Mm2, Coc 3 Cert, And Armwrestling

David_wigren

Nothing serious David. I just play around with them, but yesterday I choked my Elite(unrated) and I really liked the feeling of that kind of work. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

• Like 1

Yeah I kind of like the feel of choker closes. The set is such a random factor. I've cleaned up my set over time but still it varies alot.

Lat pull down

120 kg

3 reps (crap to heavy)

110 kg

6 reps

6 reps

100 kg

7 reps

7 reps

90 kg

8 reps

8 reps

Pull over in a cabel machine

30 kg

10 reps

35 kg

7 reps

30 kg

12 reps

10 reps

Triceps in cabel machine

3 sets of 15 reps

Dumbell wrist curls

25 kg

15 reps

22.5 kg

15 reps

20 kg

20 reps

20 reps

Two 15 kg plate pinch

Right hand

3 reps

13 reps, big PR

A few pitiful attempts to clean the 15 kg plates

Left hand

2 reps

5 reps

3 reps

2 reps

Supination/pronation

5 kg

10 reps

6 kg

10 reps

7 kg

10 reps PR

7.5 kg

3 reps PR

5 kg

10 reps

10 reps

Left hand only used 5 kg so not to aggrevate the injury.

Ulnar levering with sledgehammers

8 lbs

10 reps

I stopped here since I noticed my wrist hadn't fully recovered since last workout.

Radial towel lift isos

4-5 sets each hand.

what is your general weekly training interval in short, David? And in what order are you planning to attack your goals?

• Like 1

Hey Geralt! I've pretty recently added grippers to my training again (shortly before I started the log). So the plan is to try and peak on the grippers as soon as possible. My approach will be to hit 10 reps on my easy #3. After which I will shoot for 5 reps with my hard #3. When I can do that I will sign up for the MM2. I'm hoping that'll be sometime during late dec to early jan. After that I'll focos more on a big armwrestling comp that will take place sometime in feb-march, I forget exectly when it is. A month or two after that is nationals, which will be my biggest focus. And finally after that I'll hopefully still be strong in the grippers and I'll go for the Ironmind #3 cert. That's pretty much the plan.

• Like 3

Grippers

Right hand

Hard #3

Single, gripper slipped after the first rep but honestly I don't think I could've gotten anything more than that single.

167 lbs G8

Fail, got it down to about 5 mm, felt really hard.

Easy #3

7 reps

9 reps

Left hand

14 reps

8 reps

10 reps

15 reps

Armwrestling side pressure work with rubber band. Did hard work on my right and only super easy pulls for my left. Trying to nurture the injury and get some blood into the shoulder and heal things up quicker.

Wrist wrench 60 mm

Right hand

32.5 kg

5 reps

4 reps

27.5 kg

10 reps

10 reps

Left hand

27.5 kg

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

Ulnar sledgehammer levering

8 lbs

15 reps

11 lbs

10 reps

10 reps

8 lbs

15 reps

15 reps

Armwrestling tadial iso pulls with a towel

3 set each arm.

Supination/pronation

5 kg

20 reps

20 reps

• Like 1

Yesterday

Lat pulldown

120 kg

2 reps (still to heavy especially with my bum shoulder)

110 kg

5 reps

5 reps

100 kg

8 reps

8 reps

Cable pullover

30 kg

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

Dragon flag work.

Today

Deadlift short rest between sets.

110 kg

5 reps

5 reps

140 kg

5 reps

125 kg

5 reps

5 reps

110 kg

10 reps

Light human flag work/stretching

Dumbell curl

20 kg

13 reps

10 reps

Reverse flyes machine

2 sets 30 reps.

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 3

Easy #3 - 10

Hard #3 - 2, 1, 1

Easy #3 - 8, 10, 6

Left hand

#2.5 - 3, 1, 3, 2, 2

#2 - 16, 12, 7

Pinch two 15 kg plates

Right hand - 6, 5

Left hand - 3, 2

Supination/pronation the following weights and reps are what I did with the right hand. For the left hand I stuck with the 5 kg for all sets and did 10 reps each set.

5 kg - 10

6.5kg - 10

7.5 kg - 8 PR

5 kg - 10

Some armwrestling side pressure work with bands.

Twist yo wrist

6 kg - 6

Bodyweight was 76.3 kg

• Like 2

Nice. How do you do the supination/pronation? Dumbbell? How do you load it?

Funny to read, 'easy' and 'hard' #3. No way telling what the cert gripper will be. But they don't vary lol.

After this cert is over, the other certs will be better to train for haha

• Like 1

Nice. How do you do the supination/pronation? Dumbbell? How do you load it?

Funny to read, 'easy' and 'hard' #3. No way telling what the cert gripper will be. But they don't vary lol.

