Original Fatman Blob Curvature

shartak

Hi,

since its impossible for me to find any Blob at a reasonable price (or even any blob replica) I've decided

to make one on my own.

Can anyone provide me with information about the exact curvature of an originial Fatman

blob or tell me where to find it in the net? A picture with a pencil-trace of the curvature would be best, but any

help or hint is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Well I thought about the following ways:

either I ask someone who has access to a CNC lathe or thorugh a professional foundry.

I also thought about making the molding and the casting myself.

Currently I'm invinting offers from some companies in my area

Just get your hands on one (borrow) to make a cast. You could probably make a few and sell them to help offset the cost.

I think the blob50s were a cast of the 2nd gen yorks. It would be cool if some fatman copies were made.

It would definitely be cool, but I cannot get my hands on one so easy because I live in Europe..

Thats why I'm looking for exact measurements

Nothing wrong with trying to save some money but from the route you've described you're going to take

I can't imagine not spending a couple hundred dollars to buy one.

The route you're considering would be more than $200.00!

What would you describe as a reasonable price?

If you're waiting on someone to sell a Fatman for cheap then you might as well get started

making your own. Won't happen unless someone simply doesn't know what they have!

I wish you well!

Post pics of your creation when you're done please!

Look at the Loadable Blob sold by Strongergrip.com $129.99 size 5.10" wide x 6.5"

This seems to be very close to what you are talking about - plus you can change the weight by using the loading pin or adding steel shot. I bought one for Christmas and like it very much.

Well, a reasonable price (for me) would be around 200$, but definitely not the 500+ for the one which is currently on ebay, for example.

So I have only the chance of making one on my own left.

@Gary Gray: The version in the strongergrip-shop is too round for my taste. Has anyone experiences with it ?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, a reasonable price (for me) would be around 200$, but definitely not the 500+ for the one which is currently on ebay, for example.

So I have only the chance of making one on my own left.

@Gary Gray: The version in the strongergrip-shop is too round for my taste. Has anyone experiences with it ?

Really interested in hearing people's opinions on the loadable blob too, looks pretty interesting

I have a review of Loadable Blob devices planned for DieselCrew.com when I can get to it. I own a Stronger Grip Loadable Blob and am borrowing a PDA Blobette for a while, so I hope to help others make good decisions for ways to train to lift the Blob.

I have a review of Loadable Blob devices planned for DieselCrew.com when I can get to it. I own a Stronger Grip Loadable Blob and am borrowing a PDA Blobette for a while, so I hope to help others make good decisions for ways to train to lift the Blob.

Thanks in advance Jedd! I look forward to reading your review. Please reply back when it's available.

Can't wait to see the review dude. I really love watching your videos on YouTube.