

1 - 115

1 - 122.5

F - 130

1 - 130

Found some 3/4" (9mm) wood laying around my house... after the pinch set. So i'm gonna go buy some bolts and make the pinch 53mm later tonite.

12lb Lever to Face:

Up to:

Right:

1 - 9"

F - 6"

F - 6"

F - 6"

Left:

1 - 12"

F - 9"

F - 9"

F - 9"

Focused on strictly keeping the arm straight out or the hand slightly higher than the shoulder and these were tough.

The V2 is crazy hard to set. Its a major limiting factor. You should throw in some reps since you will be able to perform multiple reps once you get a good set on a certain level but then the set will stop you from getting even 1 rep on the next level up when you're working near your threshold. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah man it makes perfect sense. I've been wanting to add in a 3RM day or something like that instead of just blasting away on my TSG's day after day. So i'll keep playing around with things, but for now I'm gonna try this going foward:

Monday - off

Tuesday - Gripper Max (TSG 1RM)

Wednesday - Pinch Max, Lever Max

Thursday - off

Friday - off

Saturday - Gripper Volume (V2 max reps on the highest level I can set)

Sunday - Pinch Volume, Lever Volume

I'll see how that goes for a while.

great routine bro. Yeah that V2 is a beeotch to set at first. Maybe add in just V2 set practice on another day. When I needed setting strength I did it as often as I could. Set the highest level you can set, which is probably not a perfect set when a max effort, and over time that level will set easier until it goes right to where you want it, then take it to the next level. You don't have to close the V2, just practice the set. I use the V2 for reps, holds, setting practice and sweep work (TNS and CCS). It's a really good plan you have to have a max TSG day and a V2 rep day. You gain set and sweep strength with the V2, but lose closing max power if not doing TSGs.

Looking forward to the 19th. I'll bring a bunch of goodies. Anything in particular you want to do just let me know and I can make sure to bring it. I'm definitely thinking grippers, 2HP, axle (gym has one), blobs, shallow hub, and maybe some fun bends afterwards. :grin: Will probably do a full deadlift session on the axle too, and try and see high much I can DO hook grip on it. Last time 393 was easy.

Edited by daniel reinard

Damn dude, 393?! Prepare to be blown away by my 185 :laugh

Given how much stuff you'll be lugging back and forth, I can come to you instead of meeting in Berkeley (unless you already committed to meeting others there). The trip out to Concord isn't as long as I though it would be and is no problem for me. Let me know.

I assume you have the CROM spring? If not I can bring my V2. I'll also bring my BBGM and MASH the handles shut. I'd love to get my hands on some bending stock too as all I have right now is 1/4" CRS with a washcloth wrapped around the whole bar (though I fully expect a bigger bend to put me out of grip training for a few days, lol). It's so hard to stay away once you bend a few bars!

393 was with a hook grip, not legal for grip contests but still fun to lift. I have the black dipped spring. Bring your V2, I'd like to try the CROM. Berkeley doesn't matter, i'm used to hauling the gear around. We can wing it when the day nears. I will bring bending stock and wraps for sure, I have too much. Looking forward to it!

V2 Gripper:

Up to:

RH

3 - L10

5 - L9

LH

10 - L8

I'll move up a level once I get to 10 on either hand, so left to level 9 next week. Right hand set was all over the place :/ I think I will start just setting the V2 throughout the week, Daniel. My left hand is crap at setting this thing.

Light overcrushes for time:

Right

20s - Filed IM 1.5

14s - Filed IM 1.5

16s - Filed IM 1.5, followed immediately by

30s - IM Trainer

Left

15s - BBA 5/8"

20s - BBA 5/8"

22s - BBA 5/8", followed immediately by

33s - IM Sport

5x5 @ 105

1x30s @ 60

Didn't get to the store to make the 53mm block, gonna try to this weekend.

