Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

Also her UK's strongest woman video. I coached her for this so was focus for a while but now no more contests till next year.

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 3

Didn't mean to link wrist wrench twice, it won't let me delete it.

Trainer x 2 still isn't bad at all, keep at it. Most I could close at first was the trainer.

Did grip again monday, wasnt recovered from the week before, forearms still sore and tendons hurting but trained anyway to keep to schedule. My Grippers weren't strong as expected but becca's was, she managed 10 reps right and 11 reps left with ccs on zenith #2 gripper. She also did 3 sets of 10 deadlifts each hand on wrist wrench +20kg. I managed 3 sets of 8-10 each hand at +37.5kg.

• Like 2

We were overtraining on grip a bit so took it easier today. Becca did some gripper singles at coc #2 and me at coc #3.5.

• Like 5

I know, I know.... all you care about is the #4 cert... but I'll say it again like so many others have said: get certed on the #3.5 while you're at this level... get this out of the way. :) It looks so easy for you.

• Like 4

I thought exactly the same @lifesnotfair. Can't wrap my head around it. Being able to do it but not doing the cert because of a higher goal. And here I am struggling to get that damn 3 cert. 

It felt really easy yeah. What we might do is I cert #3.5 both right and left hand and becca #2 both right and left hand but not sure. By how strong I am now just starting back ccs #4 may very well happen in training before this phase is out.

• Like 2

Yesterday did vulcan v2 ccs to level 18 for 5 reps. Will see what I can do for singles next week but tore pinky finger so not sure. Becca did level 8 for 20 mms reps.

Realised it was a different spring (had black one on it) on my vulcan than I thought so was level 15 for 5 last time and think level 5 x 20 mms for becca. Did level 18 ccs for a single on it yesterday, was fairly comfy but could only do level 17 left. Becca managed upto level 8 ccs. Have put the chrome spring on it for next time. I had a good day all around and managed comfortable lifts of +31.25kg on ironmind pinch block and +46.25kg on wrist wrench.

2 hours ago, Royz said:

That's siiiiick dude!

Thanks but meh, had torn pinky, will do level 20 soon I think, hopefully in two weeks. Put chrome spring on now so don't know if it will be any different strength or not though.

4 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Thanks but meh, had torn pinky, will do level 20 soon I think, hopefully in two weeks. Put chrome spring on now so don't know if it will be any different strength or not though.

Lol. Well I just hope I will one day get to this meh level of strength. Looking forward to seeing that level 20!

• Like 2

Tried the vulcan with chrome spring, found it very tough to set and hold in position, got 18 but came 1mm off 19. The actual crush strength is there for a level 20 definately but need to work on holding it in position. Becca could only manage level 7, she struggled to set it and couldn't hold the position for level 8. We got some better chalk and I almost had 52kg wrist wrench, becca got 33.25kg and I got 40.4kg pinch block whilst becca got 25.4kg.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had another decent day, managed level 19 ccs with the chrome spring. level 20 is probably there but arm was hurting so took the pb and did some reps. Did level 15 x 10. Becca had a much better day on the vulcan getting a solid level 10, so now in the range of ccs 2.5's most likely, 11 definately is there or there abouts also. She also did 26.65kg on ironmind blockbuster (Elizabeth's wr being 27.9kg) and setup +12.5kg on world of grip penny pinch (Elizabeth's wr being 14.15kg on half penny). I also managed 41.65kg on blockbuster, 42.9kg half way up.