Akron Stronghands/ Wounded Warrior Fundraiser/ April 27th

bubba29

Okay so I've got two things due April 23, one due April 26.... And one due April 30. Ugh. But I still may be able to make it. I'll PM you about it...

what is due the 30th? grip guys are the smartest meatheads around. someone should be able to help.

Bigass paper. Haha. They're all bigass papers. I dont need help, it just takes time. All in all, there is about 60 pages of final papers due. think that one is on Virginia Woolf...

Yeah, we are an intelligent community of monsters aren't we?

ASH1

ASH2

click for bigger image

These are the front and back of a promotional postcard I had done. If you want to help me recruit for this event, let me know and I will send you some to pass out. Thx.

As a medically retired soldier with over 17 years of active service and a soldier medic that has seen way to many wounded both physically and mentally I have to commend everyone that is a part of this for their efforts in supporting our troops--Great job guys and gals, I really hope this event turns out to be epic and starts a trend to help more of our brothers and sisters in arms...I know all to well that when they are done with you the majority fade away and are left to deal with the damage mostly on their own.

Edited by GatorGrip
  • Like 2

As a medically retired soldier with over 17 years of active service and a soldier medic that has seen way to many wounded both physically and mentally I have to commend everyone that is a part of this for their efforts in supporting our troops--Great job guys and gals, I really hope this event turns out to be epic and starts a trend to help more of our brothers and sisters in arms...I know all to well that when they are done with you the majority fade away and are left to deal with the damage mostly on their own.

well said, gator grip...

this is a great cause and i really wish i could make it, but as it stands i cannot..

Edited by jvance

I worked at a pizza place for a couple years and sometimes people would come in with flyers for various things and we would throw one in the bag with every order in exchange for them handing out our menus or buying a bunch of pizza for an event. If you have a favorite place you should contact them and see if they would do that, it's a good way to get a lot of flyers out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a buddy who is interested in competing with us. He's never trained grip, but i know he has strong hands already, because I've let him mess with some of my grip stuff. I'll show him the contested events.

Also... Will we know what the medley will basically consist of ahead of time, or is it gonna be a surprise?

Here are the events thus far, this is also the order they will go in:

1) 2 hand pinch (one width only...probably 50 or 52 mm) rising bar last man standing
2) rolling thunder also rising bar (total combined for both hands)
3) grip medley, it will be a surprise. open and novices will have successes and failures.
4) grip centric farmers walk. hub plates for max distance in 30 seconds immediately followed by dumbbell with fatgripz farmer's walk max distance in 30 seconds. weights to be determined
because this is not a sanctioned event i decided on single width and rising bar/last man standing. i want an event that creates interest, raises money, and doesn't go late into the night. i cannot get into the gym till afternoon.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My semester is going pretty well. I'm going to do everything in my power to make this competition even though grippers are not an event :grin:. Any idea of what kind of weight will be used in the grip farmers walk for the open division?

My semester is going pretty well. I'm going to do everything in my power to make this competition even though grippers are not an event :grin:. Any idea of what kind of weight will be used in the grip farmers walk for the open division?

for the open division, it will be hub 25's for max distance in 30 seconds immediately followed by ~120# farmer's walk handles with standard size FatGripz max distance in 30 seconds. it will be a fine line between running with the weights and keeping a grip on them.

Edited by bubba29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be there also. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I just want to wish everyone Good Luck! I have a Track Meet I have to go to.

I just want to wish everyone Good Luck! I have a Track Meet I have to go to.

understood. thx for the donated equipment, that fat handle dumbbell handle is beautiful and will find a great home. thank you for your help. hope the weather cooperates for your meet. been a rough outdoor track season thus far.

I'm not going to be able to make it, I thought that I would so I am bummed about that. Have fun everyone who is going!