Diesel/ T. G. A. Holdfast Gauntlet

Jedd Johnson

Entry form, updated events, event video - all added to first post.

As you know, this event may or may not happen for me. It will be pending my August 16th surgery.

I will be attempting to train for it as much as possible pre and post surgery.

As you know, this event may or may not happen for me. It will be pending my August 16th surgery.

I will be attempting to train for it as much as possible pre and post surgery.

Just get better brother!

Stay Strong Rick as always brotherrrrr.

Just posted the announcement of the contest on my website. I am strongly considering capping the contest at 20 competitors, so if you're thinking of coming, you best not wait too long.

http://www.dieselcrew.com/grip-contest-the-holdfast-gauntlet

Just posted the announcement of the contest on my website. I am strongly considering capping the contest at 20 competitors, so if you're thinking of coming, you best not wait too long.

Jedder-

I don't want to mail in a form and money if I don't know yet if I can make it. Surgery is August 16th, so it depends on when he releases me for grip. I would assume right away, but you never know.

Just hold me a spot if you can, and I will let you know post surgery for sure.

Thanks!

Jedd, id love to come up for this. As long as work schedule allows.

As far as the hammer dead lift, is it at 31", will any one be able to do it? It seems very elite.

@Rico, did you see the video I put up of the way the sledge will be contested?

Jedder-

I don't want to mail in a form and money if I don't know yet if I can make it. Surgery is August 16th, so it depends on when he releases me for grip. I would assume right away, but you never know.

Just hold me a spot if you can, and I will let you know post surgery for sure.

Thanks!

Rick,

You have a spot reserved no matter what brother. Don't worry about that.

• Like 1

Yes Jedd, I checked it out, I've had mine marked like that for years now. I agree, it's the best idea.

Parris

• 1 month later...

I'm in. :rock

Unfortunately there is not a lot of time to beard up...so I won't be at full power. ;)

Jedd, I gotta bow out. I PM'd you about my sister's wedding being that weekend and there's more planned for the weekend than I imagined and I can't get away.

I WILL be at your a place sometime soon though!

Good luck with the comp!

No problem Kevin. Some time soon though.

Nate, awesome to have you on board for the comp.

I'm coming to kick butt and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum brother!

• Like 1

We will be there for sure. On the fence about competing and it will be a game day decision if there is still and open spot. Right now I am leaning towards no so I can help load, judge, etc. but with everyone else competing I might have to throw my hat into the ring. I don't want to hold anyone's spot, so if you can fill it up Jedd then do it and I will just help wherever you need. I know how hard it is to run a contest and compete at the same time!

My vehicle will be loaded down with supplies as Rindo and his wife will be headed to the homestead afterwards for some camping, consumption of beef, and shooting lots of high powered firearms! :devil

Yes Jedd, I checked it out, I've had mine marked like that for years now. I agree, it's the best idea.

Parris

How did you put that image type of link for your personal gallery? It almost looks like a feature of the board to do that the way it is shown in your sig. Thanks.

Parris

How did you put that image type of link for your personal gallery? It almost looks like a feature of the board to do that the way it is shown in your sig. Thanks.

Bill this is what I enteredin the signature section:

Ok ill pm you about it

Edited by rico300zx

Rick, there is a spot for you no matter what.

There is one competitor who has said he is going to send in an entry fee and form, but I have seen nothing.

Any one else debating? Getting down to the wire.

Thanks,

Jedd

Rick, there is a spot for you no matter what.

There is one competitor who has said he is going to send in an entry fee and form, but I have seen nothing.

Any one else debating? Getting down to the wire.

Thanks,

Jedd

In 2012, I was debating going to WSH and Jedd said something like "Come on brotherrrr, get the experience!"

I got to say...I went, got that experience and have never regretted it.

Totally changed my whole outlook on Grip Sport.

It was great fun, and motivated me beyond belief.

• Like 3

Thanks Nate. This one is going to be a good one too.

Hey everyone,

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to attend the contest next week. I had some things come up. I was really looking forward to tearing it up at Jedd's palce. I was also really looking forward to meeting everyone. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see some big numbers put up.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back out of the comp this Saturday for a couple reasons. One is work...I'm in crunch time at my job and if I don't go in on Saturday it sends the message that I just don't care. The second reason is that I "popped" something in my left side yesterday doing deficit deadlifts...something with my rib/intercostals. Such is life....

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back out of the comp this Saturday for a couple reasons. One is work...I'm in crunch time at my job and if I don't go in on Saturday it sends the message that I just don't care. The second reason is that I "popped" something in my left side yesterday doing deficit deadlifts...something with my rib/intercostals. Such is life....

Crap monkeys. Once again...life dares interfere with Grip Sport...the nerve!

Bummer man. :(

Dude, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you. Bad run of last minute injuries for the entire group. I hope you heal soon and that work thing straightens itself out.

Dude, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you. Bad run of last minute injuries for the entire group. I hope you heal soon and that work thing straightens itself out.

Thanks Jedd.....the side is already feeling much better (I think I momentarily displaced a rib or something), but I'm in the hot seat at work with this project and have to do the responsible thing.