E J Livesey, Level 1

Cannon

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

EJ Livesey

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

EJ mashes the GripBoard Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1

Mash Monster Profile

Name: EJ Livesey

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 250

Date of Feat: 4/16/15

Witness:

How Long Grip Training: not really into grip training. This is carry over from steel bending

Current Grip Training Program: n/A

Other Training Info: Lift heavy, eat clean and sleep

Other Info:

Acknowledgements: My family, specifically my mom

gallery_9552_18_322023.png

EJ Livesey, the 94th man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1.

Back to the Mash Monsters Main

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?

Started out in high school like almost everyone else, but I was more into looking good than being strong. Then my first year in college I got hit with a ripped ACL, it crippled me for the better part of 5 years. After I healed up and was back walking again, I began to run and lift almost a year later. The past 5 years I have lifted specifically to excel in steel bending, my real passion. I currently lift heavy and hard only hitting the big muscle groups.

How did you get into grip training?

By watching Youtube. Then I eventually found my way to JeddJohnson’s house for Worlds Strongest Hands.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?

Push as hard as you want, BUT listen to your body. When it says rest, rest. One huge thing I have noticed through the years trying different grippers is; you need to strengthen your pinky and ring fingers to be successful in gripper closing.

What does your current grip routine look like?

I don’t have one. I currently don't train grip.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?

In 2012 I tried the CoC 2.5 and closed it, lost interest and didn't try anything until fall of 2014. Fall of 2014 I closed the CoC 3 with a MM set. I was satisfied.

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and it’s affect on your training?

I have not.

What are your favorite grip exercises? I don’t have any specific grip exercises, however I never use wrist straps while lifting. I am sure that has helped me gain grip strength.

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?

I am not experienced enough to answer that

Who do you most admire in gripdom?

Everyone that busts their asses to achieve something.

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?

Actually focus on grip, which is something I am contemplating for the future.

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?

Anything that tests your mental strength

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?

Closing the MM1

What do you believe is the most common mistake made by new grip trainees?

Getting to excited about their new found passion and not building a strong base first.

What do you consider to be the greatest grip feats of all time?

Im not really sure. Things that impress the hell out of me are the hubbing feats, blobs and inch lifts.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?

Stay strong, be safe and listen to your body.

• Like 6

Congrats EJ...welcome to the club!!

Congrats EJ...welcome to the club!!

Thanks bruddah