After this cert is over, the other certs will be better to train for haha

Ha! The grippers only vary slightly, like an uncalibrated barbell. Yeah right! My hard 3 not only has a wider spread, it has a deeper mount as well. Feels harder all the way through. The sweep feels soft on the easy 3 which I would guess at 135-140 at the RGC scale. With the hard one being closer to 155.

You're right. I use a loadable dumbell and I just load one side. I do pronation first, all the reps consecutively, switch hands and then switch back to do the supinated reps. I try to go just a little bit below paralell and I pause each rep. We had this as an event in a grip competition last summer. We used a longer handle though. And the biggest problem was right where the handle would reach paralell to the table in the pronation. The rest of the lift was easy. So I'm mostly focosing on getting strong in that particular position.

• Like 1

20.1 k run in 1:48.35. Ugh, I'm gonna hate myself in the morning!

Half a marathon! You are in great condition David!

20.1 k run in 1:48.35. Ugh, I'm gonna hate myself in the morning!

Half a marathon! You are in great condition David!

Thank you Manthos! My lungs and heart could go faster and longer but my legs were giving up on me. Felt pretty good up til 17 k but then my strength diminished quickly! After 20 k I could barely walk!

• Like 1

Good running!

Will you be in the 75K or 80K class in armwrestling comp?

I will try to compete in the 75k class. Do you still armwrestle? I know you've dabbled a little with it before.

Plate pinch two 15 kg plates

Righty - 3, 8

Lefty - 2, 4

60 mm wrist wrench replica

Righty

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 6

27.5 kg - 20

30 kg - 6

Lefty

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 2

27.5 kg - 15

30 kg - 5

Thor hammer curls. I take a loadeble dumbell and load all the weight on one side and do hammer curls with it.

17 kg - 10, 10

14 kg - 15, 15

Ulnar levering

8 lbs - 10

11 lbs - 10, 10

8 lbs - 10

I see you like reps more than going heavy. Seems working food with you.

Btw how good is your max in ww replica? I recently got mine and tried it today and only got 32.5kg as my best. And heck lefty was stronger than righty! But maybe because I did some grip work before with more focus on my right hand?

• Like 1

Good running!

I will try to compete in the 75k class. Do you still armwrestle? I know you've dabbled a little with it before.

Ok. No, I dont armwrestle. I realize now Im aging, because it's like 10 years since. I remember I did one competition called Golden Arm in Gävle.

• Like 1

Btw how good is your max in ww replica? I recently got mine and tried it today and only got 32.5kg as my best. And heck lefty was stronger than righty! But maybe because I did some grip work before with more focus on my right hand?

Maybe. But then again some are stronger with their other hand in certain lifts. My right hand is stronger in everything except face levers with a sledge hammer. For some odd reason my left is stronger than my right in that lift. Maybe you have a similar thing going with your thick bar strength? My best single lift with it so far is 37.5 kg with my right and 32.5 kg with my left.

And yes I like reps more. I just feel like I get stronger faster with rep work. When I switch to singles and low reps, my strength will often start to slowly decrease.

• Like 1

Good running!

Ok. No, I dont armwrestle. I realize now Im aging, because it's like 10 years since. I remember I did one competition called Golden Arm in Gävle.

Damn. Time goes by way to quick! Golden arms is my next planned competition! Sometime in February I think. I think they set the pro class to 78 kg so I'm gonna shoot for that weight.

How about grip thoug? Steel bending?

Edited by David_wigren

Maybe. But then again some are stronger with their other hand in certain lifts. My right hand is stronger in everything except face levers with a sledge hammer. For some odd reason my left is stronger than my right in that lift. Maybe you have a similar thing going with your thick bar strength? My best single lift with it so far is 37.5 kg with my right and 32.5 kg with my left.

And yes I like reps more. I just feel like I get stronger faster with rep work. When I switch to singles and low reps, my strength will often start to slowly decrease.

True but the weird thing is I am better at thick bar right handed than lefty. When I did the WW I felt wrist weakness. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLOYMmYMmw

True but the weird thing is I am better at thick bar right handed than lefty. When I did the WW I felt wrist weakness. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLOYMmYMmw

Hmm wierd. Maybe it's a wrist thing like you say. I try to lift with a bent wrist in the WW so the thumb is less involved than it would be during a normal thick bar lift.

BTW you've got some cool grip implements in your gym!

• Like 1

Maybe. I do this this way as I want the thumb to be involved. This will help my thick bar training a lot and pinch I assume.

And yep the gym is a Grip Haven :P

• Like 1

Good running!

Damn. Time goes by way to quick! Golden arms is my next planned competition! Sometime in February I think. I think they set the pro class to 78 kg so I'm gonna shoot for that weight.

How about grip thoug? Steel bending?

Ahh - That will be a great experience and you'll probably meet up with some great people. :)

Steelbending I dont do at the moment. Only thing grip I do nowadays is grippers. CCS my easy #3(143lbs) is a goal I have.

• Like 1