Front Lever: 5x5 @ 27.5" R/28" L

Rear Lever: 5x5 @ 20" R/ 20.5" L

Sup/Pro: 5x5 @ 26" R/26.5" L

1x30s @ pinky at 27"R/27.5" L Front Hammer Press <-- tough! Was basically this with the 30 second hold at the top:

hammerpress.jpg

Paying attention to the differences in finger and hand positioning for each of the sledge moves helped a lot.

Gripper Max (TSG):

Right:

4xF @ IM 2.5

2xF @ BBGM choked to parallel (missed by about 3 or 4 mm)

3x5s @ Filed IM 2 overcrush

Left:

3xF @ BBM 5/8" <-- making progress here

3x5s @ Filed IM 1.5 overcrush

Been 12 days since I touched a TSG. Gonna up the volume on the V2 for Wednesday.

1 - 100

1 - 115

1 - 125

1 - 132.5 flew up

1 - 140 solid

F - 147.5

F - 147.5

F - 147.5

F - 147.5

F - 147.5

Should have jumped to 145--all but two of the attempts at 147.5 were 4+ inches up. These were done with a 57mm block. Goodbye 44mm block! Would've kept at 147.5 but my back was screaming (?). Gotta stay on top of mobility. Here is the 57mm block:

IMG_20111106_130103.jpg

IMG_20111106_130119.jpg

12lb Lever to Face:

Up to:

Right:

1 - 9"

1 - 6"

Left:

1 - 12"

1 - 9"

I feel a full lever just around the corner.

Taken live from my grip closet :grin: Good day all around minus the tweaky back.

Well that tweak was another muscle strain in the same spot that I've gotten it several times before over the past few years. It's not usually a big deal, and last time it was only two days long (I made sure to keep mobile and do light stretching rather than just lay flat all day), but I'm in LA all week for work regardless, so the next pinch workout won't be till thursday at the earliest.

This is such a stupid "injury" on my part. If i'm not 100% focused on pulling even light weights (i.e. 100 pounds as of last night) it goes on me. I need to lose some weight and tighten up the core this is getting ridiculous. This has happened like five times over the past two years, exact same cause and exact same symptoms. :angry:

Gripper Volume (V2):

25x2 Left @ L9

25x5 Right @ L9

Decided to crank up the volume to something similar to RRBT. I want to be crushing the set on this thing to really hit a max close on it and to make TSG sets seem like sets on a Walmart gripper.

I did sets of 5 with the right because my left hand had real problems setting anything over L9 :whacked

Gripper Max (TSG):

Right:

4xF @ IM 2.5

2xF @ BBGM choked to parallel (missed by about 3 or 4 mm)

3x5s @ Filed IM 2 overcrush

Left:

3xF @ BBM 5/8" <-- making progress here

3x5s @ Filed IM 1.5 overcrush

Been 12 days since I touched a TSG. Gonna up the volume on the V2 for Wednesday.

Nice choker work here

5x5 @ 115

1x30s @ 70

Front Lever: 5x5 @ 27.5" R/28" L

Rear Lever: 5x5 @ 20" R/ 20.5" L

Sup/Pro: 5x5 @ 26" R/26.5" L

Front Hammer Press: 1x30s @ pinky at 27"R/27.5" L

Formulator:

Wrist Curls: 1x20 @ 5lbs

1x20 @ 7.5

1x20 @ 10

Reverse Curls: 1x20 @ 2.5lbs

1x20 @ 2.5

1x20 @ 2.5

Finally put the formulator together. Still need to tweak it a bit. Reverse wrist curls were really awkward--I think the space for the hands needs to be made a bit wider. It's workable for now, but I'll pick up some longer bolts when I get the chance. Forearms are PUMPED.

Nice choker work here

Thanks, man!

Hey on that 11/6 video, how is that not a full lever? Looked good to me!

Well full ROM for where my hand is on the handle, but not a "full lever" as in my hand not all the way down yet. Still 2 inches to go. :)