Physiques Of Athletes...interesting

Bill Piche

I'm missing the huge handed athlete that is most suited for gripsport. :grin:

Very interesting though to see all those vastly different body types. All perfectly build for their own sport.

I had seen this many years ago, and I have to agree with Wannagrip, the marathoners have a horrible body in my humble opinion. But it's their choice, so I respect that.

If you google (images) the words "marathoner vs. sptiner" you will notice that for many years people have been making pictures comparing the bodies of one vs. the other, and it is indeed a very remarkable difference. Most sprinters are quite muscular even in the upper body department, while the marathoner's muscles are usually tiny (except the heart which I think actually GROWS from that sport... another reason not to do it perhaps?). Another fun fact is I've seen a few studies (if they can be called that) where it was found that sprinters are also actually leaner, meaning a lower bodyfat %. Sprinting is awesome :)

Well according to that - I'm sure no weightlifter!

Could they have used more oil on these guys :blink

I was also going to point out that it seems all male athletes shave their legs

I will say this, I prefer the marathoner to the hammer thrower...

That is a whole lot a woman!

• Like 1

I will say this, I prefer the marathoner to the hammer thrower...

That is a whole lot a woman!

Hah though most hammer throwers are not that overweight. It takes a lot of explosive power and technique more then just raw strength.

Its one of the events I like to watch in person and especially when the olympics come around

Here is the current world and olympic champion.

hOAQPnc.jpg

DAMEwbQ.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have the link but there is one out there where you type in your height and weight and it sort of compares that to the Olympics games athletes that closely match those specs. I am close to Olympic rowers as much as anything. Now if I just had any rowing ability :).

ok, i did it an my physique most matched this dude. i am not nearly as lean as him but i'll take it.

http://wrestling.com.ua/images/articles/news/2013-07/f_12347377681375166903.jpg

Looks like he made the other fella cry. Haha

ok, i did it an my physique most matched this dude. i am not nearly as lean as him but i'll take it.

At least you got a guy. Apparently there's a female judoka from Cape Verde who's almost exactly my size (5'7, 230 pounds). I'm not sure how I feel about that. :)

• Like 1

At least you got a guy. Apparently there's a female judoka from Cape Verde who's almost exactly my size (5'7, 230 pounds). I'm not sure how I feel about that. :)

whoa...she may kick my guys ass.

whoa...she may kick my guys ass.

I definitely wouldn't want to tangle with her...

No matter how much weight I typed in, I kept getting an ugly looking fat guy. I vote to ban Chris Rice from this forum :getlost:

YOU look like an ugly fat guy and I get banned - whats up with that ? Haven't heard much from you lately Mike - hope the world is treating you well (besides the fat and ugly parts) :)

At my current weight around 200 It has me as a swimmer, at my heavier weight of 220 (where I'm trying to get back to) it has me as a kayak-er.

At my current weight around 200 It has me as a swimmer, at my heavier weight of 220 (where I'm trying to get back to) it has me as a kayak-er.

So in either case, you're a giant mermaid. :)

So in either case, you're a giant mermaid. :)

Long limbed, and big feet and hands like paddles. Yep!