Sorinex Grip Machine Review - 2012

mightyjoe

Here's my review of the Sorinex, Mighty Mitts Pops Grip Machine:

Hope this review is helpful to all considering buying this wonderful piece of Grip Training

Equipment!!!

BEST Grip Machine I've ever owned to date!!!

I worked on the MM unit last night so many new ways to use it.Also looked into some additional value added accessories. Joe "House" Wilson husband of Adrian our first ladies certified #2 closer made the pledge last night to get on the unit and in hopes of putting him over the edge with some old school special training will hopefully become a new COC and half of the first ever married COC couple. He has shut the #3 many times in training in the past few years but wanted to have it down solid before applying.Much to come! R Sorin

I am trying to compare the features and cost of the Sorinex Mighty Mitts Pops Gripper with the G-Rex 621 Gripper. Looking at the pictures, they both look good.

Question. do the 2 grip machines come with a 1" weight post for Standard plates, or are they only a 2" weight post for Olympic plates. (I only have Standard plates).

The G-Rex is a much larger unit with a foot assist resistance plate to add instant pressure for overload and negatives work. Both units feature a 1" load pin that is entirely suitable for Olympic OR standard plates. The G Rex weighs in at about twice the weight of the new MM Pops gripper. Thanks for asking! R Sorin

We have several new faces in our gym ,MMA fighters that actually use the 1945 airplane hanger building where I built my first equipment. ( they liked the fact that the walls had cave man painting style hand prints on the rough cinder block wall. what they liked was each was done in blood. Aside from the rest of that story I found they train grip quite a bit. A nasty looking "person" in the group was doing our Grip factory super grip roller saw me finger tipping the Pops MM gripper with bands on it. He had a "what gives "look. I explained that to have a strong functional grip there needs to be a balance of strength between the thumb and the sum of remaining 4 fingers and by using the fingertip pinch squeeze hold it was just like the mechanics used in grabbing(and holding) a wrist, arm or.....neck if it came down to it. I like to train in a sport specific way so the wide "claw type "movements always appealed to me. that young and his other two battlers literally pounced on the thing when I finished. Pitty the fool that crosses them! Lol R.Sorin

• 3 weeks later...

Posting my review video as well. This is a very cool piece of equipment here:

• Like 1