Back-Lever Hold For Time

patrickmeniru

Haven't tried this movement in a long time, was surprised how easy it felt, although form wasn't ideal. Anyone else do back lever work? No idea if it carries over to anything else, but looks pretty cool :happy

Edited by PatrickMeniru

I really don't think it carries over to much, but I do them every now and then for fun.

Strange thing: I always seem to blow a vessel in my nose when I do these.

I do back and front levers on the rings as a part of my climbing training. I can't quite hold the true front lever yet but the back is "fair". They do seem to have some carryover to climbing - as much as most things do anyway - seem to make my shoulders more stable I think.

I do front levers but I haven't tried a back lever hold. Looks cool.

I dont think my shoulders could get into that position!

Adam Glass is posting a lot of these movements. Seems to be taking his strength to new levels. Unfortunately I'm fat and weak.

I really don't think it carries over to much, but I do them every now and then for fun.

Strange thing: I always seem to blow a vessel in my nose when I do these.

Weird, I did used to feel a lot of pressure in my head when I started doing them, but not so much now.

I do back and front levers on the rings as a part of my climbing training. I can't quite hold the true front lever yet but the back is "fair". They do seem to have some carryover to climbing - as much as most things do anyway - seem to make my shoulders more stable I think.

I'm similar in terms of having the backlever but not quite there with the front lever yet. Working on it though!

I do front levers but I haven't tried a back lever hold. Looks cool.

Nice! If you can do the front lever, I don't doubt you can do the back lever, or that you'd be able to get one very quickly.

Awesome hold!

Thanks!

Very impressive!

I wish I could do that, I think my shoulders would dislocate or I would tear something apart and then fall on my face lol.

with calisthenics these guys are my inspiration. Also Barstarzz, Corey Hall and Frank Medrano.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

with calisthenics these guys are my inspiration. Also Barstarzz, Corey Hall and Frank Medrano.

Those guys are strong! I don't tend to watch so many of the pure calisthenics channels any more, not that I don't hugely respect them, I quite like the guys who have also branched out into lower body strength too like littlebeastm, jim bathurst and daniel from fitnessfaqs. Also a big fan of gymnasts like cisco, strength is just unreal.

YouTube is great for inspiration, such a shame that so many people like to post distasteful and immature comments which can deter people from posting.

• Like 1

Wow, that is some strong work! Seems like there are more than a few of us who practice calisthenics and bodyweight training here on the board. Perhaps we could one major thread where we could post our progress, share our goals, support and push each other!

• Like 3

Wow, that is some strong work! Seems like there are more than a few of us who practice calisthenics and bodyweight training here on the board. Perhaps we could one major thread where we could post our progress, share our goals, support and push each other!

great idea David, let's do it! I can put something together later today unless someone else wants to start it. Should we do it in this section or "workout reports"? Do the moderators care btw?

great idea David, let's do it! I can put something together later today unless anyone else wants to start it.Should we do it in the "strength and power" forum or "workout reports"? Do the moderators care btw?

great idea David, let's do it! I can put something together later today unless anyone else wants to start it.Should we do it in the "strength and power" forum or "workout reports"? Do the moderators care btw?

From what I know, threads recording feats by lots of different people tend to go in strength and power, the workout reports seems to usually be training logs from individuals - so I would probably suggest here - although someone with more experience may know otherwise!